Chapter 08

Oh So Extraordinary Life

"Get up the bus and fill up the rear sits first." Their teacher instructed. "As you guys know, we are heading to the National Museum. I trust you guys as young adults, but please remember to behave yourself. And for your info, the trip will take quite awhile due to traffic." 

"Quick Min quick! I want to get the seat at the backkkk!" Kai rushed up the bus and hustled Minyoung who was infront of him up the bus.  

"Oppa. There.is.no.one.other.than.baek.infront.of.us" She said with an irked expression. Nevertheless, her cousin still squeezed passed them and dashed to the back seat, by the window. 

"Can you please enlighten me on how he is so popular and welcomed by the girls. He is practically the most childish annoying living person ever." Baekhyun said in annoyance whlist stuffing his phone down his back pocket, sitting far away from his childish friend, by the other window seat. "I, too am equally confused." She replied taking the seat beside Baekhyun. 

Myungsoo whom had a sudden urge to visit the washroom was one of the last ones to board the bus. Awwww D; Why is Minyoung seating at the back with them. I wanted to seat with her alone ;(  Reluctantly he when up to the vacant seat beside Minyoung and tossed his bag onto the seat beside, with Kai's. 

"He pointed at me and just ran away wailing. I mean like, it wasn't even my fault his ice cream dropped. I was like a full metre away from him! And you have no idea how many people at the park were whispering to themselves and pointing at me." Baekhyun ranted. Minyoung couldn't help but just laugh at how miserable her best friend was. The two had been talking the minute the bus moved. Kai was busy talking selcas leaving Myungsoo so bored and lonely. Girls from the few rows infront had tried to chat with him but he would usually end it after a few sentences and play with his phone. The night before he had dreamt about how enjoyable the ride would be with him and Minyoung alone, them sharing random things and laughing about it, her leaning on his shoulders whilst sleeping, and him admiring her cute beautiful face while she was asleep. But this was the total opposite of what he had dreamt. I guess when people say that dreams are the opposite of reality, we just have got to believe it.  

 

Thank goodness for Myungsoo, lady luck seemed to have sided him for now. For the past half an hour, they have been exploring the museum on their own. They had been chatting non stop about god knows what. Every time they tried to focus on the science stuff, they end up talking about Kpop idols comebacks and how fantastic and catchy their song is instead. Maybe this excursion isn't as bad as he thought after all. True enough, during lunch break they had a opportunity to know one another better over some fries and burger.

"Oh come on. I said it was my treat." Myungsoo said seeing Minyoung reaching for her wallet after she had finished her burger. "But I ca-" "Stop talking so much and finish up your fries. We have exactly 15 minutes left before the rocket experiment show begins at the field." He cut her off, pointing towards the field not far away from the restaurant.

"The sky looks so dark. Do think it's gonna rain during the show?" She asked as she looked up, into the sky full of dense grey clouds. "I don't know. Don't worry we'll run for the shelter if it starts to pour."

True enough, it really started pouring half way into the experiment show. Audiences started running out of the open field, away from the rain. As if a stampede had just occurred, Minyoung pushed herself off the ground after having lost her balance and fell from all the pushing. Myungsoo who had rushed off accidentally grabbed another girls hand, only the realise she was not Minyoung. He returned to the pouring rain, in search for his partner. When he found her, she was up trying to squeeze past the crowd, with a little scratch on her left knee. He helped her over to a bench inside the museum, and tended to her wound. 

"Ouchouchouch! Stop it stop it!! Its like a burning hell!" Minyoung winced in pain as he poured water over her wound. "Dude. Its just water. You should be laughing its not alcohol." Myungsoo retorted whilst holding down her leg and continued pouring the water over her wound, trying his best to disinfect it. "OUCH STOP IT! IT STILL HURTS" She squeezed her eyes shut trying to bare the piercing pain. "OKAY FINE. I'M SORRY. ITS DONE." He carefully dabbed dry her wound with a piece of tissue and stood up from his previous kneeling position. Picking up a hand towel, he helped Minyoung dry her wet hair. He was worried that the rain might get her sick, but he had to tend to her injured knee first, incase any bacteria was going to cause an infection on the wound. He gently yet efficently helped her dry her hair, while she sat on the bench awkwardly staring at him. 

"Are you okay?" "Yeah. But I would have been better if you didn't heartlessly poured the water over my wound." She replied jokingly, drying her hair herself. "Okay okay fine. Come on I'll treat you to ice-cream then we'll return to the bus. Its about time to gather anyways." He stretched out his hand for her, and she willingly took it.

 "Hey you alright? Do you need my jacket?" Myungsoo asked Minyoung who was under the aircon on the seat beside him. "Nahh its okay, its not that cold." She rejected his offer, moving in her seat to get into a comfortable spot getting ready to sleep though the long ride back to school. A few minutes of playing with his phone later, Myungsoo realised Minyoung had fallen asleep leaning onto the window, her head hitting the window every minute on the bumpy road. She was obviously lying that it wasn't cold. She was shivering. He cover her with his black leather jacket, and took her head to rest it on his shoulders. It was happines that was felt at that moment. 

"...and remember to finish your project over the weekends, deadline is next Monday. Okay students, you are dismissed now," 

"So we'll meet at my house tomorrow?" Myungsoo asked his partner. "Sure." 

 

 

*****


Please support and subscribe! ^^ 
Comments are greatly appreciated! It'll help me improve! ^^

xoxo