Flashbacks

Knight in Shining Armour

Lay's POV


  "Come on Lay, pass the ball!" shouted my tall temper-like-dragon hyung, Kris. I was struggling to get past Kai, the dancing playboy of our group. Turns out he had more skills up his sleeve than hip-hop and ballet. I looked around Kai for Kris, but unfourtunately he wasn't open. He was being covered by Chanyeol, the tallest hyung of EXO-K. He was probably the only guy who could match up to his height in this group, and his huge ears were probably blocking Kris's vision of me around his head. 
  I looked for Xiumin, the biggest eater and lets not forget, the best god damn coffee maker in the world; but he was also blocked by Suho, our entire groups mommy. He takes care of us, makes sure everyone is okay, all that stuff that mothers do. It's sorta comforting in a way, though, considering that my mom is barely home due to her work. My eyes searched for the kung-fu panda of our group, stupid Zitao, who was now bickering with Baekhyun who had just seemed to step on his new shoes. Heh, touch his precious gucci products and he'll knock your head off with his wushu stick. 
  At least Luhan's gotta be open, right? He may not be that tough-looking, but at least he's got some skill in shooting a ball. I looked to the right and almost gave up at the sight- our deer boy was taking a selca with the youngest of our group, Sehun. I swear, those two should just get married. I instantly thought of the last possible person on our team, Chen! I looked above Kai and found him, still sorta covered but he was taller than his opponent, so I figured it would work out. 
  I spun around Kai and made a chest-pass to Chen, our group's obnoxious voice, who made a three-pointer over Kyungsoo, the other short korean singer. 

 

  "Yea!" I shouted, high fiving Chen and pulling him into a brotherly hug. I turned to our brother group, who were all doubting their loss and held out my hand. "You guys owe us 100$ now! Each!" Groans and dissagreements were heard from them all. "We had a deal~" I continue. The eventually gave up, and handed me the 600$ they just lost from the basketball match, and I evenly distrubuted the money between our sub-group. It's not like they couldn't pay us the money we bet on; we're all rich in this group.
  I turned back around after doing so and found myself tackled onto the ground by the korean es I call my friends. "Hey, get off of me!" I growl, but for some reason, I didn't really mean it. I still I find a simple joy in the playfullness of my friends and I. My group and I play-wrestled with them on the ball court, pushing and flipping each other over carefully. This was something special to all of us. This was a friendship we thought could never be torn apart. 


--

  "Do it, Lay."
  "No way."
  "Why not?"
  "Cause that's cruel as ."
  "Come on, Yixing. We do this all the time."
  "You guys do, I don't." And with that, I turned around and walked to our normal lunch table. As I sat down and ignored the rest of the guys crowding the table, I thought over the proposition they gave me earlier. It was a bet, to date the school's nerd, kiss her, and break it off after making her fall for me. It was already obvious that she had a crush on me, and it's not like I don't like her; she's just not my type. The guys offered me a good 1,000$ from all of them together, not each. I groaned and shook my head, ridding my mind of the cruel deal and began to eat my gogi and rice in peace, which was a complete failiure as Kris's loud and somewhat annoying voice filled my right ear. 
  "Come on man, it's just a bet. Why won't you do it?" He urged. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked to him, along with the rest of our group. 
  "Cause it's just not right, guys. Seriously." I got up and threw my trash away, losing my appitite as I made my way to the rooftop to clear my boggled mind. 

-

  "You know you want to do it, Lay."

  "No, I don't." I picked up my library books and check them out, leaving behind bookworm Baekhyun in a huff.

-


  "Come on, Lay, it's 1,000$ for the bet!"
  "I'm not doing it, so shut up about it." I tossed the basketball back to Kris, turning around and leaving the gymnasium annoyed.


-


  "Please Lay, take the bet for me?"
  "No." I flicked some flour at Kyungsoo's puppy dog face as I continued whisking together the batter we were making for cooking class, taking my annoyance out on the poor future cake with fast whisks.

-

  "If you take the bet, I'll tell everyone you're as good a dancer as I am~"
  "Everyone knows I'm better than you, so no." I retorted as I chugged down the rest of my water bottle, causing Kai to throw his sweat-covered shirt onto my head.
  "Yah, you , that's disgusting!"

-

  "I'll make you our appa if you take the bet!"
  "Ew, hell no." I brushed Suho's head off my shoulder, disgusted with our umma's offer.

-

  "You don't have to pay for the coffee if you take the bet, Yixing-ah~"

  "I don't care, I can pay for a million coffees," I scoffed at Xiumin who was behind the counter, finishing up my coffee and handing it to me before starting to brew up the next customer's coffee. I swiped my card through the reader and began to leave the coffee shop before Xiumin called out to me, causing me to stop in my tracks.

  "Fine. Just so you know, I added a little something to your coffee." I looked down at my warm drink in disgust before throwing it into the trash can without a sip and leaving the coffee shop, already aware that the barista baozi was laughing his off. 

-

  "Take the bet?"

  "What the legitamite , Jongdae, we're on the toilet."

  "Well fine, answer me later, but can I ask you something?"

  "What."

  "Can I have some toilet paper?"

-

  "Yah, Lay-ge, I'll wushu your back to China if you don't take the bet!" Tao spat at me, continuing his push-ups during our gym class.

  "I'll tell Kris-ge you're the one who broke his favorite pair of headphones." I replied evilly, smirking at him well countinuing my count on his push ups. 

  "...."

  "Yup."

-

  "So why won't you, take the, bet, Yixing?" Chanyeol ran faster to catch up to me on the track, we were running laps during class. How can this guy be so damn tall but so damn slow?

  "Cause I don't, want to." I ran faster and eventually ran ahead of Chanyeol, leaving him behind to eat my dust. 

  "Yah you, , wait up for, me!"

-

  "Why don'th you takth the bet?" Lispy Sehun asked me during Biology class.

  "Cauth I don'th wanth to." I mimicked him, cleaning up our lab station. 

-  

  "Take the bet, please Lay-ge?" Luhan looked up at me with his girly puppy eyes, continuing to size me during our fashion design class. This kid is older than me, but he still calls me ge, since he considers himself the youngest of our group due to his immaturity. I was about to spit in his face and yell no at him, but once I caught sight of his puppy dog eyes (which were way more believable than Kyungsoo's), I sighed.

  "Fine."

  "YAY! WO AI NI, LAY-GE!" The smaller wrapped his arms around me, accidentally pushing a needle into my side.

  "AH, !"

 

 

 

-------------------------------------
A/N: Hello guys c: I'm sorry for not updating alot, I;ve been on a bunch of trips and I've just been way busy to write lately. I was thinking of giving this story up, but I HATE leaving stories unfinished, so I found a solution:

IM HANDING THIS STORY OFF TO MY GOOD FRIEND, xLuhaaanx !
She agreed to finish this off for me, so go and find her on AFF to continue reading this story! 
Saranghae~