►III

Medicine

A/N : If you didn't read the A/N in the previous chapter I changed the age of the boys , because I thought 24 would be a little to much . Please understand my choice , Thank you . ^^ Enjoy the chapter


"I'm glad to hear that, hope will become friends in the future" 

"Friends" ...such a strange concept for Luhan , he lost all his friends such long time ago he didn't even remembers their names .

 

His lips curled into a weak smile , but you could clearly see the bitter look into his eyes. There was a long silence after Xiumin's remark .So long and uncomfortable that Mr Nam had to interfere and do something.

"Um , I talked with your tutor Xiumin , and we both agreed it would be nice if you would move for a month with us , here. Mrs Kim has some business to do in China and she'll be off for some time. I hope it won't bother you, as I know you can't live alone for too long , because of the heart problem, so staying here I assure your health won't be damaged."

"I don't have any problems , but I won't accept it unless Luhan will welcome my staying here , after all I don't want to cause him discomfort"

All the eyes were on Luhan now , he was nervous and started to sweat a little . What should he say ? He should say no , in fact that's what we wanted from the start, to be alone to not be bothered. But something was different this time , we wasn't scared , we wanted , for the first time in a long time to have someone who could he spend some time with. So to give a safe answer he said:

"As long as he will give me personal space and wont bother me I'm ok with it" There was a sparkle in Minseok's eyes , he had talks with his tutor and he heard all kinds of bad and scary stuffs about Luhan's behavior ; but from what he saw there was nothing to be scared of , he seemed just lost and sad.

"Then everything is settled " Mr Nam said happily "Your possessions will be placed in your room by evening .Do you have any requests or willings?" Xiumin shook his head and smiled "Perfect then ! Luhan would you be kind to show Xiumin around ? I'd do that but I have some things to do so you are the only to do it "

Luhan , who was quietly listening to the conversation ,suddenly came back to reality and with a petrified look he stared at his uncle 

"You mean , me and him , alone , what if ..."

"Luhan I'm sure is going to be ok , I have faith in you " the old man patted his shoulder and smiled warmly 

He talks about faith and trust in him ...the truth is that he , himself lost all the faith in him , how can someone else trust him in this conditions ?

He sighed and nodded . He raised from his sit and looked coldly at the boy in front of him 

"Coming or not? "then he headed to the lobby with the smaller one after him walking in silence.

 

Luhan took a glimpse of  his new companion , and almost laugh , he was so amazed by the house and his big doe eyes were investigating every corner whit an interested look . 

He wanted to say something but his mind was blank ...that's what you get after 10 years of isolation, you get social awkward .

"So...which of your two names you want me to call you ?" Xiumin was startled by his voice , he thought Luhan won't say a word , but here he is trying to make a conversation

"As you prefer , I don't like one more than the other , but I guess Xiumin it would be easier for you to pronounce since you are Chinese "

"Oh , I understand ...so Xiumin , how old are you , you don't seem to be older than 15 " Luhan face-palmed himself after saying those words , like how lame and senseless was he !!

While he was rethinking his life choices Xiumin was laughing in front of him making Luhan embarrassed 

"W-why are you laughing?" He started to panic and being scared

Seeing that his laugh made Luhan scared , Xiumins stopped and with a worried look asked the young man

"Yah Luhan , are you ok ? Luhan I'm so sorry for making you have a little crises , is just that ...How to say it?  I'm older than you , by a month ,but I'm older still" 

After calming himself a bit Luhan was looking weird at the person in front of him "Are you serious? " Minseok nodded "B-but...how??"

"Well I guess I have good genes , even tho I'm not that sure, I assume so "

"What do you mean?"

"As you hear earlier I also have a tutor, just like you , but , unlike you , I don't know who my parents are . It's a long boring story , I'll tale you another time if you want of course. Now ...I saw the garden is amazing , can you please show it to me?"

"Ok...this way " When explaining the situation Luhan could see how full of regret the short boy eyes were . And he felt sorry for that. At least he lived for 10 years with his parents , at least he has memories with them , but this guy lived for 20 years all by himself , and yet he had the power to smile and live a normal life. 

Alighting in the garden was like being a child in a candy shop for Xiumin , he loved nature and flowers , they were the more pure things on Earth from his point of view.And this garden really looked like a peace of Heaven . You could read true happiness on his face 

"So that's how those greenhouses from the British books look like" Xiumin murmured 

"Excuse me?" Xiao Lu who was amazed by the happiness of the boy didn't paid attention to what he said 

"I enjoy reading British literature , and in those books they always describe Heaven like gardens , and I always wanted to see how those looked like ,now my wish came true . It is really beautiful, more beautiful than in books . You must love to spend time here "

That was strange , the Chinese boy also enjoyed reading British authors , and in those books they also talked about country side landscapes and gardens full of flowers and all those kinds of stuffs , he wasn't as fascinated as Xiumin about them...They only meet for like a couple of hours and his point of view about life started to change a little. 

"I guess you're right ...and I enjoy staying here , but not because of books ...my mother loved flowers especially red roses . " His voice started to shake a little , and Minseok noticed that 

"I understand " Changing subjects wasn't Xiumin's best quality ...but he felt like he should make Luhan forget about things which made him sad :

"Luhan" The boy looked at him with a questioning look "I-um...I'm quite hungry , what about getting something to eat? "

"You at changing subjects , you know? I appreciate it tho , You can go , I stay here a little more " Luhan thought the boy would leave him and go in the house , but he was wrong . 

"People say I'm rather stubborn , and they are right , we either go together or we'll stay here . You are not in the best mood and there is no way I'm letting you here all by yourself."

Luhan wanted to say something , to yell at him , to leave the garden . But he couldn't , something didn't let him say a single word. H e instead sat on a bench and looked empty at the sky .

Xiumin joined him too and they both stayed there in silence till the sunset , none of them saying a single word .There was a huge quietness but it felt right and peaceful .

For the first time they had someone who understand the silence .

For the first time they felt safe.

 


A/N : Finally I managed to finish the chapter ...Hope you enjoy it ~~ 

Btw What's with the news that Xiuhan is over and that it was just a phase ?? My poor shipping heart doesn't want to believe it ! >< I ship them from the start and I'll do it till the end ~ 

(Not mine ~)

P.S. I love you guys and you are amazing >:D< XOXO