Chapter 03

Oh So Extraordinary Life

"Miyoung ah... Ireona... Min...." Sehun cooed ask he pulled the blanket away from his sister's grasp. 

"Oh Minyoung..." He tried poking her on the sides instead.

"AHHHH! Oppa! It hurts!" Miyoung curled into a ball, avoiding the pokes.

"Come on. Its about time you woke up. We still have a company event to go to." He said and plopped himself onto the edge of the large bed.

"Do we have to go to the event, oppa? It's going to be so boring." She shoved her head into her fluffy pillow, not wanting to get up. 

"According to appa, yes. It's an event by Uncle Kim."

"URRGHHH" She grumbled and kept making turns on her bed. 

"Wake up you sleepy head," he said getting up "Umma and Appa are waiting."

washed up, did my daily routine, and went down for breakfast.

 

"Ohhh... Minyoung ah. You're awake. Come and have your breakfast before it gets cold." Her Umma said ushering her to her seat. She sat infront of the long dining table fill with a wide variety of delicious dishes. It ranged from Cupcakes to Sausages to Hasbrowns and more. As she picked out what she wanted to eat, she could see in the corner of her eye, the cooks nervously looking if they were satisfied with the meal. Minyoung took a bite off her red velet cupcake, and gave a thumbs up to the chefs, making them sigh in relief. 

"Go have your bath and get ready before 12pm. The hairstylists and make-up artist are coming to prepare you for the event." Mrs Oh said to her daughter as they finished their breakfast.

"And this applies to you too Sehun. Yeobo, you too." Mrs Oh said as Sehun was about to escape back to his room. 

"But Umma! Guys don't need make up and hairstyling! All we need is just some hairspray and a comb! Right Appa?" He said trying to avoid the torture of having to stay still on the seat for hours. 

"I would gladly agree with you, but sadly, I can't. This is a big event held by Lotte Corp. and lots of other large companies are invited. Besides, Mr Kim and I are old friends. We have to look good. "  

 

After getting out of her bubble bath, Minyoung wore the dress she and her mom bought the other day. It was a beautiful pink dress with a studded black collar. She matched it with a pair of baby pink pumps. After debating for minutes, she reluctantly sat down infront of the mirror, losing her freedom for the next few hours, while the hairstylist made her slightly curled hair even more curly. She was half dozing off until her phone buzzed. 

 

From: Jongin Oppa

Annyeong Min. ^^ I bet you're dozing off now. Wake up you sleepy head. Baek and I have also been dragged along to the event. Meet you and hyung there later. ^^

 

To: Jongin Oppa

I know you were sleeping too okay. Yay! Maybe that event won't be so boring after all!    

 

From: Jongin Oppa:

I got to go. They're gonna apply the make up now, see ya later! Hope that they won't make me look so y with the eyeliner. Girls are going to flock all over me again!

 

To: Jongin Oppa

You're such an elephant. No wait, your skin is as thick as an onion! You're an elenion! kekeke

 

Mr and Mrs Oh went to the event in their car, while Sehun drove Minyoung in his lastest collection of Ferrari. A limited edition black Ferrari. They were greeted by the other companies. The 'children' who were usually dragged along, all hung out at a corner. But poor Sehun was being dragged into meeting the other company's heirs by his appa. 

 

"Hey Minyoung! Fancy meeting you here." She turned around when she heard her name being called.

"Myungsoo? What are you doing here? Your parents dragged you here too?" She questioned, delighted she had another friend here. 

"Sort of... My parents kind of held this event." Myungsoo said unsurely.

"You're Uncle Kim's son? Wow. Didn't expect that. I thought you were just some Kingka. It seems that there is more than meets the eyes." 

"I guess it's somehow fated we would meet one way or another?" He somehow flirted, grabbing a glass of coke off the tray from the waiter that just happened to pass by. 

"This is boring." 

"Don't try and change the topic, Oh Minyoung." 

"Whatever. So have you been practicing for the duet?" Minyoung questioned, successfully changing the topic.

"I may or may not have." He said, in a point to annoy her.  

Beep beep. Beep beep. "Wait a sec. I have to answer this call."

"Yeoboseyo? Oppa? Okayy. I'll meet you guys there in 5." She said hanging up. 

"Want to meet my oppa? Or do you have other people to entertain?" 

"I think I'll stick with meeting new friends."

 

"Minyoung ah. Over here." Baekhyun said as he waved his hand up in, attracting Minyoung's attention.

"You know Myungsoo?" Kai was curious why his Kingka friend was standing beside his cousin. 

"Yeahh. He's my music project partner. We are doing a duet together for the school's anniversary concert." She said as if it was no biggy.

"You are performing for the concert?! And you didn't tell me, your beloved cousin?! Ouchies." Kai started holding onto his chest, acting hurt. 

"Erhhh.. You didn't ask?"

"So you two are cousins." Myungsoo laughed. 

"What kind of buddy are you Myung? You didn't even tell me you got partnered up with a pretty girl!" Kai said locking his arm around Myungsoo's neck, pulling him down.

"Dude. This is the first time I met you this year. How was I going to tell you when I didn't even see your shadow in school?" He replied pulling his friend down too.

"Woah dude. Watch the hair. Anything but the hair. This is worth 2 precious hours." Kai escaped from Myungsoo's grasp and started arranging his hair.

"I guess you guys are quite close to have a duet?" The former started when he was finally satisfied with his charming hairstyle. 

"Not exactly... We only talked when we saw one another at the corridor or something. And trust me, it isn't often. " Minyoung said leaning on the back rest of the shiny white cloth covered chair. 

"Why not you sent Minyoung back later, Myungsoo? If you're okay with that. You could get to know each other better and probably even practice for the performance?" Sehun suggested.

"I wouldn't mind though." He said flashing his signature smile.

 

So that was how they ended up here, in Myungsoo's car.

"Do you always go for the company's events?" Minyoung questioned as Myungsoo drove her back home. 

"It's not like I have a choice anyway." He said making a turn.

"Then why are you still single? Don't Uncle Kim set you up with the daughters of other rich companies?"

"Nahh. Those girls at the events all  looked like they had a face on makeup. Not to be picky, but it was either they were too fake or they were just too y." He responded, stopping at the traffic light beside Banpo bridge.  "Besides, they are already contented that I attend the events with them." 

 "Wow..." She said in amazement, eyes as wide as saucepans staring at the beautiful night scenary of Banpo Bridge. The scene of the rainbow coloured fountain was just fascinating.

"You want to go there?"  He questioned, admiring the picturesque too.

Turning towards him, she asked enthusiastically "We can?" 

Without saying anything, he made a U-turn and drove towards the direction of the bridge. 

 

"So you like fountains uh?" He inquired, leaning on the bonnet of his black Lexus.

"I just like the freedom it gets. Its like nothing can stop the water from controlling its own direction. And I like that." She stated, absorbing in the exquisite scenary that was right infront of her eyes.

Myungsoo was surprised at how easily contented and delighted she was just seeing a water fountain. Other rich girls might not even be satisfied if you buy them a whole mall. People as easily pleased as Minyoung were hard to find in this practical society. She was one in a million. Definitely not anyone you see on the streets. 

 

"Come on, It's getting cold. I better send you back home." Myungsoo said, getting in the car. 

"But... I still want to see it..." Minyoung murmured, hesitant on leaving the bridge.

"Come on. I promise I'll bring you here again next time."

"Pinky promise?" She stretched out her little finger. 

"Pinky promise." He replied with a large smile, connecting their fingers together. 

 

  *****


Please support and subscribe! ^^ 
Comments are greatly appreciated! It'll help me improve! ^^

xoxo