Heartbeat

Knight in Shining Armour

A/N: Mianhae for not uppdating xc I'll try to update ALOT tonight, so stay tuned c:

 

Leerin's POV
  I blushed and frowned, hearing the rumors of the students around me. It's only my first day here, how come everyone is talking about me now? I tried my best and shrugged it off, feeling my new teacher pat my back in approval.
  "You can sit next to Zhang Yixing in the back." I looked to where she was pointing, finding a guy who looked just about my age, but older. He had dark brown hair, shaped into a messy but cute bowl. His eyes were dark brown and wide, staring straight at me His nose was small, matching perfectly with his lips, complimenting his overall look. He was... Cute. "But everyone calls him lay, so you call him Lay, okay?" I nodded shyly and slowly walked to my seat, looking down to hide my blushing face. I was so nervous to look at him, much less everyone, and as I sat down in my seat right next to him, I started hearing mean whispers among the other students.


  "She's going to be an outcast if she sits with him..." What does that mean? Is he bullied, too?


  "Awe, now she's sitting next to Lay. His attitude will rub off on her, I don't like her anymore." Why are they so negative about this? Is Lay a bad guy, oh no, am I sitting next to a bad person?!

  "Looks like we have more victims." I looked over to a group of girls who looked like the queenkas of the school, finding them giggling and snickering amoungst themselves. Am I really that bad? Do I not fit here? I look down in shame, feeling as terrible as I could. I fill my head with toughts, wondering if moving schools was a good thing or not.


  "Just ignore them, they're all idiots." I turned my head and looked up, finding my deskmate Zhang Yixing, or should I say Lay, smiling down at me. I smiled at him, feeling better that I at least had a friend in this dammed place, and turned my head to the black board, submerging myself in thoughts of the lesson and Lay, of course.

 

 

Lay's POV
  I continued eating as I looked out the window, my eyes looking all over the school yard.  Soon I found her, Choi Leerin, eaiting her lunch all alone, peacefully. The way she ate, taking small bites of her sandwhich, was so cute! I could feel my heart speed up, although I don't know why. I've never felt this way before; why with Choi Leerin?


  I kept on watching her, until the school's queenkas came up to her. I could tell that something bad was going to happen, and I clenched my fists hard, alomst breaking my chopsticks. Stay away, I unconciously thought. I watched as the queenkas pushed her around, throwing her lunch on the ground. Then they dumped everything out of her bag, laughing at her and leaving her there, in the middle of a pile of her school books and papers. Feeling a strange need to do this, I cleaned up my lunch and slung my bag over my shoulder, running all the way to the school yard, almost crashing into a teacher on the way. 


  When I got there, I found Leerin still on the ground, looking at nothing, a tear slowly falling down her pale cheek. I could feel my heart clench at the sight; I swear, once I get my hands on the school's top queenka, I don't care if she's a girl! I let go of my anger and got down on my knees next to Leerin, picking up the papers and books and putting it into her bag. 

 

  "Come now, Choi Leerin." I hold out my hand to her and she takes it, stumbling as she stands. Out of the blue random, I hug her; pulling her tightly, close to my chest. I could smell her scent; cinnamon and apples, my favorite. "Don't let them break you. I'll be here for you, I promise." She looked up at me, smiling. I was losing my breath at the sight of her cute smile, so I let her go, turning away to hide my blush. "L-let's go to class..." I stuttered, throwing her bag over my shoulder. 


  "You don't have to, L-Lay..." She trailed off her words. I smile down to her, showing her my unknown dimple. She sees and blushes, turning away instantly. 
  "I want to, Leerin." I start walking back to class, hearing the tiny footsteps of Choi Leerin, following me everywhere I go.