A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

Cheer Up, Dude

The night before the dance, Jekyung and Kiseop went over how he was going to attempt to kiss Jungah. 

"How should we go about this?" Kiseop asked as he and Jekyung sat in the donut shop. "You mean, how should YOU go about this" Jekyung spat. Jekyung hated the idea of Kiseop kissing Jungah, even though she didn't want to admit it. 

"Should I ask her for a kiss? Or should I just do it"

"That depends. Is she more of the open type? Or is she an introvert?"

"I think she'd like it more if I just did it"

"Of course she would"

"What's your issue?"

"I don't know why, but I don't like her.."

"Well too bad. You're my best friend.. And she's my girlfriend. You're gunna have to get along somehow.."

"I'm your best friend?" Jekyung smiled

"Yeah.. I thought you knew that" Kiseop tilted his head. Jekyung smiled and looked down. "I'm his best friend" she thought

----

Thirty minutes before the dance, Jekyung was checking her hair and make-up in her casual purple summer dress when there was a knock on the door. "It's Soohyun. I hope he wore purple" Jekyung gushed and ran to the door. When she opened the door to see Soohyun in a dark purple dress shirt, a black tie, and jeans, matching Jekyung's dress. 

"Jekyung! You look amazing" he smiled. "You do too! I think this is my first time seeing you in something other than our uniforms" Jekyung beamed. Soohyun smiled and held his hand out for her to hold. "Mom, I'm out!" Jekyung yelled and grabbed her small purse. 

"Wait!" she could hear her mom from the kitchen. Jekyung's mother ran into the foyer and saw Soohyun holding hands with Jekyung. "You both look gorgeous. Shin Soohyun, you're so handsome! Daebak!" her mom gushed over Soohyun, who stood there and blushed. 

"Mom, we're going now" Jekyung shooed her mother back into the kitchen. 

"Why aren't you wearing your heels?" her mom asked. "I don't think it's THAT formal" she said. "Okay, well if you do need them, call me and I'll bring them for you" he mother smiled one last time and walked back into the kitchen. 

"Your mom is super nice" Soohyun giggled as they walked down the steps to the taxi. 

"But annoying at the same time" Jekyung rolled her eyes. They both laughed and got into the cab and requested a ride to their school. 

----

Kiseop took a deep breath and rang the door bell outside of Jungah's house and waited. He and Jungah decided to match in the color red. Kiseop had wore a black dress shirt, a red vest and black jeans.

Finally, Jungah came to the door wearing a short red dress, black heels and black jewelry with sparkly red eye shadow and lipstick. 

Kiseop smiled when he saw her. "Jungah, you look amazing" he smiled. Jungah blushed and hooked onto his arm. "I'm sorry if I look a little too formal" she apologized in advance. Kiseop shook his head. "I'm pretty sure it'll be fine" he said.

When they got to the dance, kids were already dancing in the cafeteria to loud music and bright lights, and a DJ.

While Kiseop and Jungah came in from the front, Jekyung and Soohyun came in from the back. They did a little walking around. When Kiseop spotted Soohyun, he smiled and prepared to meet his hyung.

Then he saw the girl next to him

Jekyung.. Wearing a dress..

"Wow.. Jekyung is wearing a dress" Kiseop thought. 

And look at her make-up, and her flats..

I love what she did with her hair..

Kiseop was too busy staring at Jekyung when she realized that she had spotted him looking and watched him. Kiseop finally snapped out of it and looked away. The color of his cheeks matched his vest. 

"Kiseop-ah!" Soohyun shouted over the loud music and came to give him a high five. "Hyung! You look awesome!" Kiseop smiled and accepted his high five

As Kiseop and Soohyun rejoiced, Jungah had approached Jekyung with a smile. "Jekyung, you look gorgeous" she smiled

"Thanks.. So do you" Jekyung smiled awkwardly. Jekyung knew Jungah didn't like her, so when she acted nice towards her, it didn't seem right. 

"Hey, I heard you lost your retainer.. That's " Jungah played dumb

"Oh, no I got it back"

Jungah's eyes widened. "Y-You did. How?" she asked. Jungah didn't know Kiseop went dumpster diving for it. "My best friend went looking for it and found it in the garbage can" Jekyung smiled with her eyes locked on Kiseop, who was still talking to Soohyun. Jungah caught this and looked over her shoudler at their dates.

"Silly me. That's maybe the fifth time I've done that.. You know, made that mistake and threw my retainer out by accident... Oh well. Let's hope it doesn't happen again" Jekyung winked and walked towards Kiseop and Soohyun, but Jungah grabbed Jekyung's wrist.

"Han Jekyung" she said blankly. 

"Yes?" Jekyung said innocently. 

At first, Jungah didn't know what to say, all she did was stand, thinking...

"...Nothing..." Jungah finally blurted and let go of Jekyung's wrist. 

"You've got a tight grip, Jungah.. I respect that" Jekyung smiled and continued to walk away. 

"Jekyung, good at playing with people's heads.." Jungah thought and smirked. 

As the night went on, Jekyung ran into AJ, Eli, Hoon, and Kevin. But after they met with each other and had something to drink, Jekyung sat down at one of the tables and rested her head. 

"Unnie!" she heard a female voice. She sprung her head up and saw Luna, her cast mate. "Hey!" she smiled. "I saw your dress, it's beautiful!"

"It's just a summer dress" Jekyung shrugged. Luna smiled and sat down next to her. "So, you got a date?" Luna asked. 

