Chapter 6

Love Is...

Yonghwa though that his biggest nightmare was when his parents left him. He was so young, he was clueless yet he was forced to be mature faster to take a responsibility of himself and his two younger sisters. But there was another nightmare that recently haunted him. He looked at the unconscious Seohyun in front of him. It had been three days she was in comma. Doctor said it because shock and trauma, moreover she had hit on the head.

Yonghwa literally didn’t leave Seohyun. He always beside her, talked to her and held her hands. He only left to take a bath and eat. The rest of his time, he spent to take care of Seohyun. Sooyeon and Soojung always came to check on Seohyun and their brother too.

“Seohyun-ah. Wake up, My Princess.” Yonghwa said as he her hands and enveloped it under his palm. “You haven’t let me say sorry. You haven’t let me talk to you. I promise i won’t make you mad again. I will do everything that you ask me to. I will sleep beside you every night. So please, open your eyes.”        

Seohyun’s eyes still closed. It was silent. Just a mechanical beep sound was heard. Yonghwa bent her head on Seohyun’s bed, felt so devastated, felt so helpless. Doctor said all he could do was waiting. But apparently, doctor didn’t say that the wait will be this long. Yonghwa almost lost his mind to shake her shoulder and shout so Seohyun would wake up.

A weak movement was felt between Yonghwa’s palm which held Seohyun’s hand. Yonghwa snapped and looked at Seohyun’a face.

“Seohyun-ah?” Yonghwa called.

He could see Seohyun’s eyes fluttered and slowly opened.

“Seohyun-ah?!” Yonghwa was almost screaming. He was overjoyed! “Seohyun-ah, can you hear me?”

“O-Oppa..” She answered weakly.

“Oh My God!! Thank God! Thank God!” Yonghwa held Seohyun’s hand so tight. He bent down towards Seohyun and kissed all over her face. “Thank you... Oh My God, thank you... You don’t know that i almost die waiting for you. Thank you...” He murmured.

“Sto-stop it, Oppa. Water... i need water.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh! Oh, i’m sorry. Water right! Water.” Yonghwa poured the water frantically. His hands were shaking but a wide smile was plastered on his face. He was glad. He was thankful.

Seohyun drank the water as Yonghwa held the glass for her, then he wiped her lips. After that, Yonghwa pressed the bell to call the nurse.

“Oh, Miss Seohyun have already wake up! I’m so glad!” Said the nurse. “I’ll call the doctor.”

Seohyun had a several check up. Before the doctor left, he said that Seohyun need a bed rest for about three days more. Now, Seohyun was alone again with Yonghwa.

“Are you okay?” Yonghwa already sat beside her again while holding her hands.

“Of course not, Oppa. Don’t be such a fool.” Seohyun answered with a faint smile.

“Ah, right.” Said Yonghwa. He paused for a while then said, “I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah. If it wasn’t because of me, you won’t suffer something like this.”

Seohyun tilted her head, “No. It’s not your fault. Why you blame yourself?”

“Because if we were not fighting back then, we would be home safely.”

“Don’t say unnecessary thing. It happened anyway. All you have to do is take care of me even better, right?” Seohyun smiled warmly at Yonghwa. There was no sign of hatred or condemning him.

“You are right.” Yonghwa lifted her hand and kissed it gently, “Thank you..”

They locked their gaze. Suddenly Seohyun blushed and bit her lips.

“Don’t bit your lips. It’s still wounded.” Yonghwa stood up and brushed her lip gently.

He never had intention to do anything. All simply because he was worried of her but that thing lead to another thing. Yonghwa realized that their face so close and his hand on her chin. He didn’t even try so hard to resist, all he did was close his eyes and kissed Seohyun gently.

“I believe this is hospital, not some of private room for making out.”

Yonghwa gasped and turned around. There his naughty little sister leaned elegantly on the door frame with a smirk.

“Soo-sooyeon-ah..” Yonghwa stuttered nervously.

“Glad that Soojung still down stair in cafetaria. She is too young to watch this kind of scene.” A playful smile danced on her lips. “Oh, Hello Seohyun-ah.”

