Falling

Knight in Shining Armour

Lay's POV


  "Look, the school freaks are together." My fists clenched tightly, keep calm Yixing.
  "He's just making her follow him around, is she his slave or something?" My breathing got heavier with anger, they're just stupid, Yixing.
  "Ugh, at least Lay won't be such a depressed anymore." I bit my tongue to keep from cursing that right then and there, don't listen to them, Zhang Yixing.
  "Dammit, that ugly got a boyfried before me? At least she's dating the outcast, ." That's it. I walked up to that girl and knocked her books down. She gasped and looked up at me with fear in her eyes.


  "You shut your ing mouth, because if you don't, I don't care if you're a girl or not, I'll shut it for you." I turned around too meet Leerin, her eyes wide and a bit open in a gasp. I knew she could hear all the bull from the students earlier, and I tried my best to ignore it all, but that comment about her just broke me; I don't know why. I grabber her wrist gently and dragged her along with me. I went to the roof of the school, not caring that we could be late to class, and closed the door behind us. I put our bags down and sat on the edge of the roof, letting my feet dangle off the 3 story building. I leaned back on my hands and closed my eyes, trying hard to let the anger go, when I felt a presence carefully sit next to me. 


  "You didn't have to do that, Lay..." She muttered. I could tell that she felt guilty, proabably thinking that the girl would tell on me and I would get in trouble. I sighed and patted her head, scooting over closer to her. 
  "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. She was so mean towards you." I looked down at her, finding her looking at the ground below, obliviously in deep thought. "Is something wrong?"


  "Do you think it would hurt?" I my head to the side, confused by her sudden question. 
  "Huh?"
  "Falling, from here, from anywhere, do you think it would hurt?" I was in quite awe at her question, wondering why such a smart looking girl would ask an obvious qeustion like that. She looked up into my eyes, staring deep into me. "Do you?"

 

Leerin's POV


  "You didn't have to do that, Lay..." I said quietly. I dangeled my feet off the edge of the building and thought about what happened earlier, worries and doubts running through my head. What if she tells on him and he gets a detention? This is all my fault, I shouldn't have been close with him! Pabo!

  "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. She was so mean towards you." I shrugged and stared down at the ground, this building was pretty tall for only 3 stories. "Is something wrong?" I sighed and kept staring at the ground, trying to sort my feelings at the moment.


  "Do you think it would hurt?" I asked, obliviously confusing him.

  "Huh?"

  "Falling, from here, from anywhere, do you think it would hurt?" He seemed really thrown off by my sudden question, like I was asking nonsense, but don't worry; there's a reason to it all. I looked into his eyes, staring deep into him. "Do you?"

  "Well, whenever you fall, of course it's going to hurt, no matter what it's for. Why?" I smiled painfully and stared back at the ground again, whispering to myself.

  "Because I've fallen for you."

 

Lay's POV


  "Well, whenever you fall, of course it's going to hurt, no matter what it's for. Why?" She smiled a painful looking smile and looked back down at the ground, then I heard her mumble something. "What was that?" She looked up to me again and smiled, "Nothing." I smiled at her and stood up, stretching my body and cupping my hands around my mouth. "I HATE EVERYONE AT THIS SCHOOL EXCEPT FOR CHOI LEERIN!" I screamed out to the world. 
  She giggled and stood with me, cupping her hands around the same way I did and screaming, "I HATE EVERYONE AT THIS SCHOOL BUT ZHANG YIXING!" she screamed as well. I laughed and picked up our bags, took her hand in mine and intertwining our fingers together. I looked down at her and found her blushing, staring at our fingers then up at me. "Let's go."