Sundae's Birthday

Princess Lulu and the Galaxy Kingdom

Lulu had been spending quite some time with Minseok. And she didn’t enjoy his company at all… that’s what she keeps telling herself anyway. The prince always visited her on the king’s behalf but Minseok enjoyed Lulu’s company. For Minseok, Lulu was this cute princess who has this boyish side she wants to show the world but can’t.

Today, like any other day, Lulu had to attend this ball held by the Bubble Tea Kingdom. While she was being braided by KyungHee, she kept on questioning the kingdom’s name. Aside from that, she wanted to know why she was supposed to attend this stupid ball. No one can blame her though. Prince Sehun was known to be her most desperate fiancé.

And well, Sehun’s cousin was Sundae who was supposed to be Minseok’s queen and Lulu wasn’t sure why they didn’t get married.

But she was glad, secretly she was. If they were married, that Princess of ice cream or whatever could’ve gotten the most perfect prince on the whole wide world. But she won’t tell Minseok that. Oh, never. That would break the hard to get image she has.

“Done, kongjumama,” KyungHee whispered and Lulu marvelled at her reflection. “Nice job, KyungHee,” she complimented her maid and KyungHee only nodded shyly. “It’s my job and besides that, Queen Tao would get mad if I didn’t do a fine job,” she humbly said, making the princess chuckle a bit.

Lulu turned to her maid with a smile on her face. “So? Are you going to the ball?” She asked. KyungHee’s eyes widened at the question. Well, she’s just a maid and she’s supposed to stay in the kingdom. And she’s pretty sure Kris won’t let her go there and it would be embarrassing to see Jong-in in a suit and tie and just dolled up.

“I… I can’t,” KyungHee said, blushing. Lulu rolled her eyes. “Of course, you can. Are you afraid of appa?” The princess tilted her head a bit. KyungHee avoided the royalty’s eyes. “There’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s easy to convince him,” Lulu laughed. “I have my duties here, kongjumama,” KyungHee almost said in a whisper.

“You’ll go to the ball with me and it’s an order,” Lulu said as she skipped towards a door and opened her spacious wardrobe filled with dresses and gowns for every occasion. She hated it but she was thankful for it this time. She will be able to dress KyungHee up for the ball.

“But—“

“No buts, now, come here and I’ll get you ready.”

Lulu eyed the maid who easily gave in and slowly walked beside her. After around half an hour, KyungHee was staring at herself through the room’s mirror. Her hair was neatly curled at the ends and she was wearing this cute blue gown. Lulu applied light make-up on her and sprayed some cologne. “There, Prince Jong-in will surely fall in love with you more,” Lulu’s smile reached from ear to ear.

“Why would you have to do that, my daughter?” Kris said in distress as he watched his only daughter lift his custom made mirror. He’s been begging her to bring it back to him but she’ll only do so if Kris would agree to her wants. And that specific want is taking KyungHee to the ball.

“Just agree to it, appa,” Lulu said, threatening to smash the mirror into bits. She may look like an angel with her make-up, gown and hair but Kris very well knew he raised one evil devil. “But she’s a maid, honey. Royalties don’t bring maids to the ball,” Tao said, putting her hands on her lap.

“But I’m a different kind of royalty, mother,” Lulu said, narrowing her eyes at the said person. “I just want to let her have a taste of a life she never experienced. And KyungHee is practically my sister so please, she will always be with me,” she pouted at her mother.

“Hey, the final decision is mine and be careful with that mirror!” Kris almost screeched. “That is unmanly, Kris and if you say so…” Tao sighed. “Alright,” she said before looking at her daughter. “But KyungHee is your responsibility, young lady,” the regal queen said as she looked down to her daughter. “Understood?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, mother!”

The castle was filled with different royalties. Prince Taeyeon was even with Princess Jessica. Queen Donghee (Donghae) was with her king, King Eunhyuk. Princess Mintae (Taemin) was with Prince Minho. It was really filled with attractive people and KyungHee was nervous out of her mind. She didn’t shine bright like the rest. She looked like the usual… maid.

