The is Back

Cheer Up, Dude

Jekyung looked down at her phone, which was ringing while she continued her homework. The phone call was coming from an unknown number. "I wonder who it could be.." she thought and picked it up to answer it.

"Yobseyo?" she said into the phone

"Jekyung?" a familiar male voice said. 

"Who is this?" Jekyung played dumb, knowing very well who was calling her. It's Hyunseung..

Jekyung's ex boyfriend

The boyfriend that had cheated on her. The boyfriend that she didn't want to forgive but also couldn't seem to let go.

But after she moved, she was finally able to forget about him. But now, as he's calling her again, Jekyung doesn't have a good feeling. "It's Hyunseung.." Hyunseung said into the phone

"Oh.. Hi" Jekyung said awkwardly.. "How have you been?"

"Not really good.." Hyunseung sighed.

"Really?"

"For some reason.. I keep thinking about you"

"Good for you" Jekyung said coldly.

"Jekyung.."

"Why did you call me?"

"I just.. Needed to hear your voice.."

"That's great.."

"Don't you miss me?" Hyunseung asked innocently. "Not especially" Jekyung hissed. There was a short silence, but then Hyunseung spoke again. "I'm just gunna come out and say it"

"Okay?"

"Jekyung.. I want you back. After your father's death, and what I did..."

Then another silence.

"... I just feel like we can finally start over again"

"No, we can't. I've moved on. Now it's your turn" Jekyung declared and hung up the phone..

Soon after she hung up, she got a text from him. "I don't wanna let you go.. Please.. Stay" the text read.. 

The last part of the text reminded her of Kiseop when he pleaded for her to stay not even a week ago. Jekyung rolled her eyes and slammed her head down on the desk in her room. Jekyung picked up her phone and typed a message to Hyunseung.

"Stop trying, or I'll change my number. Goodnight Hyunseung" she typed the message and sent it..

After that text, Hyunseung didn't text back and Jekyung went back to her studying. 

----

The next day, Jekyung walked into class and sat next to Soohyun. "Hey, how's your morning been?"

"It's been okay. it's last night that I'm worried about.."

"What happened last night?"

"I got a call from my ex boyfriend"

"Really what did he say?"

"He said basically that he wanted me back but I don't want him back because I've moved on. He cheated on me"

"What an a-hole!" Soohyun raised his voice, which made Jekyung want to shush him. 

"But it's okay cause he's all the way in Gwangju" Jekyung took a deep beath. "Have you already developed a crush for someone else?" Soohyun asked

"Nope, but maybe I will in the future. You never know" she smiled and opened her text book. 

----

During lunch, Jekyung walked into the cafeteria and saw AJ and Eli sitting with another kid that she hadn't seen before, so she decided to sit with them. "Hey!" Jekyung beamed. 

"Hey, Jekyung.. Umm, this is Hoon, he's new, just like you" Eli smiled and presented the new boy. "Hi, Hoon! How do you like the school?" Jekyung asked.. "Actually it's nice.. I'm from Busan, but this place is nicer in my opinion" Hoon explained

"Eli, where's Kevin?" Jekyung asked. "That's kinda what I'm worried about.. He said he was going to the bathroom but that was almost twenty minutes ago" Eli sighed and bit his nails. "Well, you stay here and I'll go look for him" Jekyung smiled and squeezed his shoudler to confort him. Eli just nodded and continued to worry about his brother. 

----

Kiseop decided to eat lunch alone and was sitting alone outside when he saw Jekyung walk past in great haste. "Kyung!" he shouted out to her. She stopped to her nickname and looked in his direction. When she saw that it was Kiseop, Jekyung gestured him to come with her. He hesitated for a second, but finally gave in.

"Where are we going?" he asked, trying to keep up with her. "I'm looking for Kevin. He said he was going to the bathroom, but that was twenty minutes ago and Eli is worried" Jekyung explained the situation. Kiseop only nodded and ran with her. 

As they ran through the hall, Jungah was just leaving one of her classrooms and saw them together. "Where do you plan on looking first?" she heard Kiseop ask Jekyung. Jungah didn't bother to hear Jekyung's answer, she only walked towards her locker, feeling jealousy grow from deep inside her. 

"Go inside and check for me" Jekyung pushed Kiseop closer to the boys' bathroom. Kiseop jolted in and yelled Kevin's name. Soon, Jekyung's heart broke when she saw Kiseop drag Kevin's unconscious body out of the bathroom. "Oh god.." she mumbled. 

