Chapter 4

Love Is...

Seohyun woke up and expected that she would felt Yonghwa’s warmth on her body. But when she roamed her hand on the other side of the bed, she found nothing. She opened her eyes and saw the empty space beside her.

“Oppa is already awake?” Seohyun thought.

She took a glance at the clock. It was five in the morning. Did Yonghwa usually woke up this early? Maybe. Seohyun should noted that in her mind. She decided to wake up too and went out from his room. Maybe she could see him wore the cute pink apron again while he was preparing breakfast. She smiled at the thought and opened the door to find Yonghwa was sleeping on the couch in the living room. So Yonghwa didn’t sleep with Seohyun last night? Seohyun didn’t know what was into her but she felt upset.

Seohyun walked to the couch and kneeled in front of the sleeping Yonghwa. She pouted at him and pressed Yonghwa’s nose furiously. It made Yonghwa woke up and looked around absentmindedly.

“Omo! Seohyun-ah, you surprised me.” He mumbled. “Am i late? What time is it?”

“No. It’s still five o’clock.” Said Seohyun coldly.

“Oh..” Yonghwa sat and leaned on the couch while rubbing his eyes. Yonghwa found that Seohyun was pouting at him, “Waeyo?” He asked.

“You didn’t sleep at bedroom last night, right?” Seohyun asked.

“Uh... yes.”

“Why? I ask you to sleep with me right?”

“Uh.. yes but...”

“So why you leave me?”

“Seohyun-ah, i...”

“Nappeun Oppa.” Seohyun huffed and looked away.

Yonghwa shook his head. She grabbed Seohyun’s wrist and took her to sat beside him. “Seohyun-ah, I’m sorry. But i think it’s inappropriate if we sleep together.” Yonghwa brushed her hair gently.

“So you think kiss me just like last night is appropriate?” Seohyun challenged.

“Oh.. that... I’m sorry.” Yonghwa felt so lost and embarrassed himself. He felt so guilty by letting off his guard.

“Why you always say sorry? Gosh! I hate to hear that.” She sighed in disappointment. “It sounds that you regret that.”

“No. That is not!” Yonghwa freaked out. Hell, he really didn’t regret at all! Kissing Seohyun was the best he had!

“So why?” Seohyun snapped.

“Aigoo! You two are so noisy!” Sooyeon went out from her room. Her hair still messy and her pajama crumpled. “It’s so hard having a newly couple around. Tell me how long you will quarreling like this, so i can prepare.” Said Sooyeon nonchalantly as she took a glass of water.

There was no answer for Sooyeon’s question. Seohyun just avoided her by saying that she wanted to take a bath and Yonghwa said that he would prepare breakfast.      

Sooyeon clucked her tongue, “Geez! Fine! Just ignore me.”

“You better help me to wash the dish, Sooyeon-ah.” Said Yonghwa.

Sooyeon rolled her eyes and went to the sink. She grabbed the glove and started to wash a plate. “Oppa, what’s exactly going on?”

“It’s none of you business.” Said Yonghwa while put the bread on the toaster.

“Oh, come on! You look like a love sick teenager.”

“And you look like a nosy ajjuma!”

“Yah! I’m not ajjuma!”

“So you better keep your nose out of my problem!”

“It’s so unlike you.” Sooyeon commented, “You never this discreet to me.”

Yonghwa stopped for a while. That was true. He always talked about his inner feeling to Sooyeon, but why now he played discreet? Maybe he was just wanted to keep Seohyun’s matter for his heart only? Geez, too mushy!

“I’m a girl, Oppa. Maybe i can help. I can give you a girl point of view.” Said Sooyeon.

She got the point.   

Yonghwa looked at the bathroom and made sure that Seohyun still took a bath. Then he faced Sooyeon.

“Well?” Sooyeon encouraged him.

“First of all i want to state that i’m not dating with Seohyun.” Said Yonghwa.

“Yet..” Sooyeon added.

“Yet..” Yonghwa agreed. “But well, yes i like her.”

“I know.” Sooyeon commented, “And Seohyun seems smitten by you.”

“I think so because last night....”

“Yes...?” Sooyeon looked at her brother in full anticipation.

“We were kind of....making out.”

“Uhuh..”

“Seems you’re not surprised.”

“Duh! It will happen sooner or latter anyway.” Sooyeon said just like it was an understatement.

“What?” Yonghwa frowned.

“Oh just keep on. So what happen next?”

“Well, after that.. she ask me to sleep with her.”

“What?” Sooyeon almost scream, “Sleep like....you know... having ?” Sooyeon gaped.

“Sooyeon-ah! From where you know about having ? I never teach you something like that!” Yonghwa gasped in horror. Oh my.. His little girl now talking about ert things!

“Oh my God, Oppa! Of course i know! I’ve already passed twenty!” Sooyeon shook her head.

“That’s what i’m afraid about! You have already known about these such things! And...”

“Oppa, we are talking about you now! You can lecture me later, okay? We even haven’t reach the main problem!”

Yonghwa sighed, “Okay. Actually it was kind of related to you and Soojung.”

“And what’s about me and Soojung?”

“Well, actually Seohyun just ask me to sleep with her. Literally sleep. But well, i’m a brother who has two little sisters. I have you and Soojung. I really love the two of you. You two are really precious for me. So when Seohyun ask me to stay that night, i would feel like a jerk if i obliged. Because i don’t want to disrespect her just like i don’t want other guy disrespect you and Soojung.” Yonghwa confessed, “And i little bit guilty because i have kissed her. I wonder whether i hurt her pride as a woman or not.”

