Yet Still, Life Moves On

Cheer Up, Dude

"Hey.." Luna said as she approached AJ, who was sitting at a table reading a book. "Oh hey, Luna" he smiled up at her. She gasped under her breath. "He knows my name" she thought

"What are you reading?" she asked. "Just a book on astronomy.. I like astronomy" AJ shrugged

"Well, why else would you be reading it?" Luna smirked, which made AJ laugh. "How was that funny?" Luna thought. Soon, Luna carefully sat down next to him and they quietly read the book together.

----

Jekyung sat with Soohyun at the ice cream shop that they usually go to after school and talked about Jekyung's feelings.. 

"I mean, he's like a book with blank pages. I don't get it.." Jekyung sighed, referring to Kiseop. "You seem to need a therapist.." Soohyun said as he his ice cream cone. "It's like.. Every time I see him, something happens that makes me feelings for him grow worse" she went on, not even acknowledging what Soohyun said. 

"Are you even listening to me??" Soohyun asked. Jekyung looked up and rolled her eyes. "Of course I am!" she gasped. "Why wouldn't I listen to my best friend??"

"Then what did I just say?"

Jekyung stayed silent. 

"Exactly" Soohyun said

"Well, you're still my bestie"

"I thought Kiseop was your best friend"

"He is, you're my best friend too... You can have more than one best friend" Jekyung smiled and her ice cream. Soohyun just sighed and focused on his ice cream. 

"So, anything new happen since I saw you last?" Soohyun asked

"I found out that my father didn't die a car crash.."

"What did he die of?"

"He got shot.."

"Holy crap! Who shot him!?!"

"... Kiseop's father"

Soohyun demanded an explanation and Jekyung repeated the story that her mom told her. 

----

After her ice cream date with Soohyun, Jekyung went home and took out her homework from her school bag and started working. Because the room was so silent, Jekyung could hear the shower running. "Must by mom.." she thought and looked back down at her homework, but after a few more minutes, Jekyung dozed off for about ten minutes..

After she lifted her head up off the desk, she felt like she needed to go potty, so she trudged to the bathroom where the shower was running. As she turned the corner, she was looking at Kiseop, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.. He turned around to see Jekyung, revealing to her his toned abs. 

"I-I'm so sorry" Jekyung took steps back and finally flattening herself against the wall. The edge of the wall jabbing her in the shoulder. It hurt bad so she let out a small sound of discomfort. Kiseop saw this and ran over to her look at her shoulder. He lifted the collar of her shirt off of her neck and looked down, but Jekyung slapped his hand away. "What are you doing??" she screeched. "I'm trying to see if you have a mark or something" Kiseop said and looked down again. Jekyung let out a sigh of frustration. "That's gunna bruise in the morning" he cringed. "Yeah.. It feels like this it's bruising right now" she rolled her eyes..

"Oh, it's bleeding. You must've hit it hard" Kiseop looked at her sympathetically and ran to the bathroom. "Where are the bandages??" he asked from the bathroom. "Bottom drawer next to the sink" Jekyung groaned in pain. Kiseop emerged from the bathroom with a bandage and antibiotic ointment. He finally put clothes on so Jekyung took a deep breath.

"Here, let's go to your room and we'll put this on it" he said and tried to get her to go to her room. "No, it'll be fine.." Jekyung pulled away

"No, it will not be fine.. I don't want you getting infected now come on!" Kiseop, being the germaphobe that he is, argued with her. Jekyung rolled her eyes and walked to her room and sat on her bed. Kiseop tried to apply the antibiotics on the cut, but her shirt was in the way..

"Here.. Take off your shirt" he said.

"W-What?!?"

"Just for a minute.."

"No! Leave the room.. I can do it myself" she snapped, grabbed the bandage and medicine, and pushed him off her bed. Kiseop looked down at her as she reached for the cut on her shoulder, but she couldn't; It was just too far away

Jekyung let out a sigh and looked at the bandage and medicine in her hand.

"Well...? Nobody else is here to do it, and you can't do it.. So man-up" Kiseop said with his arms crossed. Jekyung squeezed her eyes shut and gave him the things in her hand. "Please make it quick!" she cringed and prepared to take off her shirt. 

The feeling of the cold air from her AC hit her bare skin gave her goosebumps.. "Trust me, I wish you could do this yourself" Kiseop felt himself sweat. "I wish I could too" Jekyung agreed. 

Kiseop squeezed a little bit of the antibiotics on his finger and dabbed it on the cut. Jekyung winced at the feeling but suddenly felt the medicine kick in and took a deep breath.. "Does that feel better?" Kiseop asked, to which she only nodded as she dozed off.

