Extra: Birthday Party

I'll be Your Sun if You'll be my Moon

                Himchan wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans, and looked in the rearview mirror one more time to make sure his hair looked perfect. A knock on his car window startled him.

                “Come on, Himchan. Any day now,” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

                “You can’t rush perfection,” Himchan said out of habit as he stepped out of his car.

                “Actually you can. I’ve seen you get ready in five minutes before.”

                “And you thought I looked perfect? Our standards must be different,” Himchan teased. “I’ll take it as a compliment though.”

                Zelo started bouncing up and down on the balls on his feet, “Can we go inside already? I want to hit Jongup with his present and sing at the piñata.”

                Youngjae sighed, “No no no you have it all wrong. We sing to Jongup, give him the presents, and hit the piñata with a bat or something.”

                Yongguk looked off into the distance, “This birthday party event makes no sense to me. We are celebrating the day he entered the world?”

                “Yes,” Youngjae groaned.

                As the four of them walked up to the gate, Himchan blocked out all of Youngjae’s explanations, instead battling his own nerves. They reached the door and Youngjae rang the doorbell.

                “Why are you nervous?” Youngjae whispered. “I’m the one meeting my future-in-laws for the first time today, not you.”

                “I…”

                The door opened to show a plump woman wearing an apron, with flour smudged on her cheek. “Well, if this isn’t the most diverse group we’ve ever had grace our porch. Please, come in. Daehyun told us you would be coming.”

                The guys filed into the house and looked around the spacious living room. The house was obviously old, but still cozy. The wood walls were covered in many family, or pack, pictures and a delicious smell was coming from the kitchen.

                “So,” The older female werewolf clapped her hands together and looked at the vampires, “which one of you is Youngjae?”

                Youngjae stepped forward cautiously. “That would—“

                “Youngjae!” In an instant Himchan could see Youngjae’s fears disappear, replaced instead with a smile as he hugged the werewolf who had jumped from the second story balcony.

                “Daehyun Jung, what have I told you about jumping from the second floor in the house?” Mrs. Jung scolded.

                Daehyun smiled at his mother, but kept an arm around Youngjae’s waist. “You expected me to spend the extra time going down the stairs to get to my mate?”

                “You should have been down here when he arrived.”

                “Ah, I knew I smelled vampires,” An enormously built man walked in from the kitchen. Himchan recognized him instantly as the current Alpha of the Jung clan, Daehyun’s father.

                Himchan let his eyes flick over to Youngjae. He saw the mixed emotions that crossed the younger’s face, but Daehyun was there constantly touching and reassuring him that all was well. Youngjae took a deep breath before stepping forward with his hand outstretched towards the Alpha.

                “Hello Sir, my name is Youngjae Yoo and I love your son more than I care about my own life.”

                “I heard you are the one who saved my son’s life and ended up turning him into a vampire werewolf hybrid.”

                Youngjae gulped and wasn’t sure whether or not to lower his hand, “Yes that was me… I didn’t want to let him go just yet—“

                Youngjae yelped in surprise as he was swept up into a hug by the muscular werewolf, “Thank you. I will never be able to thank you enough.  As my son’s savior and mate, you are always welcome in our house.”

                “I umm… thank you.” Youngjae said lamely as he was put back onto his feet.

                Mrs. Jung chuckled. “Daehyun wasn’t lying when he said you were handsome.”

                “Of course I wasn't,” Daehyun scoffed as he walked to Youngjae’s side again, “he’s perfect.”

                “I wouldn’t say perfect,” Zelo whispered to Yongguk.

                Himchan stifled a laugh as everyone’s attention turned back to them.

                “Oh! I forgot to introduce the rest of my friends,” Daehyun smiled. “The elves are Yongguk and Zelo and the other vampire is Himchan.”

                “So, you’re Himchan!” Mrs. Jung clapped her hands together.

                Mr. Jung frowned, “You certainly are pretty like he said, but I thought you would be… bigger.

                “What?” Himchan looked at them confused.

                Mrs. Jung giggled, “Oh, Jongup dear. Jongup spends a lot of time here at the Alpha house since he is friends with Daehyun and he talks about you constantly.”

                “O—oh?” Himchan cleared his throat, “I mean, wow I didn’t think he would.”

                Mr. Jung slowly nodded, “There’s the deep voice.”

                Daehyun rolled his eyes and grabbed Youngjae’s hand. “Come on, I’ll bring you guys out to the party.”

                Zelo looked around wide eyed, innately curious about everything around them. Himchan wished he could be in his shoes right now, not a care in the world. He sighed.

                “Are birthday parties always held late at night?” Zelo asked. “Or is it because Youngjae and Himchan were invited?”

                “Usually it doesn’t matter, but since this is Jongup’s twentieth birthday we are holding it around the time he was born.”

                “Why?”

                Daehyun smiled and squeezed Youngjae’s hand, “Because once the clock hits 11:27pm, the time Jongup was born, he will finally be able to find his imprinted mate.”

                “Oh!” Zelo’s face brightened. “So then he will immediately be able to find them?”

