One Look And You Had Me

I'll be Your Sun if You'll be my Moon

            “Ah, …”

            Youngjae looked over towards the voice to make sure the person wasn’t suggesting danger and saw only two, by the smell of them, werewolves sitting at the bar table. Seeing nothing of importance, he continued following his friend Himchan to the bar, taking a seat on a stool.

            The duo talked, letting their frustrations out over glasses of straight vodka, not shots, glasses. Once again, Youngjae thought about the perks and downfalls of being one of the undead. In recent years, he tried to think of the positives and the fun that could be had with being a vampire.

            “It’s been twenty years since the treaty,” Himchan mussed as he brought his glass to his lips. “No one thought it would last this long.”

            “It’s only been twenty years,” Youngjae emphasized ‘only’ and scoffed. “For you and I that is barely a blimp in our lifetime.”

            Himchan shrugged, “It’s something. It’s better than the years of war.”

            Youngjae tossed the rest of the liquid in his glass down his throat, “As long as the humans still don’t know about us then it is fine. I know people have said that our two species are starting to talk normally, but I don’t see it.”

            Himchan smiled amusedly, “Maybe the new generation will be more accepting.”

            “Fine, but don’t expect me to be,” Youngjae said, still holding a grudge. It was one thing to accept the war had ended and not go out fighting werewolves every day, but it was another thing entirely to be civil with them. Time, supposedly, heals all wounds, but 20 years was definitely not long enough for someone of Youngjae's age. 

            “You should try talking to one, they aren’t that bad. We gave them a horrible image during the war, but werewolves are not that bad.”

            “Right talk to one, like it is that easy,” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

            Himchan chuckled, “That werewolf we passed when we walked in has been staring over here for a while now.’

            “How long is a while?”

            “Since we walked in.”

            “For a half hour!?”

            At Himchan’s laugh, Youngjae groaned, “Think he wants to start a fight?”

            “Oh no, I definitely think he is staring at you for a different reason,” Himchan smirked as his finger started circling the top of his glass.

            Youngjae furrowed his brows in confusion, “Staring at me? Why?”

            “I, for one, think he likes you,” Himchan said in amusement.

            “What?!”

            “Omo! So cute! His friend just pushed him towards us and he almost fell—oh damn that boy knows how to work his looks though. I’d watch out if I was you,” Himchan narrated.

            “He isn’t seriously coming over, is he?”

            Himchan hopped off of his barstool and grabbed his drink, “Looks like I have an appointment with that hottie over there.”

            “Himchan!” Youngjae hissed, watching his friend abandon him. He didn’t have time to escape before he felt someone’s presence behind him.

            “Why hello there,” A smooth melodic voice said.

            The sound had pleasurable shivers going down Youngjae’s spine and finally making him wonder just how long it had been since he had been in a real relationship. He mentally chided himself and, with his exhale, released those feelings from his mind before he turned towards the werewolf. What met him was not what he was expecting.

            Youngjae knew he didn’t give the werewolf a good look over when he walked in, but how he missed his amazing looks was beyond him. The werewolf was young, in Youngjae’s mind, but probably looked to be the same age as him, with styled disheveled hair the color of caramel that contrasted with his dark brown eyes which seemed to have a certain spark to them under the dim bar light. His thick lips were pulled into a smirk which helped radiate his confidence in who he was. His black and white checkered jacket fit him snugly over the loose white graphic tee that complimented his tight leather pants nicely. Youngjae breathed in before he could stop himself and he was met with a clean, crisp smell as well as the scent of the woods, the normal werewolf smell, but this time there was no undertone of blood or feelings of hatred.

            He only blinked when the werewolf leaned forward, his smirk growing wider, “Are you going to stare all night, or were you thinking of saying hello soon?”

            Youngjae schooled his face into one of indifference instead of the embarrassment he was feeling, “Did you want something?”

            The werewolf smiled, seemingly happy that Youngjae had even responded, “There are many things I want in life, but for now we could start with the number of the best looking guy at the bar.”

            Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Please, could you get any cheesier? Look wolf, how old are you?”

            The other male looked slightly taken aback but his smile remained, “21—“

            “21?” Youngjae interrupted him with a groan. “So young…”

            “Does age really matter? I’m sure experience and how one uses their… advantages is what makes things work,” The his plump lips invitingly.

            Youngjae slightly shook his head to get the images of where he would want those lips out of his head. Just because Youngjae thought the wolf was attractive didn’t mean he wanted a one night stand with him, hell he could barely sit there talking to him without thinking about how many werewolves he had killed in the last year of the war when this werewolf had been alive. “Listen here pup—“

            “Pup?!”

            “Yes, pup,” Youngjae’s expression was cold, “I am over 200 years old. You are going to have to do a lot better than that to pick me up even on a good day. Try talking to someone you actually have a chance with.”

            Youngjae slipped off the barstool, ready to go find Himchan. “Wait!”

            It wasn’t the word that made Youngjae pause, but the tone of voice and the new smell that came from the werewolf behind him.

            Youngjae turned around curiously to see the young werewolf looking nervous, “Why are you afraid? Did you make a horrible bet with your friend if you couldn’t get in my pants?”

