When Days Seem Like Seconds and Seconds Seem Like Days

I'll be Your Sun if You'll be my Moon

Hey guys quick warning... ummm the ending gets a bit graphic but I don't think I made it too bad. Just you know... throwing a warning out there just in case

Enjoy!

                Youngjae whined as he felt sleep slowly slipping away from him. He rolled onto his other side and nuzzled into his furry pillow. His breathed in the comforting scent and exhaled with a sigh

                ‘Wait,’ Youngjae stilled, ‘I don’t have a furry pillow.’

                “Daehyun, what did I tell you about this?” Youngjae asked groggily.

                A canine whine met his ears as the pillow, which was actually Daehyun in wolf form, shuffled a bit.

                Youngjae sighed as he guessed what the werewolf was trying to say, “I don’t care that you are in wolf form and therefore can’t pull anything. I told you not to sneak in while I’m sleeping—seriously how do you keep getting in here?”

                Youngjae finally opened his eyes and pulled away from Daehyun’s warmth. Daehyun whined again, this time more vocally as he voiced his complaints.

                “I mean it!”

                Daehyun stood up and circled around on the bed before laying down again closer to Youngjae. Youngjae rolled his eyes as he saw wolf Daehyun smile at him.

                “You’re a pest.”

                Daehyun Youngjae’s face and Youngjae whined, “You slobbered me. Daehyun!”

                Daehyun yipped and the side of Youngjae’s face again. As Youngjae turned away from him, Daehyun crawled closer and the back on his neck.

                Youngjae laughed, “Would you stop? I thought I told you to leave.”

                Daehyun whined and nudged the crook of Youngjae’s neck, making him cringe and giggle, “That’s cheating!”

                Daehyun smiled as he continued trying to tickle Youngjae and make the vampire squirm while showering him in love.

                “Fine! I just want to sleep,” Youngjae laughed. “Stop and I’ll let you stay with me in human form.”

                Daehyun immediately pulled away and looked at Youngjae with perked up ears.

                Youngjae petted the top of Daehyun’s head, “Yeah I’m serious, but you better hurry.”

                Daehyun dashed off of the bed before Youngjae’s words had fully left his mouth. Youngjae laughed at how cute his werewolf was.

                “Make sure you put on clothes!” Youngjae called out.

                A thump on the bed announced Daehyun’s arrival before Youngjae felt a familiar pair of arms encircle him, “I remembered, don’t worry.”

                Youngjae turned around and nuzzled into Daehyun’s neck before lazily slinging an arm over Daehyun’s waist.

                Daehyun chuckled, “Don’t bite me. I don’t think we are ready for that yet.”

                Youngjae weakly slapped Daehyun, “Brat.”

                Daehyun kissed Youngjae’s temple, “I missed you.”

                Youngjae smiled as he entangled his legs with Daehyun’s, “I missed you too. Did I tell you I was considering going to college so I could be with you in the day?”

                “Are you serious?” Daehyun asked shocked. “What about the sun?”

                Youngjae shrugged, “The sun isn’t too strong up here. If I use an umbrella, a hood, a face mask, and tons of sunscreen I should be fine on days were the sun is out.”

                “You would really do that for me?”

                “For you?” Youngjae wiggled closer to Daehyun so there was absolutely no space between them. “I’m doing it for me because I miss you too.”

                Daehyun chuckled, “Then why do you not like me coming over?”

                “It’s not coming over, it’s sneaking in! And seriously, how are you doing it?” Youngjae pouted.

                “If I tell then I’ll never be allowed in,” Daehyun smiled into the top of Youngjae’s hair as he began to draw circles into Youngjae’s lower back.

                “Of course I’d still let you in.”

                “Yeah, maybe one or two times a week.”

                “Not true.”

                “So true.”

                “No.”

                “Yes.”

                “No.”

                “You know it’s true! I would never be able to surprise you like this.”

                “Not if I gave you a key!”

                Daehyun leaned back, but Youngjae grabbed onto him tightly so he could continue hiding his face. “Hey, stop hiding,” Daehyun chuckled. “What was that about a key?”

                “Nothing,” Youngjae mumbled.

                Daehyun nudged Youngjae’s head, “Did you say you were giving me a key?”

                “Well… I might be picking up an extra key today…”

                Youngjae yelped as he Daehyun switched their positions, lifting Youngjae on top of him so he could smile up at the vampire, “You bought me an extra key?”