“Hi, Sooyeon-ah..” Seohyun smiled politely at Sooyeon but her cheeks still blushed in a cute pink shades.

“Glad that you awake!” Sooyeon leaned to kiss Seohyun’s cheek. After she drew herself, she cringed, “Eww, you smell like Oppa.” She teased.

“Ah.. hmm... Jinjja?” Seohyun smiled nervously. Her eyes were dreamy and didn’t focus on Sooyeon. It must be Seohyun reminisced her kiss with Yonghwa.

On the other side, Yonghwa was already sitting on the couch silently, fiddling with her finger as he kept looking at Seohyun. Sooyeon smiled happily at these two.

“Yep. It must be Yonghwa Oppa had stayed here everyday as if he is permanently live here.” Sooyeon answered. Still with a teasing smile.

“Oh?” That was something that Seohyun didn’t know.

Sooyeon nodded, “He never leave you. Always sit here while holding your hand. He grow thinner but he still eat, though. He said ‘I must take care of myself well, so i can take care of Seohyun well.’ Very sweet, isn’t it?”

“Soo-sooyeon-ah..” Yonghwa called nervously and gave a shut-up-your-pretty-big-mouth glare.

On the other hand, Seohyun bent her head low as her cheek grew even redder. Then it was silent. Awkward.

“Anyeong!” A cheery voice of Soojung broke the awkward silent atmosphere.

Yonghwa sighed and use this opportunity to stood from his couch then approached Soojung, “Where have you been, Little girl?” Yonghwa ruffled Soojung’s hair.

“Just drop by in cafetaria to buy this iced milk tea.” Soojung answered.

“Ah, ne.” Yonghwa simply commented, “Well, i.. i will leave the two of you with Seohyun. I think i want to....erm.. want to grab some coffee.”

“Oppa, where are you going?” Seohyun asked. All of attention was on her.

“Just grab some coffee.”

“How long? Don’t be too long..”

“Sure, My Princ...erm, i mean Seohyun-ah.” Damn it! Yonghwa almost blurted his most favorite pet name towards Seohyun, ‘My Princess’. He was sure Sooyeon would with no end if she heard that.

“Ne.” Seohyun nodded.

As Yonghwa went out from the room, Sooyeon and Soojung sat beside her.

“Feeling better?” Asked Sooyeon.

“Ne. Thank you.” Seohyun answered.

“Have my Oppa asked you to be his girlfriend?” Sooyeon blurted out nonchalantly.

“Ne??” Seohyun gasped. She instantly blushed again.

“I guess not yet.” Sooyeon clucked her tongue. “Pabo Yonghwa Oppa.”

“Wha-what are you talking about? We.. i..” There, the ever witty and almighty Seohyun stuttered because of simple question. Oh, well not that simple in her case. She too, wondering when Yonghwa would ask it.

“Aigoo, should smack his head to gain some sense in his brain.” Sooyeon shook her head. “But anyway, i’m really happy if you become my sister-in-law.”

“Me too!” Soojung added. “You will be the best sister for me!” Soojung threw a side glance at Sooyeon.

“Aish! Jashik!” Sooyeon smacked Soojung’s head.

“It hurts, Eonni!” Soojung sulked, “Ah! Seohyun eonni, you will still stay at our house right?”

“Hmm... i guess i will stay in my apartment again.” Seohyun answered. “I think it’s safe enough.”

“Ah wae? But you will sleep over once in a while right?” Asked Soojung.

“Ah.. ne.. maybe.” Said Seohyun nervously.

“Your previous manager already jailed right? Aigoo, what a mean woman!” Said Sooyeon,

“Ani.. maybe it’s my fault too. I treat her bad, so she got her revenge on me.” Said Seohyun.

“Ah, it’s okay. And you don’t have to be worry, Yonghwa Oppa will take care of you well.”

Heard Yonghwa’s name, Seohyun gaze became softer and she smiled, “I owe much to Yonghwa Oppa. I really thankful for him. He affect me so much..”

Sooyeon smiled, “Have you told him about that?”

Seohyun shook her head.

“Tell him, i bet he will be overjoyed to hear that.”

