Club of Comfort

Cheer Up, Dude

"How about this one?" Jekyung asked Kiseop as they walked around the tennis court on club pledge day. Club pledge day was the day that all the kids start to sign up for clubs. "Music club? Are you into music club?" she asked him. Kiseop only nodded a little.

"Then.. We'll keep looking" she patted him on the back and walked along. Kiseop only followed behind her like a little duckling. 

After a couple minutes of looking.. Jekyung finally ran into her favorite club from her last school.. Drama club.

She beamed and ran to the table to sign up

"I finally found it" she mumbled to herself. "Are you into Theater Arts?" the boy at the table asked her. 

"So much! I want to be actress some day" she smiled to him. "Well this is where you start.. We're having auditions soon, next Friday"

"I'll be there!"

"Good. What's your name?"

"Han Jekyung"

"I'm Jaeseop.. But just call me AJ" Jaeseop smiled. Jekyung giggled and remembered Kiseop on the other side of the tennis court, looking helpless. "Oh shoot, I totally left him alone" she thought as she ran to the other side of the court. "Are you okay?" she asked

"Yeah, just a little lost.." he confessed. 

Jekyung sighed. "I feel like I'm babysitting and not getting paid.. So, when do you wanna go look for Jungah again?"

"I don't know. I have no idea what to say to her" he sighed. Jekyung looked down and brainstormed

"How about I just talk to her and tell her about all the cool things about you? I'll be your wing man! Or, in this situation, your wing woman"

Kiseop listened to Jekyung's idea and nodded. "That's sounds good for now" he said and looked around. "Great. Now come with me. You're gunna sign up for drama club with me" Jekyung smiled and dragged Kiseop to AJ's table

----

"Hey..." Jekyung looked down at Jungah, who was eating lunch with a couple of her friends. "Uhm.. Hi?" Jungah said

Kiseop watched from the other side of the cafeteria while Jekyung attempted to talk to his crush.

"Mind if I sit here?" Jekyung asked

"Why? This is our table" one of Jungah's friends snapped. "It's fine. Stop being mean.." Jungah scolded her friend, then looked back up at Jekyung. "Sure, take a seat" Jungah smiled and gestured to the empty spot across from her. Jekyung smiled and sat down as Jungah's friends stood up and walked away. "Sorry.. I don't give off the best vibe in the world" Jekyung laughed awkwardly.

"Nah, you seem cool.." Jungah shrugged. "What's your name?"

"Han Jekyung" she smiled

"I'm Kim Jungah" 

"I know.. I.. I mean.. You look like a Jungah" Jekyung scratched the back of her neck. Kiseop saw this and rolled his eyes

Jungah looked at her for a moment, but shook off her weird behavior. "So.. I hear this one dance is coming up in a couple months.. I hear it's pretty big at this school.." Jekyung broke the ice

"Yeah. It is.. A lot of the upper classmen do some pretty weird things" Jungah laughed. "Do you have.. Dates?" Jekyung asked.

"Yeah. Boys ask girls to be dates.. Why?"

"Well, I wanna go.. But I only one or two boys who are willing to go with me.. And you know.. I know this one guy that would actually look good with you. Do you have a date?" Jekyung asked casually. 

"Nope.. Mind introducing me?" Jungah asked. Jekyung beamed inside, but kept her cool on the outside. "Of course. You might know him actaully. His name is Lee Kiseop" Jekyung said

Jungah giggled. "I know him. Well, not well. But I know who he is"

"I just feel like.. You'd look good on his arm. He's the perfect height for you"

"Really? Cool" Jungah smiled. 

Jekyung smiled and did a fist pump underneath the table. "So.. Who is this boy you wanna go with?" Jungah asked. Jekyung froze. "Uhh.. Well I do know this one guy, who isn't really good friend of mine, but he's cool. His name is Shin Soohyun"

"Oh. I don't know him" Jungah shrugged. 

"So I talk to Kiseop sometimes. If I tell him about the conversation we had. He'll ask you, I know it. He's really wanting a date.. And besides, what boy wouldn't wanna go with you? You're really pretty" Jekyung smiled. Jungah blushed. "Oh stop it, you" she laughed. 

"But yeah, let Kiseop know. I'd like to go with him" she winked before getting up to leave for her next class. Jekyung sat alone for a few seconds when she remembered that Kiseop was watching. Jekyung looked over to Kiseop and gave him two thumbs up. Kiseop let out a small smile and nodded. 

----

At the first day of drama club auditions, Jekyung looked around at the actors trying out for the play. She sat in between a girl and boy, leaving Kiseop a few chairs away. Jekyung knew Kiseop still felt uncomfortable without her by his side, so she'd always give him reassurance, like a thumbs up or a pat on the back, before she would leave. 

While she sat outside the auditorium, Jekyung tried to strike up a conversation with the boy next to her. "So tell me about your experience" she blurted. The boy, who looked a couple years below her, looked at her weird, but eventually answered her question. "I've been acting for a couple years.." he said

"Nice. I have been too"

"Nice.."

The room went silent once again, so Jekyung turned to the girl on her other side. "How about you?" she asked bluntly. The girl looked Jekyung up and down before answering. "A few years"

"Oh, just wondering.. What's your name?" Jekyung asked. "Im Yoona"

"Han Jekyung.. What about you?" she asked again to the boy next to her. "I'm Shin Dongho"

"Nice to meet you guys. Let the games begin" she laughed. Yoona and Dongho looked at her confused. What a weird chick she was indeed.

After auditions were over, Jekyung and Kiseop met up to plan out how he was gunna ask Jungah to the dance. "How will we go about this?" Jekyung asked. "Uuuhm, I don't know" Kiseop said

"Well, you know more about her than I do!" 

"I never thought I'd get this close to her!"

"How about.. A big banner?"

"Too cheesy" Kiseop sighed. 

"Cheesy" Jekyung whispered as she brainstormed. "Yeah, cheesy as hell" Kiseop repeated. 

"Let's get her a cheese pizza. She was eating pizza when I was talking to her. She must like it"

"Well that's sounds better than a big banner" he confessed.

"Yeah. Good work, Kyung" Jekyung complimented herself under her breath..

"Kyung..?" Kiseop asked. "Oh.. I.. Well.. My dad used to call me Kyung. It's my name.. Just shortened"

"Used to?" Kiseop asked

"Yeah, he died a couple years back"

Which reminded Kiseop of his own father, who also had passed away. "Since he's gone, nobody calls me Kyung but myself"

"Do you like Kyung more than Jekyung?" Kiseop asked. Jekyung only nodded 

"......I'll call you Kyung then" Kiseop said

"Aw, to make me more comfortable?" Jekyung gushed. "No, cause your real name is too long and I'm lazy" Kiseop rolled his eyes

"Yeah, yeah.. Suuuuurrrre" Jekyung

"Fine... I'll just stick to Jekyung.."

"NO!" Jekyung objected. "What? Why?" Kiseop asked. 

"Cause.. It really does make me feel more comfortable.." Jekyung confessed.

"Then I will call you Kyung" Kiseop declared. "Because it makes me more comfortable?" Jekyung asked more seriously. "....Yes" Kiseop nodded. 

As Kiseop and Jekyung talked, they opened up more and learned more about each other. Jekyung made jokes and saw Kiseop laugh for the first time, which made her entire day 100% better...

 

Hope this is going well! Have fun reading :D