                “I… well…” Youngjae looked away embarrassed, “I just want to know where the weak spot in my house is so that I can fix it. If you can get in then any of my enemies can get in too.”

                “So you are giving me a key so that I can get in normally and tell you how I have been getting in?” Daehyun chuckled and pulled Youngjae’s sleep shirt to make Youngjae fall closer to him so he could kiss him. “You are adorable, you know that?”

                “Shut up!” Youngjae scowled. “I’m—“

                “I love you.” Daehyun smiled genially up at him.

                All the irritation left Youngjae as he leaned down to kiss Daehyun again, “I love you too, you idiot.”

                Daehyun hummed into the kiss as his hands started to slide up Youngjae’s legs.

                Youngjae smiled and lifted his mouth away from Daehyun’s just barely, “So, how are you getting in?”

                Daehyun laughed, “Are you kidding me right now?”

                “Nope,” Youngjae moved his mouth to Daehyun’s ear where he began to nibble on his earlobe, “I think you should tell me.”

                Daehyun laughed even harder, “I seriously can’t believe you! I’m not telling you!”

                Youngjae released Daehyun’s ear and pouted, “Daehyun~”

                “How about,” Daehyun rolled them over again so Youngjae was laying beside him, “I tell you after we go pick the key up.”

                “I should have never let the key thing slip.”

                “I’m glad you did,” Daehyun rubbed his nose against Youngjae’s, giving him eskimo kisses. “This way we can go get it together. When can you pick it up?”

                Youngjae had to think for a minute, “7pm.”

                “Ah, so we still have some time. Why don’t we get you out of bed and ready for the night?”

                “Why do you seem so happy about that?” Youngjae laughed.

                Daehyun smirked as he sat up quickly and pulled Youngjae into his arms so he could carry him off the bed, “Maybe because I’m planning on helping you get ready?”

                Youngjae shook his head and chuckled. He slid a hand up into Daehyun’s hair and tugged so Daehyun would face him, “I love you.”

                Daehyun smiled and kissed Youngjae gently before pushing open the bathroom door, “Let me show you how much I love you.”

 

                “I have the key!” Daehyun shouted and ed his hand up into the air.

                Youngjae dropped his head into his hands, “I’m going to kill him.”

                Himchan gawked at Daehyun from across the table, “I don’t even have a key—Youngjae! Why does he get a key before your best friend?!”

                “What’s the key for?” Jongup smiled.

                The sets of eyes turned to look at Jongup.

                “My um… my house?”

                “Oh. That makes sense since you two are a couple,” Jongup nodded before attacking the fries in front of him.

                “Back to the question at hand!” Himchan called attention to himself again. “Where is my key?”

                “You don’t need one,” Youngjae waved a waitress over to put in his and Daehyun’s dinner order.

                Himchan gawked, “I don’t need one?!”

                “No, you don’t,” Youngjae said with a bored tone. “If I’m going to have to put up with Daehyun’s random visits all the time then there is definitely no way I will be able to handle you coming over randomly too.”

                “I don’t come over randomly.”

                “Really?” Youngjae said dryly.

                Daehyun smirked as he snuck his arm around Youngjae’s waist, “No, I try to come over every day.”

                “I’m never going to have alone time again!”

                “That is probably best,” Himchan smiled. “You look the happiest I’ve seen you in… well ever.”

                “Is that so?” Daehyun chuckled as he looked at Youngjae.

                “And Daehyun was so worried about finding his mate,” Jongup added in, “and then when he actually found you can you believe his shock?”

                “Jongup,” Daehyun warned.

                Youngjae laughed, “Please Jongup, continue.”

                Jongup hesitantly looked at Daehyun.

                Youngjae rolled his eyes and nudged Daehyun’s side, “I thought it was age, but he listens to you because you are the alpha’s son right? Stop bullying him.”

                “Youngjae…” Daehyun whined.

                “It’s crazy how you are a Jung though,” Himchan said seriously. “The odds of you two getting together…”

                Jongup frowned, “What’s wrong with Daehyun being a Jung?”

                Daehyun ran his hand through his hair nervously. Seeing the motion, Youngjae grabbed his hand and held on tightly so Daehyun knew he was staying by him.

                “You know your history, right Jongup?” Himchan asked.

                Jongup nodded, “We all had to learn about the war.”