Lulu had her arms interlaced with KyungHee’s to keep her close. She might be picked up by the other royalties, namely Prince Heechul and Prince Hyowoon so she has to take a good look around to secure both women’s safety.

“It’s been so long.”

Lulu froze in her tracks when she recognized that deep voice. That youngster never gave up on her even if she already dumped him. Unlike Prince Chanyeol who ended up with Princess Baekyeon, Prince Sehun never gave up. He was stubborn that way.

“It sure has,” the words naturally went out of . KyungHee hid herself behind the royalty’s back. One thing Queen Tao taught the maid that stayed in her mind was this, never get into royal problems, especially if it’s with royal spoiled brats which Sehun looked like.

“I didn’t expect you’ll be going to my cousin’s birthday,” Sehun said as he crossed his arms and raised one of his eyebrows. Sure, he was handsome. Even Lulu admits that. And his is nice. And his whole body is nice but Lulu never really cared. The boy can’t kick a soccer ball properly. She can’t live with a man who can’t play soccer and prefers to trap himself in his room and drink bubble tea.

“My parents forced me to. This is a sign of formality, Sehun,” Lulu snapped. “Did you miss me even one bit?” Sehun took a step forward but Lulu took a step back. “Of course not!” Lulu scoffed. “What’s there to miss? You’re like any other suitor I had, except for the fact you’re handsome but Chanyeol is like that too,” she added. Sehun held his chest and pretended he was shot by an arrow.

“Those words hurt my heart, princess,” Sehun teasingly said with a smile. “But I still adore you and while you have no King for your kingdom, I will not give up,” he added, even adding a wink at the end. Lulu rolled her eyes. “I am sure you won’t. Even after the many times I pushed you away, along with your beverage, you still won’t give up. I insulted your kingdom a few times but you don’t give up!” Lulu lifted her hands in exasperation.

“How can I give up if there’s a possibility I can get a beauty like you?” Sehun said with a smirk. Lulu knew this man was already flirting with her so she tried to grab KyungHee’s wrist but… she looked back and didn’t see the maid behind her.

“Oh, I’m screwed if mother finds out.”

“KyungHee-ssi?” Minseok raised an eyebrow at the said maiden. KyungHee’s eyes widened even more, if that were possible, and quickly tried to go through the crowd but Minseok managed to grab her arm. “Hey, where’s your mistress?” he asked. “And I’m sure you’re looking for Jong-in too. He’s with our parents now, talking about relationships between kingdoms,” he added.

“Then why aren’t you there?” KyungHee asked. Minseok laughed. “It’s because it bores me to death. Jong-in is more of the behaved prince between us two, he’s more hardworking than I am,” Minseok answered. “So where is the princess?” He asked once again.

“She’s with the prince.”

“Which prince?”

“Prince Sehun.”

With the mention of that name, Minseok’s eyebrows went up and there was this different fire burning in his eyes. KyungHee was pretty much sure it was jealousy. She saw that a lot of times from Jong-in before. “Where?” Minseok protectively asked. “Right over—“

“Minnie!”

Minseok cringed at the mention of that nickname. Only one person calls him that. He slowly turned around and wasn’t surprised at all to find Sundae wrapping her arms around his neck. “Nice to see you too, Sundae,” he greeted.

“Aren’t you going to give me a birthday kiss?” Sundae pouted. Minseok just laughed softly and pushed her away. “I’m engaged, Sundae,” he informed her. “I know. But you were also engaged to me,” Sundae told him. “I was loyal to you and I didn’t touch any girls. I tried my best,” Minseok reasoned.

“And I’m also trying my best for you to love me,” Sundae said with a hint of sadness in her voice. Minseok felt sorry for a moment but Sundae flashed on one of her brightest smiles. “I heard your new fiancé is really pretty,” Sundae suddenly said. “From whom did you hear it?” Minseok tilted his head to the side.

“Who else? From my cousin who was supposed to marry her, none other than Sehun.”