While Jekyung closed her eyes and sighed at the quick release from pain, Kiseop put down the bandage on her skin and rubbed it. "M-My mom says it feels better if you rub it.. Is that okay?" Kiseop asked. Jekyung again, only nodded.

Kiseop smiled laid his hands gently on her shoulders and started to give her a massage. Jekyung's eyes snapped open and she simply turned around.. Kiseop pulled his hands away and looked down. "You have knots in your shoulders.." he mumbled and started to scoot away, but Jekyung reached and grabbed his arm. Kiseop looked up at her smiling. "It's okay" she said as she turned around again

"Don't stop" she sighed.

Kiseop smiled and continued to massage her shoulders.

"Kiseop.."

"Yeah?"

"Can I be totally honest with you?"

"Of course you can.."

"I've been harrassed in the past.."

Kiseop stopped and looked up at her. "H-Harrassed.. How?"

"I've b-been.. ually harrassed before.." Jekyung finally admitted.. "I thought you deserved a reason why I never like to be touched.."

Kiseop looked down and sighed, instantly feeling bad.. "When?" he asked. "... A-About a year ago..." Jekyung lied, when in reality, it was only two days ago.. Kiseop nodded twiddled his thumbs.. "I'm sorry.. I'll stop asking questions.." Kiseop sighed.. "It's fine.. I just wanna let you know that.. And that.. I'm okay with you..."

"You're okay with me.. Touching you?"

"And only you" Jekyung looked him in the eyes and smiled. Kiseop looked around the room. "J-Just me? Not even Soohyun? Or Eli?"

"Maybe hugs, but that's about as far as I'll go with them.." 

"But with me.."

"I'm willing to go farther" 

Kiseop smiled. "Well, I feel special" he confessed. "You are very special to me.." she smiled and blushed. Then she realized that she still was only wearing her spaghetti strap top.

"So.. Thank you.. For the bandage..." she smiled and put her shirt back on. Kiseop sat up, bowed, and backed away back into the living room, leaving Jekyung to blush and smile like an idiot

----

"So... How was this library date with you and AJ?" Soohyun asked Luna as they sat at the table outside of the noodles shop along with Jekyung and Eli.. "It wasn't a date.. All we did was read together.." Luna snapped.. Eli and Soohyun only laughed. "I wish someday that I can work at a library.. They're so quiet and peaceful" Jekyung sighed and looked back at memories in her head.. 

"Not the school's library" Eli shivered..

"I'm talking about public libraries!" Jekyung swatted Eli's arm lightly and rolled her eyes.

"Hey Jekyung.. Where's Kiseop?" Luna asked

"How am I supposed to know his whereabouts?" Jekyung asked rudely, to which Luna looked at Jekyung through her bangs and gave her a smug grin. Jekyung rolled her eyes. "He's visiting his mom" she confessed

"So you DO know where he is" Eli smiled. "Yeah.. SO?" Jekyung snapped.

"It's just cute to know that you know" Soohyun looked down at his cup of noodles.

Suddenly, AJ walked up to their table and sat down in between Eli and Luna, making her tense up.. "Did you look up that book we talked about, Luna?" AJ asked out of nowhere.. "I actually did.." Luna smiled and looked over at her other friends, who all gave a smile of approval

----

That night, Kiseop ate dinner with Jekyung's mom while Jekyung took a nap in her bed before she'd take refuge on the couch once again that night

"How is your work at school, Kiseop?" Mrs. Han asked

"Actually.. It's going well.. Jekyung is also a big help" Kiseop smiled and shoved lettuce into his mouth. "That's good to hear" she beamed and continued to eat..

"May I ask a rather private question?" Kiseop asked

"Sure"

"Is there something you could tell me about my father that I don't already know?" he asked. Mrs. Han put her fork and chop sticks down. "I'm afraid not.."

"Did your husband ever tell you anything about why they were so.... angry.. with each other?"

"I've told you everything I know.. I wish he had told me more.. Maybe then, they would still...." she said, but stopped when she felt her eyes water. Kiseop saw this and held her hand.. "It's not your fault.. Your husband was a good man" Kiseop smiled.

Mrs. Han looked and wiped her face of stray tears.. "Thank you, Lee Kiseop. You turned out to be such a gentleman" she laughed weakly.

After dinner, Kiseop played on his phone and waited for Jekyung to wake up. After an hour, Kiseop got up off the couch to tell her that he'll sleep on the couch so she didn't have to get up. But when he made it to her door, he stopped at the sound of an acoustic guitar.. "Wha-?" he thought.. Then he heard Jekyung start to sing

"They say, there's a tree in the forest..."