The girls talk interrupted by Yonghwa who entered the room. He held a cup of coffee. He saw all the girls in the room looked at him, “Oh, am i disturb you all? Well, i guess i’ll leave again.”

“No, Oppa. I’ll go home now. And where are you going? Seohyun said that you must not go too long.” Said Sooyeon.

“Ah, Ok.. i’ll drive you home.” Said Yonghwa.

“Not need. Me and Soojung will take taxi. You just take care of Seohyun.” Sooyeon patted Yonghwa’s shoulder. “Bye, Seohyun. Get well soon.” Said Sooyeon to Seohyun.

“Get well soon, Eonni!” Said Soojung. She bent to Seohyun and kissed her cheek.

“Thank you.” Seohyun blushed. She was so happy, she got two sisters in instance. Her heart felt so warm.

Yonghwa approached Seohyun and sat beside her.

“I hope my sisters didn’t bother you.” He said.

“No! I’m so happy that they visit me.” Seohyun smiled.

“Sooman Sajangnim said that you have to rest well until you recover.”

“Hm.” Seohyun nodded.

“Excuse me, it’s dinner time.” A nurse came in to Seohyun’s room. She placed the food on the bedside table.

“Thanks.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ne.” The nurse nodded to Yonghwa. “Get well soon, Seohyun ssi.” She said to Seohyun then left.

“It’s time to eat dinner.” Said Yonghwa as he opened the plastic wrapper from the plate.

Seohyun pouted, “But i don’t want to eat. My stomach feel queasy.”

“Seohyun-ah, you must eat.” Yonghwa took a little amount of porridge and bribed it to Seohyun, “Here, aaang!”

Seohyun kept his lips sealed. She shook her head.

“Seohyun-ah, come on My Princess, eat this.” Said Yonghwa.

That name again. Seohyun bit her lips to held her smile. She didn’t know why but she really like when Yonghwa said ‘My Princess’ to her.

“Why are you smiling?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Hmm? Nothing.” Seohyun answered as smile kept playing on her lips. “I want to eat now. Bribe me some.”

“Eh?” Yonghwa was confused then he bribed the porridge to her, “Why now you want to eat?”

“Hmm?” Seohyun just smiled. “Eugh, but it still feel queasy.”

Yonghwa quickly took a glass of water which was gladly Seohyun accepted. She drank it a bit and sighed.

“Come on, eat again.” Yonghwa bribed her some more and Seohyun eat again. “That’s my girl, you have to eat more so you can recover soon.” Said Yonghwa as he patted Seohyun’s head.

Seohyun nodded shyly. If she could, she prefer laid on this bed and enjoyed full attention and affection of her manager. Oh God knew how happy she was, being loved and being spoiled like this. This was the thing that she wanted for the long, long time ago. Being a celebrity wasn’t that bad. At least Seohyun could meet Yonghwa in the end.

“Oppa, enough. I’m full.” Said Seohyun.

“Okay.” Yonghwa put the plate then prepare her medicine, “Here, drink this.”

Yonghwa helped Seohyun drank her medicine. He wiped her lips with his thumb then put the glass on the table. Then Yonghwa sat again beside Seohyun, gathered her hands on his and held it tight.

“Get well soon, My Princess.” Yonghwa said.

“With all of your care like this, i’m sure i will.” Said Seohyun.

Yonghwa just chuckled. He brought her hands to his lips and kissed it gently. This gesture made Seohyun shivered and felt hot. She bit her lips and looked down. She was sure that her face was all red now.

“Get some sleep.” Said Yonghwa.

“You will go home?”

“No. I’ll stay here.”

“Jinjja?” Seohyun’s heart skipped a bit. “But how about Soojung and Sooyeon?”

“They’ll be fine. I told them to make sure all the doors and windows locked.”

“Alright.” Seohyun bit her lips in glee.

“Now, go to sleep.”

“O-oppa?”

“Hmm?”

“Erm..” Seohyun was blushing hard. She wanted to ask something but she was really shy. But she wanted this. Oh, what would she do?

“Do you need anything? Tell me.” Said Yonghwa gently.

“Ah.. erm.. can you.. can you sleep here?” Okay. She blurted it out.

