II

Love and Hate

          More time that passed, it made her feel worst for doing what she was doing. It didn't make sense after all; asking for help from an enemy. Who knew? Maybe Lee Min Ho wasn't even trying to talk to her after all. Maybe his motive was to use her instead. The thought of him, do that, made her flinch. Imagining her, the supposed leader of the Whites, hanging around and asking for help was ridicules. 

         She looked around hesetaintly inside the car. She was sitting at the passenger seat next to him. Min Young was sitting at the backseat, seemingly annoyed out of her mind. Her glare at her wouldn't stop and that only made things worst. 

       When a few minutes passed and he was still driving, her curiousity got the best of her. "I thought we wanted to talk. What is this?" She asked harshly. 

      "Hey! You.." 

       Min Ho raised his hand, indicating Min Young to calm down. 

      "You wanted to talk. Don't even think that I would talk out in the open where they can see us. What would they think? The two leaders talking calmly instead of taking each other's lives.." He answered back, not taking off his eyes of the road. 

         That made her relax a bit in her seat, praying that they would get to the place sooner. They passed through the dark roads; each time a person encountered  them, backing off in fear. 

        She would look away, trying to hide herself though it was useless. The windows wouldn't even let them see the inside. Maybe it was the guilt that was causing her to act this way. 

        Finally, after what seemed like centuries, Min Ho stopped the car at a hidden place and signaled Min Young to get out. She sneered but eventually nodded. Giving Shin Hye her last death glare, she got out and shut the door behind her quietly. 

       "Follow me." 

        Shin Hye watched him get out and open the door for her. "Well? Don't you want to talk?" 

       Her eyes turned a shade of black as she stepped out much to her own dismay and followed him through the abondened path. She didn't want to admit but she was scared, torn between running away or following him. Then she remembered her cause and decided that at least, this can help her to make a less fool out of herself than she was going to do. 

         He stopped in front of a wall, putting the keys in his jacket. She watched him walk to the right and push a spot on the wall. As she was about to ask what he was doing, the dark, dirty wall opened in half, revealing a door. 

        She tried to cover her surprise as he walked to the door and entered the pass code. "Go in." He pointed inside. 

       Closing the door behind them, he turned  on the lights and signaled her to sit down on a couch. She eyed him suspiciously but sat down anyways. The room or the small house smelled like alcohol and weapons and games like poker were visible around. The remainings of cigarettes were all over the plates on the table in front of her and she could see all of their possessions, drained in black and gray. 

      "Beer? Wine?" He asked nonchalantly, opening the refrigerator in the huge kitchen that was located next to the door.

     Taken back by his attitude, she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "None. Thank you." She replied awkwardly. 

     He nodded and grabbed a bottle of beer, sitting down in front of her. 

     She stared at him awkwardly, unsure of how to start. "Well?" He asked, opening a the beer and taking a sip. 

    "Well.. I have thought of this many times and.. It's been hard to come up with the decision. But you have to listen. If we want one of us to win, we need to do this together." She started carefully. 

     At the mention of the word "together", Min Ho's eyes narrowed and he tensed up. Putting the beer down, his face became dangerously focused. "What do you mean?" 

      His deep voice startled her as she tensed up as well, thinking that the plan was probably in ruins. 

     "Well.. With the government running around, trying to catch us, we will never be truly able to fight or win. So I was thinking if.." 

     "Stop." He said firmly, getting up. 

     His firm voiced made her shake but if there was any moment she needed to be strong, it was this. "What do you mean stop?" She asked coldly. 

      She watched him drink the whole bottle in one sip as he crushed the container and threw it to a trash can nearby.     

     Turning back, he looked at her calmly. "We're not working together." He said firmly. 

     "But.." 

      "No. Let me finish. The reason why I brought you here to one of our hideouts and saved your life from Min Young was because I meant to talk to you too however, it's not what you think." He explained. 

      Her confusion got the best of her as she watched him explain. 

     "Though I don't regret having your father arrested for a bit, I wanted to tell you to be stronger. I know it's not my place to say but you can count it as a help. We are both young and this isn't our first choice. This will be the last time we are talking like this so listen. Until one of us or one gang looses, we will fight despite the government. So pull yourself together and forget about your dreams." 

         She felt her blood boiling. "Really? So now you pity me??" She said sternly, getting up. 

        "You can say that.. Considering the fact that your father will be killed in 3 days and you have done nothing to save him." He replied smirking. 

        Her face red in anger, her eyes burned in mention of her father. Maybe because he was right. In this 2 months, she had done nothing to save her father. However, who was he to tell her that? 

      "So stop being a little girl and grow up." 

       She smiled to herself and shook her head. "Lee Min Ho, let me thank you." 

      His smirk disappeared, replaced with a confused look. 

      "If I never thought of you as an enemy, now I do. Thanks for making me hate you like this." 

       He said nothing, staring at her blankly. It was as if he was frozen in the spot. 

      "So all Shin Hye's are like that.." He muttered under his breath. 

     "What do you mean?" She asked coldly, eyeing him weirdly. 

      He stared once again, this time his eyes unusually sincere.

      "You.. You're so much like her.. You.." 

     "Oppa!" 

     Min Young's panicked voice made them both flinch. "What is it?" He turned around.

     "Our base! It's under attack!" 

      Min Ho tensed up, looking around. Then he looked up at her. "Go"

      She would have lied if she had said that she wasn't curious of what he was about to say or not worried for their base but deep down, she knew that she shouldn't have been worried so she nodded and walked out to the abondened alley without looking back, thinking of her own plan of revenge.