Being a Princess/Future Queen

Princess Lulu and the Galaxy Kingdom

Being a princess isn’t very easy. Well, for some, it may naturally but for Lulu who was as rough as a guy, it was very hard. In the morning, she has to wake up for tea etiquette lessons and then she has her own studies to learn. She only wants to join the play-offs and not play tea with her maids but she doesn’t have a choice. Her mother was grooming her into a perfect princess the other kingdom’s think she is.

When Queen Tao entered the room, what welcomed her was Lulu cussing to her English book. “I don’t want this ship!” Lulu still can’t fully grasp on bad words after all. “What the duck is English anyway? Why do we need it? I am Chinese! Plus I know Korean, wouldn’t that be enough?” She complained. KyungHee on the other hand was on the verge of her tears. Seems like Lulu has been complaining for a while already.

“Lulu!” Queen Tao called out to her in a maddened tone. Lulu widened her eyes and took a deep breath. ‘Oh no, mom caught me,’ she thought to herself before turning to her mother with a convincing smile. “What is it, mother?” She asked, still forcing the smile. “Didn’t I tell you to never say such unprincess-like things?” Queen Tao sternly said. “And you’re making KyungHee cry. What kind of behaviour is this?” Queen Tao complained.

Lulu just nodded at her mother’s words and looked like she was guilty. “KyungHee, I am sorry for my daughter’s behaviour,” Queen Tao said as she bowed lightly at the maid. KyungHee shook her head. “It’s alright, your Majesty. Princess gets that hysterical sometimes,” she said. Lulu puffed her cheeks as she said that. Then she stood up. “I’m going to my archery lessons,” she said before running off to the corridors.

Queen Tao sighed. “She should get a disciplinary officer or something,” she whispered to herself before looking at KyungHee. “Go and chase her. She might trip on her way to her lessons,” she said. KyungHee nodded and before leaving, she bowed at Queen Tao.

Lulu already changed into her archery clothes and had her bow and arrow in her hands. The bag of arrows was tightly bound on her back and she was targeting an apple already. “Aish, mother is so girly,” she shot an arrow. “I never wanted to be a princess,” she muttered as she shot another one.

“Seems like someone’s in a bad mood,” a familiar voice startled her and sent the arrow flying upwards and it hit a tree. “What the…” She turned her head and saw Minseok. She then aimed for the prince’s head. “Woah, woah, woah,” Minseok raised both of his hands as if he was surrendering.

“No one disturbs my archery practice,” she muttered to herself before setting up the arrow. “I’m here to deliver peace,” Minseok told her. Lulu lowered the arrow and sighed. “So what’s up?” Minseok approached her. It looked like Minseok didn’t bother to style his hair and had it down. He looked adorable but Lulu can’t admit that to herself.

“My mother,” she muttered. “What about the queen?” Minseok raised an eyebrow. “She’s just too strict but then gets too loose when she’s around father,” Lulu complained. “At least you don’t have a mother who constantly asks you how your day is or if you tripped and treats you like a one year old,” Minseok told her. “Your mother’s like that?” Lulu asked. Minseok nodded.

“Always. Anyways, where’s KyungHee?” Minseok looked around and as if on cue, KyungHee was struggling on her way there. Her maid outfit was too long and she was almost tripping as she ran. She panted once she got there. “Princess…” She said after a few breaths.”Annyeong, KyungHee-ssi,” Minseok greeted with a smile. KyungHee looked at him and stared for him for a moment. “What are you doing here, Prince Minseok?” She asked.

“Just call me Minseok-oppa, it would be cuter since you are my brother’s girlfriend,” Minseok joked and KyungHee blushed. Lulu hit Minseok’s arm. “Don’t embarrass my maid,” she scolded him. “Alright, alright,” Minseok chuckled.  “And aren’t I older than you, Lulu-ssi? Shouldn’t you call me oppa?” he raised an eyebrow. “Shut it. You are not worthy to be my oppa,” Lulu crossed her arms.

“A-Anyway, Princess, you should attend to your practices in archery,” KyungHee said. “Change your clothes first. Aren’t you my teacher?” Lulu asked. “I didn’t know KyungHee-ssi knows archery. That’s a first,” Minseok said with his mouth shaped as an oval. “She’s great at it. She could pass on as an archer for the kingdom,” Lulu told him. “I’d rather not. I like being her personal maid,” KyungHee said. And then she added with a whisper,” Plus Jong-in-ssi wouldn’t like it if I got in danger.”

“Don’t you two speak informally to each other?” Minseok asked. KyungHee only blushed before running off to change her clothes. “Yah, you went too far,” Lulu glared at him. “I did none of the kind, princess,” Minseok winked. Lulu went back to her position and started shooting arrows at the cans by the fence. “You’re good at it too,” Minseok observed.

“I’ve been taking archery classes since I was a kid after all. Part of being a princess of this kingdom, Mother is a great archer, best in the land,” Lulu said before shooting another one. “It’s part of the family tradition. My mother started out as one of the royal family’s archers after all. She defended this kingdom I call home,” she added. “Queen Tao doesn’t look like it though. She looks elegant and regal,” Minseok pointed out.

“And she’s naggy. She loves nagging,” Lulu muttered, making Minseok chuckle. “But mother is a good queen, even though she doesn’t look like it. I heard her tell father that if someone tries to attack our kingdom, mother would be one of the defenders,” Lulu said with a wistful smile.

Minseok came closer to her and ruffled her hair. “I see you’ve got a soft spot for your family,” he said. “Of course. They’ve been with me since I was a child after all. And they’ll be with me even if I’ll marry,” she told him.

“I’m sure you’ll be a good mother and queen like Queen Tao in the future then, princess.”