"Actually I do.. Over there, blondish dyed hair, dark purple shirt and black tie" Jekyung said and pointed to Soohyun. Luna looked in the direction of Jekyung's finger. "Oooh, he's a hottie" Luna beamed. 

"Hehe, hottie.. I hate that word now" Jekyung thought. "For a second, I thought you came with that guy" Luna said and pointed to Kiseop, who was dancing with Jungah. 

"Why would you think I'd go with him?" she asked

"Well, you guys are always hanging out around school. Is he your friend?" Luna asked. Jekyung smiled and looked over to him. "My best friend" she corrected Luna. 

Luna smiled and changed the subject..

----

"So.. How are you liking the party?" Kiseop asked Jungah as they walked around outside in the cold. "It's been nice, actually, I'm really enjoying myself.." Jungah smiled. Kiseop soon sat down at a table and relaxed. "Well, I hope this was one the best dances you've been to" Kiseop giggled and slowly tried to put his arm around her. Jungah shivered and blushed to his touch. Finally, Kiseop loosened up and rested his arm on her shoulders. "Sorry, I'm just nervous.." he apologized. "It's okay.. So am I" she smiled. 

Kiseop sighed and looked up at the cloudy sky, listening to the thunder in the distance. Jungah watched as Kiseop got lost in the night sky. "So pure" she thought. Soon, Kiseop looked down at her and saw that her face was close to his with her lips slightly puckered, waiting for a kiss, her eyes closed..

Kiseop could feel himself break a sweat. "Oh god.. My first kiss. What do I do?" he thought... He tried his hardest to make it closer to her, but he just couldn't do it..

"I'm sorry.." Kiseop whispered. Jungah opened her eyes and looked at him confused. "Why?" she asked

"I'm just not ready.." he confessed as he looked into the windows of the cafeteria to see Jekyung smiling and talking to AJ and Luna. 

"I..I just.. I'm sorry.." he sighed. 

"... It's because of her again, isn't it?" Jungah said in a low tone. "Who?" Kiseop asked. 

Then, Jungah rolled her eyes, stood up, and walked away. Kiseop watched as Jungah walked to the parking lot to leave. Kiseop stood up and thought. 

"Why didn't I do it?"

"What was holding me back?"

"Why, why, why??" he thought. 

Soon, he could hear a slow song come on and the rain finally start to fall. 

----

"It's a slow song. Wanna dance?" Soohyun smiled. Jekyung jumped up and took his hand. "I'd love to"

As Soohyun led Jekyung out to the dance floor, she looked around for Kiseop, but he was nowhere to be seen. 

"Jekyung-ah? Are you looking for something?" Soohyun asked. Jekyung snapped out of it..

"No, I just noticed that it's started to rain" Jekyung lied and buried her face in Soohyun's chest. "Kiseop.. Where'd you go?" she thought as she rested her eyes. 

The sound of thunder filled the entire cafeteria and Jekyung shivered as she slow danced with Soohyun. "It's raining pretty hard.." Soohyun said quietly, his soothing and gentle voice putting Jekyung to sleep. Then she looked out of one the windows and saw a figure standing out in the rain. 

"Kiseop.." she said and pulled away from Soohyun. "Jekyung.. What's wrong?" he asked. "There's someone outside in the rain, I'm gunna go out to speak to them" Jekyung pointed to Kiseop outside. "Be careful and don't be out there long" he pleaded. 

Jekyung nodded and ran outside in the rain

----

"Kiseop-ah!" Jekyung yelled to him over the loud and heavy rain. Kiseop looked up and recognized the girl as Jekyung. 

"Kyung!" he shouted back. Jekyung finally made it to Kiseop. "Why are you out here? Let me take you back inside so you don't get sick" Jekyung said and pulled him closer to the entrance of the cafeteria, but Kiseop didn't move

"I couldn't do it, Kyung" Kiseop frowned. Jekyung stopped and looked at him. "You couldn't do what, Kiseop?"

"I couldn't kiss her.. I couldn't bring myself to do it"

"Where is she now?"

"She left.."

Jekyung looked down and moved her hair out of her face. "It's okay.. You can try another time.."

"I couldn't.. Because you weren't there" Kiseop confessed.

Jekyung sighed and looked up at the rain. Kiseop grabbed Jekyung by the arm and pulled her closer into a warm embrace. They both shivered in each other's arms. "Someday, you'll have to do these things on your own, sweetheart" Jekyung whispered into Kiseop's ear, making him melt. 

"I'm sorry.. All the effort you put into me, and I failed again"

"I wouldn't have invested time in you if I thought you were going to fail. Don't give up hope.. I will not leave you" Jekyung said over the rain and thunder

"Thank you, Kyung" Kiseop sighed. Jekyung could feel his warm breath on her neck. 

The rain started to let up and both Jekyung and Kiseop could hear the slow music from inside the cafeteria. Kiseop closed his eyes and started to sway back and forth mindlessly, with Jekyung still in his arms. Jekyung let go of all her negative feelings and slow danced with Kiseop, feeling the cold water drops hit her bare shoulders. Through the slow and gentle dance, Jekyung could feel a special connection happening with Kiseop, and so could he. They both relaxed and felt the fatigue from dancing to fast and upbeat music all night. Finally, it was time to slow down and they both could feel their knees grow weak and they almost fell asleep where they stood. 

As fast as it started, the only slow song for the night had ended. Jekyung and Kiseop both woke up and rubbed their eyes. 

"Let's go inside....." Jekyung pulled away and looked up at him. Kiseop nodded and followed Jekyung back into the cafeteria, where they were greeted by their friends with towels.