                “Well, then you must know that the Jung pack, which you are a part of,” Himchan added for emphasis, “was one of the fiercest packs. The attacks led under the command of Daehyun’s ancestors devastated the ranks of the vampires and, under the leadership of his grandfather, almost wiped us out. If it wasn’t for the fact that we could change human’s into vampires we would probably be an extinct species.”

                Youngjae nodded, “From what I understand, vampires took advantage of the Demon Jung’s untimely death to build up their numbers and train the newbies into warriors before Daehyun’s father was able to completely take control over the pack.”

                “Oh wow,” Jongup looked at them wide eyed. “Was the training tough?”

                Himchan laughed, “Was it tough? For a newly trained vampire to learn how to survive on minimal blood and still think clearly when all they want to do is feed, it was horrible.”

                Daehyun frowned, “Seems like you know this from experience.”

                “Because I do,” Himchan’s eyes darkened. “I am the only newbie from the first batch they tried training that survived.”

                “That was three hundred years ago,” Jongup looked at Himchan astonished before smiling. “You are pretty cool, Himchan.”

                Himchan was taken aback by Jongup’s answer, “Thanks, Jongup.”

                Jongup scrunched his eyebrows together as he thought deeply again, “So, if that was Daehyun’s grandfather, then why did Daehyun say that it was his father Youngjae was raised to hate?”

                Youngjae’s back went ramrod straight as Daehyun growled at Jongup, letting the younger know he messed up.

                “Stop, both of you,” Himchan glared at Youngjae and Daehyun. “Don’t you think Daehyun deserves to know what happened, Youngjae?”

                “Yeah,” Youngjae sighed, “yeah, I know you are right.”

                “You don’t have to if you really don’t want to,” Daehyun said as he rubbed Youngjae’s hand with his own.

                Youngjae shook his head, “No, I need to just get it out there. As you all know by now I’m sure, I was changed by a vampire named JB.”

                He waited for Daehyun and Jongup to nod their heads, “Well, he changed me after killing my parents.”

                Daehyun squeezed his hand tighter as Jongup’s mouth fell open in shock, “Why would he do that?”

                “At the time we didn’t know it,” Himchan’s whole demeanor showed hatred, “but JB was trying to gain loyal followers to fight werewolves by killing their families and making it look like werewolves did it.”

                “…” Jongup breathed, “that’s pretty extreme isn’t it?”

               Himchan sighed, “The vampire training really was intense. It ed with so many heads…” Himchan shook his head.

                “So, JB is around your age?” Jongup asked.

                Himchan nodded, “Just a few decades younger.”

                “A lot of vampires now think that if more vampires were brought into the war like how I was then we would have won,” Youngjae continued to explain.

                “See, this point confuses me,” Daehyun said. “Why is that?”

                Youngjae laughed widely. “Because we were brainwashed into hating werewolves more than we cared for our own lives. Those under JB’s control were some of the best at killing werewolves, not trying to brag, but it is just the truth.”

                Daehyun and Jongup both looked at Himchan, “He’s telling the truth. JB knew how to train newbies to fight. He gave them a reason to fight and it fueled their rage.”

                “Which is why it took you so long to warm up to talking with us,” Daehyun looked at Youngjae sadly.

                “So, you were brainwashed into hating werewolves,” Jongup said as he processed everything.

                Youngjae nodded, “Also, whenever someone died or something went wrong it was the Jung Pack’s fault. We all practically slept every day dreaming about ripping out that Alpha’s throat.”

                Himchan cleared his throat and nodded to Daehyun.

                Youngjae looked over at Daehyun feeling guilty, “Sorry… sometimes the old feelings sneak out.”

                Daehyun pulled Youngjae closer to him on the booth to tell him everything was okay.

                “I have a question though,” Jongup raised his hand.

                Himchan’s lips twitched in amusement, “What is it Jonguppie?”

                “How did you find out JB was the one that killed your parents?” Jongup asked Youngjae. “How come it sounds like you aren’t under his control anymore?”

                If it was possible, Youngjae’s face would have gone even paler. The table fell silent as the waitress deposited Daehyun and Youngjae’s food, but the atmosphere was so tense they didn’t feel like eating.

                “Did… did I ask a bad question?” Jongup asked quietly.

                Daehyun looked at Youngjae suspiciously, “Youngjae… the guys from that one night said you were a legend. They made it seem like you were the only special one.”

