Paradise Day

The Black Fear
Chapter  1
 Paradise Day
 

“C’mon, Hyllary! Stand up! I know its’ not easy …Believe me , it’s not easy for me too! Hurry up or we will fall behind. Do you need any help?  ”, asked my best friend Mckenna  with her hand already stretched to help me.
“Don’t worry, I can make it.”
I shamelessly lied.  Actually, I needed a huge help since it was my first experience in the nature,  but the embarrassment was too much to tell the truth.
I waited for her to turn and to keep on going, so that I could cling as a er on every tree of the  forest trying to stay away from all the wild grass that pricked my trembling legs as if it was  a venomous insect ready to sting.
Paying too much attention not being scared,
 I kept sweating and hoping to find a safer and relaxing place.
Fortunately, my reward for going through this much soon arrived when Siwon, the guide, said out loud : “Good work, everyone! Now we’ll take  a short break.  At the top of this climb you can find a fine place where to eat and rest. Just a little more effort and we are there!”
His voice was pretty tired and  made me realize how much length we had covered in just few hours, but above all, it made me think  about all the shortcuts I had taken to avoid all those nauseating insects that fluttered all around me.
Just for a moment, I felt a smile coming on.
I was so happy to  have been able to show my courage,
in spite of being really afraid, that my heart was bursting with delight.
Getting trough the last climb, I glanced impatiently to the place arranged by the man in charge of avoidance from injuries of our group, Lay, whom did that path almost every week for work.
I still remember that exact moment.
There were six tents, pretty big, perfectly arranged,
equipped with any sorts of necessity  for the trip, as water, lights, food, blankets and sleeping bags. 
In the middle of the circle created by the tents, there was a bright fire set for cooking and warm us up.
But, more than that, what enchanted me was the fresh air, a little bit moist on the skin, full with the scent of the forest and the rustling of the leaves  falling on the river, which kept flowing and getting them away.
I could also hear the simple tune of the waterfall,
which was yet so far, lingering on my skin and echoing within me.
“Isn’t it wonderful?”, said a soft and charming voice behind me that blend with the rumble of the waterfall and of the wind ruffling my blonde hair.
“Heaven”,  I uttered that word clenching my lips, so to not let the intense feelings  I was experiencing  get out.
Behind me I heard the sound of  a wince,
then with subtle touch on my shoulder, as to express understanding, he went away.
 
§§§
 
“What are you standing there for? Are  you contemplating? I like the night blue tent the most and I’m pretty sure you like it too, Miss Jenkins.”  , said Mckenna  looking at my face with curiosity.
Hearing  her words, I focused on that so-admired tent,  getting what she meant as soon as my glance shifted on it.  Besides having such a beautiful dark color, which allowed to have more privacy, it was described by some guides as a tent that lets transpire the fresh air, but it’s still waterproof; it had more room than the others, useful for putting backpacks and luggage.
Furthermore, luckily, it had a double mosquito net and a double  cloth so to be completely protected from insects and from the sun’s rays; it was also equipped with mats so to avoid the moisture and to not wake up with your completely sore, as it always happen.
“You do know me.”,  I said while smirking satisfied.
“Let’s go before someone pinches it from us!”
I nodded quickly and we aimed toward it  walking stealthily.
 
§§§
 
At last it was all ours.
We decided to not let the guides know about us using their equipments, 
since  they were all occupied describing the other tents.
We arrived right in front of the tent.
I immediately glanced at my best friend, so that she savvied right away what I wanted to do.
She turned , opened the zip and then we entered silently to  avoid unwanted meetings.
We put down all our bag and we seated on the soft mats, let out to spend the night outdoor.
“Do you think someone will discover us?”, asked Mckenna with a shred of worry in her voice.
“I don’t think so, they are too busy to notice. And if they do, it’ll be too late, believe me.”,
I answered smirking  satisfied, while I was finishing to set  the bags.
“You’re right. Let’s not think about it, or we won’t sleep.”
“Yeah “- I said, closing the conversation – “Let’sleep!’Night”
“Good night”
“I can’t sleep”, said Mckenna stopping the silence.
“Ah!”
“Are you sleepy?”, she kept on, sitting.
“No, but I’m trying to sleep, since tomorrow will be a tiring day.”
“Yeah, that’s true. Anyway, what did you think of Lay?”
“Oh, still talking about this Lay?!”
I still had in my mind the exact moment when my best friend asked me to take on this adventure with her, only to let me know the boy she had been in love with  for about four years.
She met him thanks to a camp which she had taken part in a long time ago.
Lay was a pretty reserved guy,  so  I wasn’t able to understand him that much, but you could see how satisfied he was of his work. He was a generous person and his work only emphasized  this quality. 
He seemed like a level head person;  whenever Mckenna complimented him, and it happened a lot of times, he just kept on smile and bow, still being nice and kind.
“Come on! Tell me what you think! He is nice, isn’t he?”, she asked disturbing my reflection.
“Yes, he’s nice and kind. Can you let me sleep, now? “, I asked, leaning on the other side.
“Alright, I know you don’t care. ’Night.”, she said while pouting.
"Night."