            “No…just…” The werewolf groaned as he ran a hand through hair, messing up his styled perfection, “Can I start over? Will you listen to me if I’m completely honest with you?”

            Intrigued by the huge shift in the younger, Youngjae slowly sat back down on the stool. Nervously, the werewolf pulled the stool behind him closer and fiddled with his fingers.

            “Well?”

            The werewolf exhaled deeply before looking into Youngjae’s eyes, “What if I told you, you are my mate?”

            Youngjae scowled, “Goodbye.”

            “I’m serious!” The werewolf said desperately.

            “I’ve never heard of a werewolf imprinting on a vampire—hell even on another shapeshifter before,” Youngjae said in confusion. He saw how serious the other male was being, but the words coming out of his mouth didn’t make sense. Every bone in his body was telling him not to trust the male, yet his mind kept sending doubts, telling him that he should take the chance to find love. It wasn’t like the werewolf was lying to him so, why didn’t he trust the werewolf?

            “Me neither…” The werewolf said uncertainly. “But I know what I feel and when I saw you walk through the entrance doors I knew you were mine.”

            Everything in Youngjae’s body shut down when he heard those last words, words he had heard from someone else years ago.

            “Yours?” He practically growled out.

            “Fuc,.” Daehyun breathed out. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean for it to come out like that. I’ve never felt this feeling so strongly towards someone before and I have a bad habit of speaking before thinking it isn’t something I can really control. I think I’m doing it again, but I just don’t know what to say to make you stay usually people fall in line for me once I act like I did before, but you pushed me away and—“

            “Stop, you’re babbling,” Youngjae held up a hand and instantly Daehyun fell silent. “Unfortunately for you, I don’t feel the same feelings as you. Vampires do not imprint. While we are being honest I’ll just come out and say that I still harbor bad feelings for werewolves because of the war. So, this really for you, doesn’t it?”

            The werewolf’s jaw dropped as Youngjae hopped off of the stool once more. Youngjae sighed as he turned away, “I can’t afford the drama of hanging around a lovesick puppy.”

            “At least tell me your name… please!” Youngjae hesitated at the younger males begging. The desperation in his voice almost made Youngjae feel bad for him, almost, just enough for him to look at him one more time.

            “Youngjae Yoo,” Youngjae said coldly.

            The relief-filled smile that graced the werewolf’s face stunned Youngjae, making him stand frozen, staring at the werewolf. The genuine smile was given to him so easily and now Youngjae craved to see more.

            “Youngjae…” Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts as he heard the werewolf say his name in that delicious voice of his, “I like it. I’m Daehyun.”

            Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Bye.”

            Youngjae quickly walked away from the werewolf afraid he might stay longer if he allowed himself to get caught up in the way the younger said his name, as if it was the most precious gift he had ever received. In a flash he was across the room and searching for Himchan. He spotted the older vampire in a booth without a light above it.

            Youngjae made his way over to Himchan as fast as he could and tapped his shoulder, “Himchan, time to go.”

            Himchan glared up at him from the neck he was drinking out of. Seeing Youngjae’s face, Himchan’s eye immediately softened and he extracted himself from the human with a huff, “That bad, huh?”

            “Well…” Youngjae looked away as Himchan healed the human’s neck with his saliva, instead letting his eyes fall upon Daehyun who was sulking at the bar.

             He felt the need to comfort the boy who had practically confessed his love to him, if only because he knew Daehyun wasn’t lying about imprinting on him and Youngjae knew how hard it was being rejected by someone you loved. It felt like daggers were stabbing his heart as he watched the werewolf order another drink, but still he didn’t return to his side. What good would it be if he went over there; it wasn’t like he loved him nor especially liked his kind.

            ‘But I could try… the war has been over for twenty years… if it was to feel loved again could I try loving a werewolf?’ Youngjae shook his head to clear the thoughts away.

            “Well what?” Himchan asked finally standing beside him.

            Youngjae groaned and started walking towards the door, “You can’t even imagine.”

            Himchan laughed as he threw an arm around Youngjae’s shoulders, “Oh come now Youngjae, it couldn’t have been that bad. Tell me all about it.”

            Youngjae snuck another glance towards the bar and saw Daehyun staring at him. Youngjae immediately looked away, embarrassed he had been caught, and then used his supernatural speed to get himself outside.

            “Youngjae, what the hell?!” Himchan asked as he followed.

            “I needed to get out of there,” Youngjae inhaled deeply and regretted it instantly, now knowing which motorcycle belonged to his supposed mate.

            “Are you going to tell me what happened in there?” Himchan asked annoyed.

            “Yeah, don’t worry,” Youngjae sighed, but Himchan smiled, happy he would still be getting gossip, “But first I need to know all you know about werewolves and how they find their mate.”


A/N: Hi everyone! Wow so many of you subscribed and commented heck even upvoted so fast 0.0' really wasn't expecting that

Thank you though!! It was quite the inspiration to get this started today ^_^

I try to update often so hopefully you won't have to wait too long~!

I hope you can enjoy <3

 

please leave me comments, like critics, good/bad things, everything. I consider it all as I try to make better stories for you all ^_^