                “That…” Youngjae’s tongue felt fat and heavy in his mouth. “I… JB and I…”

                Daehyun’s eyes went completely black as Youngjae scrambled for the right words to say, “Why were you special Youngjae?”

                Youngjae looked to Himchan for help, the words not coming from his mouth.

                Himchan sighed, “JB and Youngjae were dating.”

                “Himchan!” Youngjae shouted not expecting Himchan to say it.

                The drink Daehyun was holding shattered, “What?”

                “Youngjae saved up and bought his freedom from JB after begging the five oldest vampires, pretty much our governing powers, to give him a way to become his own master,” Himchan continued explaining.

                “I thought Master Vampires usually let their children go without payment,” Jongup asked.

                “Very smart pup,” Himchan said, absentmindedly petting Jongup’s head, as he kept his eyes trained on the seething Daehyun. “Youngjae was only around 200 at the time he made the request which is generally a decent age to be free, especially considering how strong and smart Youngjae was-- is whatever, but JB didn’t want to let his favorite toy go.”

                Daehyun turned his fierce gaze onto Youngjae, “Is JB the reason why you always whisper to me not to leave in your sleep?”

                Youngjae’s jaw dropped, “I do what?!”

                “Whenever I leave in the mornings or visit you in the middle of the day to check on you while you sleep, you always beg me not to leave you—not to abandon you.”

                Himchan cursed, “I thought you had gotten over it?”

                Youngjae glared at Himchan. “You try being told by your creator and lover that he loves you, but can’t afford to have a weak partner by his side. Go out on the battlefield day or night, at 100% health or barely standing, just to prove your worth and keep the one by your side instead of by one of the newest models. Try to prove not only to him, but to the world that you are the best, the strongest, the one most fit to be by his side, but come home to hear him tell someone he loves them, just like how he had told you only hours earlier. And then,” Youngjae laughed on the verge of hysterics, “and then have that person who you hold on the highest pedestal use you as bait, and blow up the area you were standing in just to kill a few werewolves, and then leave you there to die.”

                Himchan looked away from Youngjae feeling horrible.

                Youngjae looked down at his own food, which was turning cold, “I know he heard me cry out for help. He knew I was alive after the blast, yet he left me there.”

                Daehyun pulled Youngjae into a hug, holding him tightly as his arms shook around him. Immediately Youngjae felt comforted and relaxed. Youngjae loosely hugged Daehyun back as the werewolf petted his hair.

                “I could kill him,” Daehyun fumed.

                Youngjae’s closed eyes opened in shock.

                “I’ve never killed anyone in my life, but knowing what he did to you makes me want to kill him,” Daehyun confessed. “I want to make him pay for what he did to you.”

                Youngjae nuzzled into Daehyun’s throat, “It’s fine. I’m alive and I have you now.”

                Daehyun pulled Youngjae so he was in his lap, “I’ll always love you. Even after I die I will still love you.”

                Youngjae pinched Daehyun’s cheek, “Can you stop bringing that up?”

                “How did you survive?” Jongup finally asked, bringing the couple out of their own world.

                Himchan lightly slapped Jongup’s arm, scolding him for ruining the moment.

                Youngjae pulled back a bit from Daehyun to flatten the werewolf’s unruly hair. “A nearby elf heard the explosion. He saved my life and gave me hope to continue living. He wouldn’t let me leave his home until he was sure I wasn’t going to return to the abusive relationship,” Youngjae tilted his head as he thought. “It happened suddenly. Just one day I woke up and realized that there was no way I could be in a relationship like that. Then about a year later the war ended and I finally was able to get out of JB’s home with Himchan’s help.”

                Daehyun stilled, “When did you leave the elvf?”

                “I’ll never forget the date. It was June 28th. Yongguk, the elf who saved me, said it was because my soulmate was born.” Youngjae laughed. “Isn’t that the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard?”

                “I was born on June 28th a year before the war ended.”

                Youngjae looked at Daehyun in surprise, “Are you serious right now?”

                Daehyun nodded, “Do you want me to show you my driver’s license?”

                “Wow,” Himchan said astonished. “Trying to protect Youngjae ever since you were born.”

                Daehyun smiled and kissed Youngjae’s cheek, “And now that I have you I’m not letting you go.”

                “How romantic.”

                Youngjae’s blood chilled as he looked up at JB and his group.