"A tree, that will give you a sign"

Kiseop was taken aback at Jekyung's angelic singing voice. How pretty and captivating her voice was..

"Come along with me, to the sweetheart tree.."

"Come and carve your name next to mine.."

Kiseop smiled and sat down on the ground and rocked back and forth to the sound of her voice, like a mother sings for her child..

"They say, if you kiss, the right sweetheart.."

"The one, you've been waiting for"

"Big blossoms of white, will burst into sight"

"And your love will be true, ever more"

And like that, the guitar stopped and Kiseop snapped out of his thoughts... He sat up and knocked on her door. Without permission, he opened the door to see that all the lights were off and except for one candle. Jekyung sat on her bed looked up at Kiseop and smiled. "That was a pretty song.." Kiseop said and sat by her on her bed in the dark. "You heard...?" she asked

"Yeah.."

"How was it?"

"Beautiful.." 

Jekyung looked down and blushed in the dark. She soon yawned and laid down in bed. "I'm tired" she simply said..

"I'm not. In fact.. I don't think I can sleep.." Kiseop sighed and laid down next Jekyung.. Jekyung shrugged and turned over to blow the candle out, so all the light they saw were the glow in the dark stars and moons on all walls and ceiling.. 

"I hope you'll be able to sleep. Cause when you sleep, you dream.." Jekyung looked up and sighed

"I do like to dream.." Kiseop mumbled. Jekyung tensed up when she felt Kiseop hold her hand, but she soon loosened up and closed her eyes

"For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.. Let us swin in the deepest ocean... or glide over the highest cloud" Jekyung smiled and gazed into the fake stars and moons.. Kiseop looked at Jekyung in the dark and admired her words. Soon, Kiseop and Jekyung grew more tired and Jekyung took her place on the couch

----

That next day>>>

Kiseop stood at his locker alone and pulled out important things when a familiar person walked up to him. "Kiseop.. Hi" she smiled

"Jungah.. I haven't seen you in a while.." he confessed. 

"I just wanted to let you know.. That I miss you... A lot.." Jungah smiled awkwardly..

"I kinda missed you too... But.."

"But what..?" she said. "I honestly don't think we're meant for each other. And I wish we were.. I had such a big crush on you for the longest time.. But after I got to know you more.. I realized that you are not my type.. And I'm sorry I wasted your time and I'm sorry if I sound selfish" Kiseop explained to his ex. Jungah nodded.. "Well, if you ever decide that you wanna try again.. Come to me.. I'll be here" she smiled weakly and walked away. Kiseop finally took a breath and shook his head

"As beautiful as she is.. She's just not the one" he thought and continued what he was doing.. But as much as he wanted to forget her surprise visit, he was afraid she wasn't going to let it all go like he could.. 

----

Later that night>>

"Hi sweetie.." Jekyung's step father smiled, walked into her room and closed the door. Jekyung cringed at the sight of him and scooted away from him. "Don't touch me" she said under her breath.. 

"What? I'm not going to hurt you.." he said huskily and scooted closer to her on her bed. 

"Stay back" Jekyung warned him. But before she knew it, he was on top of her, struggling to undress her, to which Jekyung let out a soul ripping scream. 

"Stop screaming.. Just pretend it's your friend" he ordered and ed her shirt, revealing her bra. The cold air hitting her skin made her feel like crying. 

To her relief, she could hear someone open the front door. "MOM, HELP ME PLEASE!!" she screamed as loud as she could..

"Mom isn't here right now" her step father laughed and struggled to pull his own pants down, making Jekyung scream again. That's when she realized that he must not have heard the front door open. 

Just then, someone kicked the locked door down and gasped at the horrifying sight..

...But it wasn't her mother

"Kiseop.. Help me please..." Jekyung said out of breath...

I hope you don't think this story is going to be all cute and .. There will be angst in between.. Promise >:)

Anyway, this chapter was a bit pointless as well, but I'm getting it somewhere hopefully.

As for music.. The Sweetheart Tree is a real song.. And there is a soundtrack for this chapter.. Sorta..

Here is The Sweetheart Tree ---> 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiqszvGfBA

And here we have the soundtrack.. It's nice and peaceful..--->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZB9nPMvS4&list=LLbI_IcBFsDuxb7BIpI1sH3A&feature=mh_lolz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2sTiCPcxC0&list=LLbI_IcBFsDuxb7BIpI1sH3A

For when they look up at the stars :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6k7y_GkX1w&list=PL07F6E95789BD0FF6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyZwr8pIas&list=PLA82547A76D531975&feature=mh_lolz

Such pretty songs.. Hope you like my choices.. Annyeong <3