Chapter 07

Oh So Extraordinary Life


"Two cups of Venti Caramel Macchiato please," he looked down from the menu then shifted over to his left towards the display counter "a New York Cheesecake and a Chicken Pie too." He reached for his wallet at the back of his denim jeans. They were having a break at a cafe near in school, after 2 hours of practicing for their performance. All the singing on top of a day's studies had strained them both physically and mentally. How they wished the summer holidays would quickly arrive. 
"Here's your coffee and your cheesecake" He placed the tray down and took a seat beside her at a corner of the cozy cafe.
"Thanks" she took a few sips of her coffee then set it back down, never once lifting her eyes off the notes on her hands. 
"What's so important you're reading it so attentively?" He leaned over and took a peep. "Wow, studying Mozart and Beethoven during break time. Aren't you one hardworking student?"
"Well I won't be if it wasn't for the test later. I haven't really studied it yet though. I just flipped it through several times but I always end up falling asleep." She finally took her vision off the notes and cut herself a small piece of her cheesecake. 
"Hahaha.... You fell asleep studying for a test," Myungsoo placed his coffee down and started laughing hysterically at Minyoung. "Wait what...? THERE IS A TEST LATER?!?!" His eyes were as large as saucepans and his mouth looked like it would touch the ground any moment now. "HEY SHARE IT SMURFETTE. I CAN'T FAIL MUSIC THEORY." He squeezed over to Minyoung's side and they both started scanning the notes, trying their best to absorb as much as they could. 

 

"ARGHHH! I couldn't do most of the questions. I'm so going to flunk it..." Myungsoo smacked his palms down onto the table and started complaining to Minyoung.
"Dude. It's just a test, its not going to affect our marks that much." Kai stretched out his arms and leaned back leisurely.

 "Says who? Mrs Hwang said this test contributes 20% of our mid-year results for music. "Minyoung smirked to Kai, already knowing he didn't know how to do half of the questions. 
"WHUUUTTTT" he two boys chorused "We're so going to flunk the test!" They looked at each other and started teari- okay wait. Thats too dramatic for two hunks. Scratch that.- They looked at each other and started to self comfort, thinking to themselves they would probably do better than the other. 


"Oh come on guys, cheer up! I'll buy you guys a drink." Minyoung went inbetween them and hooked her arm on theirs, pulling them up, towards the cafeteria. 
"Hey Baek! Lets go get some food first." She pushed Baekhyun towards the stall while Myungsoo and Kai were left to drown in their sorrow.

"Why do they look so down?" Baekhyun questioned pointing towards the table they were occupying. "Music theory. They didn't know how to answer the questions." 

"So thats why. Lucky I'm smart enough to choose Science instead. I guess you didn't study too?" 


"Does falling asleeping while flipping through the books count?" 

"No." Baekhyun gave Minyoung that ' please face'  "You're so going flunk that test with them." 

"No I won't. I answered them all. And I'm pretty confident.  My last minute study always work." She smirked and ordered the drinks. 

 Sehun arrived shortly at the table to see two starfish like creature sprawled on the table top lying deadly. "What the hell are you guys doing? Hugging the table top?" He gave the two weird looks then went to purchase his meal. 


 

The next day at music class, Kai got embarrassed big time by Mrs Hwang. 
"I'm utterly dissappointed by some of your answers. Especially you, Kim Jongin." Everyone paused and turned to Kai, who was so embarassed he could not hold his hand up. "This time, there are only 5 distinctions. And 4 failures. I hope you people will do better for your field trip project." 

She took out the stack of test papers and started handing them out one by one. "Please check the calculation of the marks just in case there is an error." 

"Kim Jongin, come here." Mrs Hwang said with a not so happy look on her face. She flipped open Kai paper and started. "So, 'When was Ludwig van Beethoven born?' and the fabulous answer you wrote was?" She diverted her attention to the guy standing infront of her. "The day his mom gave birth to him?" Kai answered with sheepish grin. The students who were seated at the front heard the conversation and started snickering. "Nice try Kim Jongin. But your answer failed you. Epically." Kai took his paper and quickly returned to his seat, ashamed of his answer himself. 


 

"Tomorrow we would be heading to the national museum for your level's annual excursion. For those who did badly on your previous test, this is your time to catch up. There will be an assignment assigned to you guys by your teacher later. Although this History themed learning excursion has nothing to do with your elective, it still contributes to 30% of your results so its best if you put in more effort and time in it." The dean said through the microphone. 

"Alright class, as your dean mentioned, you guys will be going to the national museum for your assignment. As for the partners, you will be partnered up in pairs, and I'll leave the pairing up to you guys." Just as their form teacher said that sentence, everyone started cheering and some starting looking at their best friends, whom they wanted to partner with, as if having a mind talk about being one another's partner. Guys were looking towards Minyoung, earning obvious scrowls from Baekhyun and Kai. Girls had their heads turned to the direction of Myungsoo, Kai and Baekhyun;who were supposedly the kingkas in class, hoping to catch their attention. Myungsoo directed his attention towards Minyoung who was seating behind him. "Oh Minyoung. Wanna be my partner?" 

"Yeah sure." She smiled. 

"Baek. Baek. Lets be partners!" Kai turned around excitedly. It was the first time Minyoung was joining them for the school's excursion eversince she transfered at the end of last year. And sure Kai was excited. They don't have to study, and they even get to go out and have fun!

"Now that everyone has their partners, please remember to report at the school hall tomorrow morning at 8am sharp with your partners. Late comers are to head to the museum on their own? Understood?"

Minyoung was laying on her bed as usual, watching her drama when her phone vibrated beside her, interupting the touching moment between the two leads.

 

From: Unknown number

Annyeong Smurfette. Just a reminder to not oversleep. ^^ Heard from Kai how piggy you are when I asked him for your number.

 

 Jongin oppa I hate you. 

 

To: Myungsoo

Yeah yeah. And stop calling me smurfette! ;<

 

From: Myungsoo 

Not going to happen. I think it's adorable. 

 

To: Myungsoo 

Urggghh ><

 

From: Myungsoo

Anyways, goodnight. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite (:

 

To: Myungsoo

You too :) Nighties~

 

 

To: Jongin Oppa

I.Hate.You

 

From: Jongin Oppa

Why? What did I do? D;

 

To: Jongin Oppa

You told Myungsoo about me oversleeping! Thats so embarassing! ㅍ_ㅍ

 

From: Jongin Oppa

It's okay I still love you :)

 

To: Jongin Oppa

And I still hate you. ;)

 

 

 *****

Please support and subscribe! ^^ 
Comments are greatly appreciated! It'll help me improve! ^^

xoxo 

Long time no see guys! I was so busy xD  

Do comment~ I won't bite! :3 Promise! (: