V

Love and Hate

           Shin Hye was trembling in nervousness. This was it, today was the rumble between the two gangs. When she had set the rumble up out of anger and hatred, she had never realized that when the day comes, she may regret her decision. Now, she felt like a little scared girl that wasn't able to do anything right. Of course her fears were visible too since Geun Suk and others were trying so hard to release the tension. Today was the first rumble that she was having and her father would be killed the next day. How could she feel alright? 

       "We'll get them bastards!" Hongki shouted. "Black will be destroyed forever!" 

      Others laughed and nodded. "I'm a Black and I hate the sunlight!" Somebody else shouted from their group mockingly. The boys continued to laugh and act silly as they walked towards the rumble spot. Shin Hye would have loved to laugh as well since she was one of the most cheery ones in the group but it seemed like the smile on her face just had disappeared and would never come back. 

        Upon arriving at the rumble spot, a feeling of relief washed over Shin Hye when she realized that the Blacks were still not there. The empty dark street was only lit up by a street light in the middle. It felt so eerie and terrifying. The street was also clean of any cars, any possible residents in the houses or anything that can cause an interruption. This famous spot was where the war "Opposites" had taken place many times. It was legendary, meaningful.. Many members from both sides had died here. Some exprienced, and some new. She wished that the area was clean of any trees or plants too because now, the wind was blowing hard, causing the trees to shake violently in return. Seoul's sky was dark as always and there was no sight of stars or the moon being visible. 

        "Are you nervous?" 

        She turned around and stared at Yonghwa's curious face. 

       "A little." She tried to look cool and collected. 

      Yonghwa smiled. "I know that it must be terrifying but don't give up. You promise me to survive and I'll kick Lee Min Ho's for you in return." 

      A warm feeling washed over her as she nodded and tried to smile back.  

      "Look who's standing there? Our own White Gang!" 

      Every member turned around in surprise and looked at the coming group. 

      Slowly, the lights allowed her to see as the group came closer to them. They looked calm and collected, their black attires making them looking even tougher than they were. Then her eyes caught their leader and she immediately felt envious. Lee Min Ho was walking down as the head of the group, his hair seemingly wet and messy. He looked tough just like his gang but he also had that look in his eyes; the calm look that screamed confidence. That's why her heart shook and she felt light headed in an instant. She could tell that they were already going to lose. 

        He finally came to a stop and continued to stand there with his hands in his pockets. "Well, as your first rumble, I must say, congrats. Welcome to the game." He told her smirking. "Just too bad that your gang can't use magic anymore so you will lose your first rumble." He chuckled. She felt her blood boil. Looking at her face, he smiled even wider as he turned back a notch to look at his gang. "Should I even apologize? I mean our princess is going to lose!" Upon hearing that, she felt even more mad, being criticized for the fact that she was a female leader.  Roars of laughter came from his side as he turned back and shook his head. "Sorry. Didn't mean to joke around. I just couldn't help it." 

         To her, his embarrassing remarks were beyond control. His apology seemed meaningless and empty. She couldn't take it anymore. As she was about to shot back, she felt Yonghwa grab her hand. "Yah!" 

      "Hey! That bastard is going over the line! You want to stay silent??" Hongki complained. "You come here and talk! Let us tell you a joke! I promise you will love it!" Hongki raised his voice, stepping forward. 

       Yonghwa let go of Shin Hye's hand and stepped forward instead, pushing Hongki aside. "I'm here to fight Lee Min Ho," he said calmly. "So one of you cowards come forward and fight instead of getting wasted over there." 

       The smirk on Min Ho's face disappeared and he looked at Yonghwa in the eyes. "Well, even though your sensitive girlfriend can't step up to fight and it's against my rules to hit a woman, I don't think this is a bad idea." He stepped forward as well. 

      The silence filled the street so suddenly as if no one had ever talked. The sound of the high speed wind and the trees shaking filled it instead. Everybody knew how Yonghwa didn't like Shin Hye to be called his girlfriend and yet Min Ho had done it. The two circled each other under the streetlight as their expressions remained dangerously calm and focused; measuring each other's strengths. 

       As if everyone had held their breaths, all released their breaths as the sound of sudden lightning filled the skies. Everyone looked at the sky surprised and that's when the fight started: BAM! 

      Throwing punches at each other, Min Ho and Yonghwa fell on the floor, each giving other the taste of their own medicine. All the other members ran forward too, crashing each other. Shin Hye stood there, amazed by the sudden turn of events when she realized that Park Min Young was standing there, eyeing her like a prey. She took out her knife, eyeing her rival as well. The last time she had attacked first.. Now it was her turn. "AHHH!"

      She ran forward, applying empty stabs towards Min Young. Min Young dodged them, applying her own stabs as well. Another lightning striked down as wind got harsher and harder. Using all her strength, Shin Hye slapped Min Young in the face. Min Young stepped back, holding her cheek. She then looked up with hatred in her eyes. Dropping the knife as well, she tackled her down, punching her hard. Shin Hye was caught off guard, receiving punches left and right. She struggled to breath as she felt the punches on her head. She was too engrossed to fight out of her hold that she didn't realize others were setting back. "The cops! The wind! Be careful!" 

       She felt Min Young get up from her. "You're lucky you survived tonight.. Well that is if you do survive with this mighty wind.." She chuckled and disappeared from her sight. 

      Her voice was hallow to her. The really strong wind didn't let her see Min Young's face and she felt her body fly in the speed of the cursed wind. She heard the lightning, the voices that called her name and commanded her to get up, the sound of the cops approaching.. But she couldn't get up, in her mind, there was only one thing and that was "I am not made for this.." 

        Her eyes slowly closed and she felt her body go numb. She felt someone staring at her though; tall, broad shouldered, his hair in the air because of the wind. "Why was he staying?" She thought. Didn't all of them fled? Just as she was concentrating on the person's facial expression, the streetlight went off with a sound. She felt the image escape her eyes altogether with the terrorizing voices and sounds. 

       Everything went blank.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

      I hope you enjoyed the chapter; please comment below. :) Thank you for all the supportive comments. They're really motivating me :) By the way, do you think the story should be rated M? I've been going back and forth but I can't come up with an answer. I wouldn't mind if you comment your thoughts as well. Thank you! :)