“I will sleep here.” Said Yonghwa.

“No. I mean, here. Beside me.” Seohyun blushed hard.

“Oh?” Yonghwa was surprised. He felt a sudden rush of desire on him. God damn it. He must not feel aroused at this time!

Saw his reluctant response, Seohyun suddenly felt embarrassed, “Err... I’m sorry. I’m out of my mind.”

“Aniya.. aniya.” Yonghwa shook his head. “I will.”

Seohyun bit her lips excitedly. She scooted to the left side to gave the space for Yonghwa. Yonghwa walked to the right side then hopped to the bed.

There was a huge tension between these two, but they kept silent about what they felt. Yonghwa shifted his position carefully so he didn’t touch the IV needle on Seohyun. As they lied together, Yonghwa draped his hand around his waist then he kissed her temple.

“Good night.” He whispered.

Yonghwa felt so warm. It made Seoyun felt comfortable and safe. With a smiled plastered on her lips, Seohyun went off to dreamland.

 

On several days, Seohyun finally fully recovered. Yonghwa was always take care of her well. Every night, Yonghwa always slept beside her. It wasn’t awkward anymore. They became more intimate and more affectionate towards each other. But the thing that bothered Seohyun was, Yonghwa hadn’t said anything regarding their relationship. Seohyun was confused. Should she waited or asked him first?

“Seohyun, i’ll take you to your apartment, okay?” Asked Yonghwa. They were now on the van, on the way home.

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa on the driver seat. She almost forgot that she had her own apartment. She thought that they would went to Yonghwa’s apartment.

“Erm.. can i sleep over in your place?” Asked Seohyun. “Just.. just one night. I.. i want to..to..” Seohyun thought really hard to make up some reason, “to meet Soojung and Sooyeon again.” Yeah, quite good reason. “Some kind of farewell... i think.”

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun through the rearview mirror. He hide his excited smile, “Okay.”

 

“Unnie!! Welcome back!” Said Soojung then hugged Seohyun excitedly.

“How are you?” Asked Sooyeon then gave Seohyun a hug too.

“I’m fine. Thanks.” Said Seohyun.

“By the way, Seohyun will sleep over here tonight. She said that she want to meet all of you.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh? Really?” Sooyeon looked at Seohyun playfully. She wriggled her brow and gave Seohyun a naughty smile.

“Ye-yes.” Seohyun answered shyly.

Sooyeon clearly knew that meeting her and Soojung was the minor reason. She knew the main reason was Seohyun wanted to spend more time with her Oppa.

“Well, i put Seohyun’s bag on my room first and i will prepare dinner.” Said Yonghwa.

“Okay.” Said Sooyeon. “Well, why don’t you come to my room? Let’s we have a girls talk.” Sooyeon grabbed Seohyun’s hand to her room with Soojung followed behind.

As the three girls entered the room, Sooyeon closed the door and dragged Seohyun to sat on the bed.

“Ey, Seohyun-ah, you are so naughty!” Said Sooyeon.

Soojung too giggled, she also could sense Seohyun’s true intention. Soojung sat beside Seohyun and shot a playful gaze at her.

“Wh-what?” Asked Seohyun.

“Oh, come on, Seohyun-ah. You just want to spend more time with Oppa right? Now tell me, have he ask you to be his girlfriend?” Asked Sooyeon.

Seohyun sighed and shook her head.

“What? Aish! Soojung-ah, we really have a stupid brother here.” Sooyeon commented.

“Oppa didn’t tell you anything?” Asked Soojung.

“No. That’s what i’m confused about.” Said Seohyun. “But he is very affectionate towards me.”

“Aish! Stupid, Oppa!” Sooyeon huffed. “He doesn’t do that because he is afraid of your image right?”

“Oh..” Seohyun thought for a bit, “Maybe? But my management doesn’t have any dating thingy rule.”

“So what??” Sooyeon looked so frustrated.

“Maybe you should make a first move, Eonni.” Said Soojung.

“Right! Seduce him!” Said Sooyeon.

“What?” Seohyun was really shocked. Sooyeon asked him to seduce her own brother? She couldn’t get that, really.

