Despair

The Black Fear
Chapter 2 
Despair
 
All of a sudden, I felt my body being shaken from the front; I was awake but still a bit sluggish.
I didn’t have any intention to get up and deal with another day in the wild,
but my brain kept sending me signals of mine left arm being shaken.
I decided to sit up cross-legged, wrinkling my eyes still closed.
In front of me it was all blurry, all I could see  was a light grey t-shirt with a v-neck and a maroon pair of trousers with some parts a little bit darker; brown hair with a lock before his eyes and a hand lightly laid on his cheek, as he was waiting patiently.
I reclined my head trying to understand  who  he was,
and frowned  so that he could get I was still focusing on what I had just seen.
Just in that moment, I shifted my eyes to the person concerned, seeing that his glance was focused on me with a lost yet cute expression on his face that made me jolt and lose my balance.
Normally I would  close my eyes so that I could avoid to see what was happening, but unfortunately I didn’t.  Maybe I preferred to stay still in his arms, which seemed weak and thin but were actually strong and firm,
so much that they were able to hold me tight against his chest.
Moreover  I was faced towards his collarbone, so perfectly shaped and protruding, which made his shirt slide on his body  creating a nice effect, emphasized by his breathe.
What really surprised me was the sensation that he was approaching his face to mine, without hesitation,
even if the fast beating of his heart  revealed his true feelings.
He suddenly stopped and I understood he was trying to verify if I was fine, so I suddenly got up .
“I…I…I am really sorry”, I said with a thread of voice.
“Don’t worry”, he replied really quickly  while smiling and his hair shyly.
“Actually, I came to say that we are all ready to go, you are the only one left.” , he kept on, a bit shocked.
“W-w-what?!”,  I was  mortified by that.
Only thanks to Lay I was able to notice the entire tent  in a mess due to Mckenna,
whom that morning had ransacked everywhere around  to find her stuff.
Even if I would rather stop the time, I kept on stare all the thing around me and the guy in front of me.
The mess, then the guy.
The mess, then the guy.
The mess, then the guy.
I startled, getting back to myself, and  abruptly  grasped the backpack starting to pack.
I asked desperately him to help me pack.
“Could you help me, please? I’m so sorry.” I said,  fluttering my eyelashes at him.
“Sure, don’t worry.” He answered,  standing with a pile of my clothes in one hand , between those there were also some of my underwear, and holding a chocolate bar that I was eating in the other.
“I’m really sorry to have interrupted your breakfast in this way”,
I said trying to not look at my clothes as much as possible. “
“I’m sorry to have interrupted your dream.”
He replied jokingly, looking around, trying not to get me embarrassed.
Don’t knowing how , I succeeded to get ready for the trip in a few minutes and I was even able to check if left something behind, always with the help of my assistant.
 
§§§
 
The journey revealed to be interesting  after sighting so many animal species, that till that day I had never seen in person, as  hares, some squirrels and moose from afar.
I always thought of myself as an animal lover,
so much that I also did research about the habitat, the constitution and the life of most animals.
I was so fascinated by being able to see these animals more in detail that I could easily think of it as a way of forgetting all my constant fears, which never abandoned me.
Everything seemed to go according to my plans,
till when I suddenly realized that I had taken a different course from my mates. 
Probably while I was  trying escaping some insect, I was left behind and lost track of them.
I didn’t lose my cool, on the contrary I  chose to keep on following the small path where I had accidentally  ended up, hoping to find a crossroad.
At some point I stopped to catch my breath by a tree, after  so many kilometers I was starting to feel discouraged.  I put my  backpack down and decided to take a break to quench my thirst, since I was already really  parched; I couldn’t finish to drink the last sips of water, that from my back I could hear a crackling sound  of leaves being stepped on.
Without thinking, with my heartbeat accelerated due to the startle and the surprise,  I turned to see what , or who, was; all I could catch a glimpse of was the  image of a guy with shoulder-length brown hair, wearing a black t-shirt,  a red denim jacket, black jeans and black boots.
The look on his face was really amused, showing from his crooked grin and his malicious golden-like eyes, so much that made me almost scared and I had to stop the eye contact, so I turned my face away.
For some moment I felt better, but I didn’t take me much to realize that I felt something moving on my left shoulder.  It kept moving and touching me in different spots,  it didn’t seem like it had any intention of go away.
Been panic-stricken, I closed my eyes tightly, as I usually did, hoping it  was just a bad dream.
Unfortunately the long legs kept moving, touching me. I didn’t seem huge, but to be an insect it was pretty much big. Moreover, it was not really noisy, actually sometimes I couldn’t even feel it.
The curiosity, unfortunately, kept getting bigger and  prevailed;
I had to open my eyes to see if it was what I was imagining.
I opened my eyes so that I had a clear vision of my shoulder.
It was a spider. A  dark brown colored spider , with long legs,  known as Fiddlebak spider (Loxosceles Reclusa).
I wasn’t wise to all kind of arachnid, but I had heard of that specific spider from the guide Choi, when he was discussing the various dangerous species that could be met in the forest.
I was out of breath.
The sensation I was feeling was beyond imagination.
My eyes were wide open as if I was staring an empty space.
I couldn’t even feel anymore my heartbeats, that just a moment ago were so strong I could feel them all over my body,  same went for the movement of my lungs, which kept decreasing, since the loss of oxygen.
I couldn’t find the strength to breathe.
Thinking of removing that thing, which still was moving happily on me with its dirty and sticky body, made me shiver so much that I wasn’t able to bring myself to do it.
Touching it was out of question, I thought of a possible way of get rid of it, maybe the most logic.
I started shaking my body as much as I could.
I remember that I wasn’t screaming, but my breathe was getting particularly anxious and I started panicking.
Given the case, I decided to try asking for help,  but also my throat was shaking so much because of the dreading situation that not even a sentence went out of my mouth.
All that escaped from my lips was a silent grumble that I hope someone might have heard,
while I was still focused on getting rid of the spider.
Suddenly, I felt someone grab it, throwing it with violence as far away as possible.
After that, his hands went to cover my arms  firmly, so that I  could calmly tranquilize.