Chapter 05

Oh So Extraordinary Life

It was yet another typical school day for Minyoung. Usual morning call from her brother. Usual ride to school with Baekhyun. Usual Kai smacking the back of her head the moment he entered the class. Usual Myungsoo inviting her to his party on a friday nig- Wait. What?

 

A dead silence broke out the moment the teacher entered. Everyone scooted back to their seat, next to their partners. 

"Alright class. As usual, just get together with your partner and countinue discussing about the performance. And minimal noise level!"

"Like anyone's going to listen anyway." Myungsoo lounged onto his chair and stretched out his legs.

"Hey! Not so loud! She isn't deaf you know!" Minyoung whisper-yelled as she smacked his arm. Which soon turned a little pinkish.

"It hurts you know." He tried easing the pain off alittle on his poor arm. "By the way, I'm having a party tomorrow night. I've invited Kai and the rest too. Care to join?"

 

 And that was exactly how Minyoung ended up standing infront of the mirror in an adorable navy tied crochet skater dress, matched with a black purse and shiny sliver heels. Kai had texted her earlier saying that he would fetch her while her brother and Baekhyun went in another car. 

 

The two of them got out of the Ferrari, and Kai turned around back to unlock the trunk. He pulled out a tray carefully covered in aluminium foil, peeked into a little hole to check the contents and smiled.

"What's that? And why are you smiling to yourself like an idiot?" Asked Minyoung, who tried peeking into the hole as well.

"A dinosaur egg." Retorted Kai. "What do you think? Obviously it's Myungsoo's birthday cake. A cake I personally baked for my best bud."

"It's- It's his birthday today?" Minyoung was taken aback by surprise. She thought it was just another company event held by the Kims, and Myungsoo probably invited them since he knew he would be bored. But never once had 'Birthday party' crossed her mind.

"Duhh." He closed the trunk and made sure he had locked his car. "Hence the birthday party, you genius. Now stop standing there and come over. We've got a party to join."

When Minyoung and her cousin entered the large wood doors at the entrance, Myungsoo, wasn't there to greet them. After walking around in search for the birthday boy, Kai finally gave up, thinking that maybe he was stuck somewhere, unable to escape from the annoying fangirls. He went to look for his old friends, while Minyoung wandered around on her own. 

She walked into the grand hall which was centeralized by two huge curving staircases located at far ends of expensive floorings. Countless pieces of elegant crystal chandeliers hung above the large room. It was packed with many people, some of which she recognized as schoolmates. She walked around, admiring some pictures of the Kims, and occassionally picking up some finger food off the snack table.

As she walked up towards the balcony, she could see that two floors below, was a beautiful large swimming pool. The water was so blue and clear, but it reminded her of the time she and her brother went to Maldives for a holiday. Some of the guest were enjoying the beautiful flowers and fishes by the garden's pond, while other just had a glass on their hand whilst chatting. But, what sort of creeped Minyoung out was how the guys in the pool were joking around. They were lifting one another into the air, then throwing them back down. 

Wouldn't want to end up in that pool would we. It looks so so dangerous. And painful. She felt goosebumps slowly appearing on her arms.

She went the opposite direction, continuing her search for the washroom. Although her house wasn't anywhere smaller, she couldn't helped but felt like Myungsoo's house was a maze. Every walkway she passed by had looked almost the same. As least back at her house, they had photo frames hung up on those elegant walls.

She walked to a door, hoping it led to the bathroom. But the moment she pushed opened the door, a lightly dimmed room came to surface. There was a faint sound of television playing further into the room.

"Didn't expect to see you here though." Myungsoo appeared from the darkness, with a packet of chips on one hand. He was in a hoodie with a grey sweat pants and all, but nothing that looked like he was ready for his birthday party.

"Why are you here? In a hoodie and sweat pants?" She was clearly confused. 

"Ermm. This is my house? And my room? I was just about to get ready and go down." He put down the packet of chips, and headed towards his walk-in-closet. 

"Just have a seat first. I'll be ready in a 5. We'll go down together. Since you're already here anyways."

"Ermm... Can I use your bathroom? I was kind of looking for one but I ended up here." Sure she was embarrased, but she couldn't hold in any longer.

"Yeah sure. Its over there." He pointed towards the direction, holding in his laughter. 

Myungsoo came back dressed in a simple black blazer with white shirt and a navy tie that almost perfectly matched her dress. It made her wonder if he had specifically chosen that tie. Oh hallucinations, she thought. They walked down together, her arm holding onto his. Myungsoo had made Minyoung link her arm to his, giving the excuse that he was worried she might lose her balance on those heels.

The crowd was staring as the duo walked down the stairs. Guest near the end of the stairs parted, allowing them to walk through. Many were jealous, regardless male or female. Girls wanted to be Minyoung, and guys wanted to be in Myungsoo place. But amongst those, there was one girl that wasn't only jealous, but she was mad. Fuming mad. If this was an animated cartoon, her face would have already turned bright red and ears would have started emitting steam. That girl was none other than Jung Hyerim, Myungsoo's ultimate fangirl. She was always fantasying about Myungsoo and her being a couple. But, it wasn't going to happen. Ever. Myungsoo hated her to the core. She would always be somewhere around him, stalking his daily life. Moreover, she was rude to his friends. And he hated that.

Myungsoo and Minyoung headed over to the pool, where Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun were chatting away by the tables. 

"Dude. Finally you're out. I have been waiting to bash you for ever!" Kai threw himself onto Myungsoo, who then knocked into Minyoung, causing her to almost to trip over the edge of the stairs. 

"Woahh. Becareful!" Myungsoo caught into Minyoung just before she fell. They were sort of in a hugging position, cheeks red, till Sehun pulled his sister away, checking if she was okay. "You alright Min? Did you injure your leg?" He bent down, and sighed in relief when he realised there wasn't and scratches or bruises. Both of them stood there, cheeks still slightly red, avoiding eye contact with one another.

From the other side of the pool, Hyerim was gripping her fist so tight her knuckles became white. The scene where Myungsoo was hugging her potential love rival made her even angier. She needed to realease her anger, one way or another. She grabbed onto her two minions, Han Yoomi and Kang Sooyeon, and pulled them behind the tree.

"Its time for us to step in girls."

"With just a slight nod, the two girls walked away from the garden and soon out of sight from a smirking Hyerim. They already had a plan up their sleeves. It was just matter of time to when it would happen. 

 

To Be Continued....

  

*****


Please support and subscribe! ^^ 
Comments are greatly appreciated! It'll help me improve! ^^

xoxo

Hehe..... A special chapter with a sort of 'clift-hanger' xD

 

 

Minyoung's dress:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/86/45/b5864569d00b5d303e6bd53bd07c653a.jpg