“But how?” Sooyeon stood up and walked back and forth, “Aish, now i’m hating myself to not having a y lingerie.”

“Why you need lingerie? I have a lot in my apartment.” Said Seohyun.

“Like you can go home first and take it, Seohyun-ah. We need it now!” Said Sooyeon.

An idea struck Seohyun, “Sooyeon-ah! You ask me to wear y lingerie in front of your brother?” Asked Seohyun in shock. This was madness!

“Why don’t you just wear a towel or your undies?” Soojung suggested.

“Ha! Soojung-ah, you naughty little sister! Don’t said that you have done that in front of Minhyuk!” Said Sooyeon.

“What? I’m not!!!” Soojung blushed hard.

“Eh? Who is Minhyuk?” Asked Seohyun.

“He is Soojung’s boyfriend.” Sooyeon answered, “Now, back to your case. I think Soojung’s idea is good.”

“Are you crazy?” Seohyun almost scream.

“No.” Said Soojung and Sooyeon in unison.

“Aigoo.” Seohyun massaged her temple. This Jung sister was really something.

“So?” Asked Sooyeon.

“So what? I won’t do that!!” Seohyun clearly decline! Well, She had ever wore undies and even but it was behind him! Not in front of him.

“You want to know Oppa’s real feeling towards you right?” Asked Sooyeon.

“Yes only want to know his feeling!” Seohyun stated. “No more.”

“No more? Are you sure you don’t want more?” Sooyeon wriggled his brow playfully.

“Oh my God, Sooyeon-ah!” Seohyun blushed so hard.

“Girls!” Yonghwa knocked Sooyeon’s room, “Dinner is ready.”

“Coming!!” Sooyeon answered. “Seohyun-ah, listen whatever idea will do, okay? Either you wear undies or only towel. You must seduce him and ask him to be your boyfriend. Arraseo?”

“Sooyeon-ah, i. Won’t. Do. That! Period!” Then Seohyun went out from the room.

The Jung Sister was really crazy! How could they ask Seohyun to seduce their own brother? That was something that Seohyun couldn’t comprehend.

“Wae? Did Sooyeon and Soojung talk about something weird?” Asked Yonghwa as he looked at troubled face of Seohyun.

“Oh? Ani..ani..” Seohyun just smiled awkwardly.

“Really?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Yes. It’s nothing.” Said Seohyun, “Dinner shall we?”

 

The dinner was cheery as usual. Soojung and Sooyeon would bickering as usual and Yonghwa would take care of Seohyun well as usual. As dinner end, Soojung excuse herself to go to her bedroom first, Yonghwa was taking a call from SM and Sooyeon washed the dishes as Seohyun helped her.

“You remember your plan, right?” Sooyeon whispered.

“What plan?” Seohyun acted nonchalantly.

“That plan! That you want to confess to Oppa with you know...” Sooyeon smirked naughtily.

“My plan doesn’t include strip myself in front of him, okay?”

“Oookayyy..” Sooyeon rolled her eyes, “My little Soojung had done a great effort by giving you this idea. You must appreciate her!”

Seohyun snorted, “You are crazy!”

After Sooyeon finished her chore, then she went to her room, “Good luck, sister-in-law.” She whispered to Seohyun and she patted Seohyun’s cheek.

Now it was just Seohyun and Yonghwa alone. Yonghwa still busy with his phone call on the couch. Seohyun walked slowly to Yonghwa and sat beside him. She waited for him to end the call.

“Wae, Seohyun-ah?” Yonghwa asked after he hung up the phone.

“Oppa, is the call from SM? What happen?” Seohyun asked to distract herself for being too nervous. The SM matter wasn’t her priority for now, actually.

“Yes. It just from management department. He ask for your condition. They said Sooman Sajangnim wanted to meet you tomorrow.” Yonghwa said.

“Oh..”

“Just go to sleep. You still need a lot of rest.” Said Yonghwa.

“Yes.” Seohyun nodded and bent her head low. Then she got a shock when suddenly Yonghwa grabbed her hand and dragged her to his bedroom.

Uh oh, what was this? What did it mean? What would happen? 

 

To be continued