"Why would someone want to do this to such an innocent kid" Kiseop frowned. "That's just it, he's innocent and he can't fight back" Jekyung held back tears at the sight of Kevin's bruised and bloody face

----

"Where is he???" Eli yelled as he ran for the nurse's office. Kiseop and Jekyung both pointed to the door and Eli ran in, with AJ close behind him. Kiseop took a deep breath and sat at a near by bench. "Poor Kevin.. I know how it feels.. The bullies here are the main attraction it seems" he said

"I wouldn't call bullies the main attraction" Jekyung giggled and sat next to him. "How are you and Jungah? You guys dating yet?"

"No? Why would you think we're dating?"

"It's gunna happen sooner or later.."

"Well, nope. We're not.. Just dates.." Kiseop sighed and stared off into space as he thought about Jungah. Jekyung nodded and looked the other way. 

"You know, you never told me who your date is.." Kiseop continued

"Just Soohyun" Jekyung sighed

"JUST Soohyun?" Kiseop repeated her. "Yeah, just him. Is this a problem?"

"I don't knooooow! Soohyun hyung is a pretty good-looking guy.. I wouldn't be surprised if he swept you off your feet" Kiseop said jokingly. 

"I don't see a problem with that.. He is really cute" Jekyung smiled. Kiseop looked over at her dumbfounded. "I... I was JOKING!" he shouted. "Well, you're joking.. But I'm not.. Soohyun is a hottie" she smiled. Kiseop's jaw dropped and he felt like getting up..

"Oh am I?" Soohyun smiled and walked up to them. "Soohyun! I've seen you out at lunch.." Jekyung realized what he heard and stood up..

"I...I.." she stuttered. Soohyun laughed and pinched Jekyung's cheeks. "See you next period, hottie" he giggled and started to walk away. Jekyung turned around to Kiseop and saw that his face was bright red. "What?" she asked

"I.. Well.. I.." Kiseop couldn't find the words. Jekyung looked down at him and laughed. "Your face is really red" she said. Kiseop felt his hot face and tried to run away, but Jekyung was quicker and grabbed the back of his collar. "Whatcha thinking, hmm?" Jekyung whispered in his ear and giggled, sending shivers down his spine. 

When she let go, Kiseop took one final look at Jekyung, whimpered, and walked away. "It's so fun messing with him" she thought and walked into the nurse's office to check on Kevin. 

----

"Psst, Jekyung" Jekyung heard someone call her name. She stopped and spun around. Then her eyes landed on Jungah. "Oh hi!" she beamed and waved. Jungah walked towards Jekyung and sighed. "What's up?" Jekyung asked

"I need to talk to you.. About Kiseop" 

"Why? Is something wrong? Is he hurt???" Jekyung started to panic and look around. "No! No, he's fine.. It's just.."

"Then what?"

"I would appreciate it, if you would give him some space" Jungah said flatly.

"Give him.. Some space? I don't understand"

"Look, we all know the reason why he's been so happier now is because of you, I'm happy you made an effort to help him. But now he's been helped, and I don't think sticking around him is a good idea"

"But we're friends.." 

Jungah sighed. She didn't want them to be friends because she wanted Kiseop to herself. "I just, I hope you don't misunderstand me. I like you. I think you're a cool girl. But you did Kiseop an amazing favor. And now it's time for you to walk away.." Jungah said more coldly

"You're asking to me to ditch one of my friends?" Jekyung asked 

"But he's NOT your friend!" Jungah raised her voice. Jekyung took a step back and looked helpless. "He doesn't want to be your friend"

"How do you know? DId he tell you this?"

"No.."

"Then don't go around telling people things that you don't even know yourself.."

"Just.. Stay away from him" Jungah rolled her eyes and started to walk away. "Why?" Jekyung asked one more time. 

Jungah turned around and took a deep breath. "Because he's mine now" she glared at Jekyung.

Jekyung stood there totally lost. "Since when am I a problem in their friendship?" she thought

"I'm the whole reason they even got to know each other"

"She shouldn't be saying those things to me!"

"Well, I don't care what she says. Kiseop is my friend and I will not just stop speaking to him to make her feel better." Jekyung fixed her uniform and walked out of the school for the day