                “No, don’t you remember?” Yongguk ruffled Zelo’s hair. “He has to see the person to know they are his mate.”

                Zelo nodded his head in understanding as they walked out into the backyard area, “Wow, there are a lot of people here!”

                “Yeah, everyone in this pack and those closest who don’t have a mate are here,” Daehyun answered.

              A pit formed in Himchan’s stomach as he looked out at the crowd, “There have to over two hundred people here…”

                “Yeah…” Daehyun laughed, “It’s been hard finding a comfortable place to sleep around here.”

                “What are you talking about?” Youngjae nudged his side. “You’ve been sleeping at my house the past week.”

                “This is why I came to your house,” Daehyun hugged Youngjae. “Did you want me to die from lack of sleep?”

                Youngjae sighed, “You don’t need a reason to sleepover anymore you know… I gave you the key months ago.”

                Daehyun’s smile widened. “Youngjae—“

                “I have another question!” Zelo spoke up. “Wouldn’t the older wolves already know if Jongup was their mate since they are over the age?”

                “No… it’s a weird thing… it waits until both parties are of the right age. I guess it protects the younger one and gives them time to grow up.” Daehyun answered.

                “Werewolves sure are interesting,” Zelo pondered.

                “I think I need a drink,” Himchan headed for the makeshift bar.

                Once there he took the biggest beer bottle from the wolf behind the counter and chugged it.

                “This isn’t a college frat party, Himchan,” Youngjae said appearing by his side. “You want to talk about what is going on with you?”

                Himchan slowly brought the bottle down from his lips to see half of it already gone, “Nothing’s wrong Youngjae, why would you think something it wrong?”

                “Oh I don’t know, maybe because of how nervous you are or how you just chugged down half of that gigantic bottle, but why don’t we start with how I know you just lied when you said nothing was wrong.”

                Himchan scowled, “We’ve been friends for too long.”

                Youngjae ripped the bottle from Himchan’s hands, “Tell me.”

                Himchan sighed, “Well—“

                “Himchan!”

               Himchan immediately smiled before he even turned to look at his favorite werewolf who was running towards him, “Hey, Birthday Boy!”

                Jongup laughed, “I’m turning 20, I’m not really a boy anymore.”

                Himchan chuckled and ruffled Jongup’s hair, “Shall I call you Birthday Man then?”

                “That just sounds ridiculous,” Jongup smiled.

                “Then Birthday Boy it is! Are you excited to finally be able to find your mate?”

                Youngjae’s eyes widened and his mouth formed and ‘o’ shape, but Himchan shot him a quick glare before turning his smile back to Jongup who was rocking back and forth on his heels.

                “Actually, I’m nervous,” Jongup admitted. “What if I don’t like them?”

                Youngjae laughed, “Don’t like them? Jongup, they are your mate. Have you met anyone who didn’t like their mate?”

                “No…” Jongup pouted, “but what if I already like som—“

                “Jongup, come meet the daughter of the Choi Alpha!” A voice called out.

                “Sorry, looks like I have to go,” Jongup smiled one last time at Himchan before running off.

                Daehyun sighed as he appeared by Youngjae’s side, automatically putting an arm around Youngjae’s waist while he ate cake with the other. “Jongup has it tough. Originally he was going to be my Beta, but the current Alphas are still having their talks over if I’m fit to be Alpha since I’m part vampire and mated to a vampire. If I’m not seen fit then he might have to step up.”

                “Do you really think that will happen?” Youngjae asked worriedly.

                Daehyun shrugged, “It’s possible. It might also depend on who Jongup imprints on.”

                Himchan yanked his beer out of Youngjae’s hands and downed another large gulp.

                “Woah, hey, no!” Youngjae scrambled to grab the bottle back. “This stuff is strong enough to actually get you drunk if you drink all of it.”

                “What’s wrong with Himchan?” Daehyun asked.

                “He is scared about Jongup coming of age,” Youngjae sighed.

                “What? Why would I be worried about that? It’s a happy event, seriously Youngjae, what are you talking about?” Himchan babbled.

                “Wow,” Daehyun took a bite of the chocolate cake, “really nervous. I didn’t know you liked him so much.”

                Himchan scowled, “I’m not admitting anything.”

                “Which says everything,” Youngjae said sadly.

                “Why do you sound so sad?” Daehyun looked at Youngjae.

                Youngjae huffed, “Obviously because there is a chance Jongup’s mate isn’t Himchan.”

                “Oh…” Daehyun chewed his cake slowly. “That might be really confusing for Jongup too because I know right now he likes you.”

                It felt like a sword was stabbing Himchan through the chest, “Thanks for that Daehyun.”

                “What?! I was just say—ow!” Daehyun rubbed his ribs where Youngjae had elbowed him.

                “What time is Jongup’s birthday again?” Youngjae asked.

                “11:27.”

                “And its,” Himchan pulled out his cellphone to check.

                “Alright everyone, gather round!” Daehyun’s father’s voice boomed through the yard. “Only a minute until this young pup’s birthday.”