                “It’s him, isn’t it?” Daehyun growled, instinctively pushing Youngjae off and behind him.

                “Jaebom, what are you doing here?” Himchan asked coldly.

                “Am I not allowed to check if the rumors of my most successful child were true?” JB tsked. “How you have fallen… sleeping with not just any werewolf, but the son of the one who killed your parents?”

                Youngjae glared, “Don’t give me that crap. I know it was you! When I returned to tell you I was leaving I heard you talking to Nickhyun about all of us.”

                “How unfortunate…” JB sighed. “But we can’t have this. You are giving me a bad name.”

                “Giving you a bad name?” Youngjae choked out.

                “Youngjae isn’t yours anymore, so leave already,” Daehyun glared.

                “How cute, the puppy thinks he can challenge me,” JB laughed.

                His small group laughed along with him, slowly gaining their table a lot of attention.

                “JB, this isn’t the time or the place for this kind of conversation,” Himchan said sternly, but quietly. “There are humans here.”

                “Don’t want to attract the attention of the cattle?” JB rolled his eyes. “Fine, we can take this conversation outside.”

                JB reached out to get hold of Youngjae, but Daehyun grabbed his arm with one hand and with his other slammed JB’s elbow from below, forcing the bone to break in the opposite way it was supposed to bend. JB muffled his scream as he quickly withdrew his arm.

                “You Mutt!” JB screamed. “I’ll kill you. I’m going to kill you and make that traitor watch!”

                “Not if I kill you first,” Daehyun threatened, with a voice that showed Daehyun ached to do just what he promised.

                JB’s fangs slowly slid into sight as he snarled at Daehyun, “Outside, now.”

                “No!” Himchan shouted, but Daehyun was already grabbed by JB’s fledglings.

                As Daehyun struggled to escape their grasp without causing an even bigger scene, Youngjae, Himchan and Jongup scrabbled out of the booth and ran after them. They were stopped by the manager, but Himchan threw a few big bills at him and the manager let them pass in shock. By the time they reached the parking lot the fight was already under way.

                “Daehyun!” Youngjae screamed. It was the first time in years he had been actually scared for another’s life and he hated it. The feeling was making him act irrationally. Youngjae jumped into the fight before Himchan could tell him the best course of action.

                Since it was a time of peace, Youngjae only had one knife on him and it was a small one. It didn’t help him much against these rebels who were carrying around chains, long knives, and bloody knuckles. The four of them were heavily outnumbered, more of JB’s children poured out from the darkness, but if they hadn’t been ambushed they might have had a chance. Instead they gritted their teeth and punched, kicked, bit, and ripped through all the bodies that fought against them.

                It was reminiscent of the time of war, the attack coming out of nowhere, but this time Youngjae was fighting his own kind and he finally had something to lose. There was finally something he wanted to protect and knowing that Daehyun was mere feet away fighting for his life was making Youngjae’s sight turn red.

                Youngjae had just snapped the neck of the third vampire he had killed when he heard Daehyun scream out. His eyes widened as he saw Daehyun’s hand, looking more like a claw, piercing through JB’s chest, holding something on the other side of the body. Daehyun yanked his hand back through the body and then crushed, what Youngjae realized was now a heart, with his bloodied half-transformed hand. JB’s lifeless body fell to the ground and Daehyun kicked it away from him before dropping his crushed heart on him.

                ‘He wasn’t kidding when he said he was strong. Not many people could have taken JB on and won.’ Youngjae thought proudly as he began to relax.

                Daehyun saw Youngjae and smiled at him, “I told you I would—“

                Youngjae’s smile transformed into a face of shock, his eyes wide and mouth open, “DAEHYUN!”

                Blood dribbled out of Daehyun’s mouth due to the hand shoved through his abdomen.

                “You shouldn’t have dropped your guard. The fight is never over until all of your enemies are dead,” The enemy vampire said. “This is for my family.”

                Youngjae sprinted as fast as he could towards Daehyun, trying to get there. He threw his knife at the head of the vampire behind Daehyun, but the vampire ducked and pulled his hand out of Daehyun who fell to his knees. And then right before his eyes, the vampire pulled out his gun and fired a silver bullet into Daehyun’s head.

                “DAEHYUN!”


A/N: Blame Jaejaelove who told me not to worry about posting a double update today >.<

I'll write fast!

 

I like happy endings don't forget!