IV

Love and Hate

[Flashback] 

2 years ago.. 

    

        The rain was pouring harder and harder any second. The sound of steps filled the silence of the empty streets alongside the rain. He panted desperately, running as fast as he could. 

        His feet shook and his heart was beating out of his chest but there was nothing he could do. As if it wasn't hard enough that his lover had died, now her dead body was missing.. 

      His tears didn't show except his red eyes because of the pouring rain. 

     Kim Shin Hye.. The ordinary girl that lost her life because of him.. Kim Shin Hye.. The White Leader's nefew.. The one girl that loved him because of HIM. Kim Shin Hye.. The girl that was going to be used to make a clone.. 

        If he wasn't fast enough.. His lover.. his everything.. Was going to have a clone.. An alive one too.. The one that can walk, talk, smile, laugh, paint and enchant him with her magical eyes. 

      He shook his head in a desperate motion and ran faster. He had to stop them. There was no way they were going to use the love of his life like this. 

    Cool air grazed his face as he entered the lab swiftly from the window. He stood there and weighted his options. He could either kill them all or beg them to stop. It was hard to decide since it could decide Shin Hye's fate. Finally he decided that first of all, he needs to find Shin Hye. 

     Looking around, he stepped carefully out of the small room. Checking the hallway out, he decided to walk to his right. Cameras were everywhere so it was only natural if guards showed up any second. He didn't have time to block the cameras so he shrugged his shoulders and continued to move forward. 

        When he reached the end of the hallway, he was met by a huge room. "Main Laboratory"        

      He sighed a deep voice. This had to be it. He found it strange though; no guard had tried to stop him or even come close for that matter.  Sensing that something is wrong, his wet hand touched the handle slowly and opened the door.

      "You finally came."

       Min Ho narrowed his eyes in confusion at the guards that were holding guns pointed at him and the person that was talking to him as he smirked.

       "You have to stop this." He said quietly.

        The scientist laughed. "Too late. You're just too late.."

         Min Ho's eyes dropped behind his back and his heart ached in pain. Shin Hye's dead and pale body was laying on a bed... next to the cloning machine. 

       "What are you doing??" He shouted in frustration. 

      "The machine is finally working!" Workers went close to Shin Hye, picking her angel like body... The body that he was only allowed to touch. Min Ho's body trembled with rage as he felt his blood boil. "Leave her alone! Stop touching her!" He went close but the guards stopped him, kicking him in the stomach. 

     He groaned in pain as he kicked back. Suddenly the guards were all over him, each kicking him somewhere in his body. All he could do was to defend himself. He grabbed two feet, slipping them. That caused two guards to fall down and distract others. 

     Min Ho got up fast despite the killing pain that was running through his head, caused by the kicks on his head. He pushed them, kicking them in the face. He backed off, punching some faces in the way as he picked up a bottle like glass. 

      He stabbed the following guard that came to him and hit the next one in the head. As he was gaining control, the scientist's laugh made his heart drop. 

      "It worked! It finally worked!" 

      Panting, Min Ho's knees went weak as his heart dropped. They were two bodies next to each other on the bed. 

      Min Ho dropped the glass as he suddenly found the urge to drop on his knees. 

      The man walked forward, pointing at the second body next to Shin Hye. It looked awfully like hers even with the sheets covering her. 

     "Min Ho, let me introduce you to Park Shin Hye!" 

       Min Ho breathed loudly as he shook his head and his vision blurred. The man uncovered the body and there.. Was exactly a body like Shin Hye's.. Park Shin Hye.. Kim Shin Hye's clone.

==================================

   

        Sweat ran down his face as he breathed in discomfort and turned his head side to side, in sleep. 

      "No.. Stop.. Don't touch her.." 

       He breathed fast. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.. 

      His eyes opened in panick as his breathing got slower. He looked around confused and remembered that he was in jail. Swallowing, he shook his head and leaned back against wall, closing his eyes as his heart still beat in panick. 

       "What's taking Woo Bin so long.." He whispered, gripping tight on the photo. 

       He looked at the photo in his hand expressionless. How could it be? Shin Hye.. Having a clone.. He hissed in mental pain as he touched her face with his fingertips. They looked so alike.. 

        As his vision blurred again, he thought back to his nightmare. He constantly dreamt of her.. Of that day.. The day he failed to stop the cloning process.. 

        "Ugh!" 

        He looked up startled. The sound of locks being opened came and Woo Bin walked in smirking. 

     "Hope you didn't wait too long." 

     Min Ho sighed and stood up. "Yeah right. You were probably busy making love to some random chick again, weren't you?" 

     "Shoot it man! The chick looked hot! I went to check the scene and there she was, standing there alone. What could I do?" He smirked again. 

       Min Ho shook his head and stepped over the dead bodies as he exited the jail. Woo Bin followed after him, taking his gun out just in case. 

       When they were about to exit from the window, the detective's voice stopped them. "You did it again." 

      Min Ho turned around chucking as he looked at him who was tied. 

      "We always do it. Thanks for the photo." He smiled and turned back. 

      "Tomorrow night is the rumble. The White Leader will be killed the day after that. Any plans to stop the cops from interfering?" He asked. 

      Min Ho and Woo Bin turned around and looked at each other, then at the detective. "They're planning to kill Shin Hye after killing her dad. I'm wondering how you will act upon that." He smirked. 

        Woo Bin looked at Min Ho's stoned and conflicted face. "Don't you worry about us. We know what to do." 

       Min Ho turned around and exited without looking back as he put the photo into his pocket.