                Himchan dropped his phone and stared up at the small stage Jongup was walking up to. Over the crowd of people it was impossible for Himchan to see the werewolf that had quietly stolen his heart. His heart was beating like he was running a marathon, but his stomach was flipping and squishing as if he was skydiving.

                ‘No matter who Jongup finds here I’ll be happy for him, because that person will be the best fit for Jongup. They’ll take care of him better than I would ever be able to….’Himchan exhaled.

                “Let’s begin the countdown!” A cheer rose from the crowd. “10!”

                ‘What utter bull. No one can care for Jongup like I can.’ Himchan’s gut twisted again.

                “8!”

                ‘I’m the one who knows him best! Will anyone else know the correct way to comfort him when he doesn’t feel confident enough to be Beta—or I guess Alpha.’

                “6!”

                ‘Who else will know to record his anime shows so he can watch them during his homework breaks?’

                “4!”

                ‘And who else knows Jongup’s weak points when he fights and is strong enough to spar with him or strong enough to fight alongside him to cover his weak points?!’

                “2!”

                “I can’t do this,” Himchan put his hand to his mouth as if holding back vomit. “Just let me know later if he found someone here.”

                “Him—“

                “Happy Birthday!!” The sound of the cheering was deafening.

                Himchan headed for the kitchen door, his escape away from the scene about to unfold. Himchan was burdened with a feeling of loss, knowing from here on out his relationship with Jongup would never be the same. He would have to reign in his touches more than he already did and their playful flirting would have to be eliminated. He felt like crying, but his pride was holding it in.

                “Jongup, look over at me!”

                “Jongup, where are you going?!”

                “Jongup, what do you think of the Kim siblings?!”

                “Jongup!”

                Confused by all the shouted, Himchan decided to turn back one last time, hoping he didn’t come to regret it. His brow furrowed as he saw the crowd beginning to split. Happy shouts turned into cries and reassuring talks.

                The splitting crowd finally made its way all the way to him where Jongup rushed through.

                “Jongup?” Himchan said in surprise.

                Jongup pouted, “Where are you going?”

                “I… I ummm… shouldn’t you be trying to find your mate?” Himchan tried to redirect the conversation.

                “I found them.”

                “He found them!” A cheer ran through the crowd as they wondered who the lucky person could be.

                “Oh…” Himchan wasn’t able to hold back his sad expression anymore.

                Jongup chuckled, “But I need help from the great Himchan about what I’m supposed to do.”

                “Jongup, you really don’t—“ Himchan tried to get himself out of the situation.

                “Himchan, I found my mate, what should I do first? What am I supposed to say?”

                “I don’t know, Jongup! Just go kiss them or something!” Himchan said out of jealousy.

                Himchan turned to go into in the house only to feel himself get twisted back towards the party. Before he knew it he was tugged forward and he was kissing someone—not someone, Jongup! Shock clouded Himchan’s mind and he wasn’t able to react before Jongup pulled back.

                Jongup smiled, “I found you, Himchan. I’m so glad it was you.”

                “Me?! I’m… I’m your…”

                Jongup started to lose confidence, “Do… do you not like me?”

                “Do I--” Himchan still couldn’t believe the words coming out of Jongup’s mouth, but he knew he was the one making his favorite werewolf sad and he had to fix that.

                He reached forward and grabbed Jongup’s shirt, this time bringing him forward and into the kiss. It was perfect. Their lips fit together perfectly, and the way Jongup pulled Himchan closer and held his hands on his hips was making Himchan never want to leave Jongup’s hold again.

                Jongup was the one to pull back, needing air. His smile was the brightest Himchan had ever seen, and knowing it was for him made his heart swell.

                “Are you seriously telling me that I’m your mate?”

                “Yes,” Jongup said.

                “I can hold you like this every day?” Himchan slowly let his hands ride up to Jongup’s strong shoulders.

                “Yes.”

                “I can kiss you every day?”

                Jongup laughed, “Yes, Himchan.”

                “I can—“

                “Himchan,” Jongup interrupted him with his laughter, “as long as we are together every day I don’t care what we do. I love you and I never want to leave your side again.”

                Himchan’s face was hurting from his huge smile. He was sure his embarrassing bunny teeth were showing, but in this moment he didn’t care. He pulled Jongup close and wrapped him in the tightest hug he had ever given anyone.      

                “Thank the stars,” Himchan sighed. “I was so worried you were going to end up with a second rate mate.”

                Jongup chuckled. “What do you mean?”

                Himchan pulled back so he could look at Jongup, “Well, it’s obvious there is no one better for you than me. And now I get to prove it to the world. I love you Jongup, and now I finally get to show you just how much.”

                “But you’ll never love me as much as I love you.”

                Himchan chuckled as he rubbed their noses together, “Looks like I will have to spend the rest of our lives together proving you wrong.”

                Jongup smiled again before tilting his head to claim Himchan’s lips. A collective aww rang out from the crowd, reminding the boys of their audience, but they didn’t care. They loved one another and they wanted the world to know just how perfect they were for each other.


A/N: How could I not write the Himup?!!? :D OTP~!

Three updates in one day though... excuse me while I go collapse on my bed.