Sooyeon gaze soften at her brother, “Oppa, did she refuse you when you kiss her?”

Yonghwa thought for a while, “No...”

“So that’s not a problem if Seohyun is willing too.”

“But...”

“Look! I will tell you, if a girl is willing to be kissed by a guy, it means that the girl has a feeling towards the guy. She won’t think that the guy disrespect her. She let the guy because she love and trust the guy. In short, Seohyun loves you!”

“But you know, that time i was nearly crazy that i can’t control myself!” Said Yonghwa almost frustrated.

“It’s normal, i think?” Said Sooyeon calmly, “I mean, you are a normal man! And you love Seohyun. I think it’s normal if you have some sort of feeling like....you want her. The whole her.”

Yonghwa frowned, “Sooyeon-ah..” Her words drew a curiosity on him, “Why you talk like this? Are you having a boyfriend now?”

Sooyeon grinned.

“Yah! Jung Sooyeon! Is that right?” Yonghwa looked at her sister sternly.

“Hmm....” Sooyeon avoided Yonghwa’s gaze.

“God damnit! Jung Sooyeon! Who’s the guy?”

“I’m not, okay?” Said Sooyeon, “I mean not yet.... I’m still testing on him. I’ll introduce him when we’re officially dating.”

“What’s his name?”

“Ok Taecyeon. He is my classmate.”

“Have you two kissed?” Asked Yonghwa.

“......”

“Answer me.”

“Yes.”

“Oh i’ll kill him.”

“Oppa!”

When Yonghwa ready to lecture Sooyeon, the bathroom door opened. Seohyun appeared with all her morning glory. Fresh face. Sweet fragrance. Damp hair. She was totally seductive, well at least in Yonghwa’s eyes.

Sooyeon noticed his brother’s gaze on Seohyun. She just shook her head. She put the glove as she finished washing the dishes. “Watch out, bro. You almost drooling.” Sooyeon whispered as she passed Yonghwa.

Yonghwa cleared his throat and fought the urge to strangle his sister. “Oh.. Erm.. breakfast is ready.” Said Yonghwa to Seohyun.

“Thanks.” Said Seohyun flatly. Seems she still mad with Yonghwa.

When Seohyun had entered Yonghwa’s room, Sooyeon laughed hard, “Oh my God! Never in my life i pity my brother like this!”

“Sooyeon-ah!” Yonghwa warned.

“Look, Oppa! She mad at you! She might think that you don’t interested on her.”

“I do interested on her, but i want to respect her.”

“Aish! You make me frustrated. As long as you don’t make her cry, i think it’s okay.” Said Sooyeon, “Go settle your problem. I’ll wake Soojung up.”

 

***

 

They were on a silent war since morning. Yonghwa showered Seohyun with full affection but Seohyun didn’t budge. At first, Sooyeon wanted to laughed at Yonghwa. But as soon as his face darkened, Sooyeon felt hurt too. He was his brother after all. She had no heart to look at his sad face.

Seohyun’s silent treatment was happen in the car too when they were heading to FNC. Yonghwa kept accompany her even though Seohyun mostly ignore him. He still took care of her. Even though Seohyun wasn’t in the mood, she took the vocal recording professionally. Jonghyun sensed that Seohyun wasn’t in a good mood but he shrugged it off. As long as Seohyun did the recording right, he had no problem at all.

“Well, how about we have lunch outside again?” Asked Jonghyun to cheer up the atmosphere.

“I’m sick, Jonghyun ssi. Just go with Yonghwa Oppa if you want to eat outside.” Said Seohyun.

“Aigoo. I’ll ask for another company, then. I’m not interested in man.” He joked.

Seohyun just nodded.

Jonghyun felt awkward.

“I’m sorry, Jonghyun ssi. Seohyun is little bit unwell right now.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ah, it’s alright. I’ll have my lunch by myself then. See you at one o’clock.” Said Jonghyun as he excuse himself.

As Jonghyun went out of studio, Yonghwa kneeled in front of Seohyun. “Seohyun-ah, please don’t be like this. I’m sorry, okay?” Yonghwa pleaded.

“Enough with ‘I’m sorry’. I’m sick of that words already.” Said Seohyun.

“So what you want me to do?” Asked Yonghwa helplessly.

“Nothing.”

“Seohyun-ah, please...” Yonghwa held her hands.

“I’m hungry. Buy me food.”

“Okay. What you want to eat?”

“Anything but salad. I’ll hate you for real if you buy me those damn salad.” She pouted.

Yonghwa knew that was not the right time to feel amused but damn! Seohyun looked really cute that he wanted to kiss her right there and then.

“Arraseo.” Yonghwa smiled and brushed her hair lovingly, “Rest well while i’m buying your lunch.”

 

Yonghwa back in fifteen minutes. He brought two portion of double cheese burgers and french fries. He knew this would brighten up this mood. He realized that it wasn’t good for her weight. He already planned a work out schedule for her. Seohyun could hate him later but not now.

Seohyun’s eyes brighten as she saw the burgers. She took it immediately then ate all of it. Yonghwa watched her eat with a gentle smile on his lips. He constantly wiped and gave her water.

“You don’t eat?” Asked Seohyun.

“Later.” Said Yonghwa.

Seohyun continued to finish her cheese burger. She ate all of the portion. “Thanks.” She said shortly.

“Anytime, My Princess.” Said Yonghwa.

Seohyun stunned. Did he just called her ‘My Princess’? Seohyun’s heart went dugeun-dugeun but seems that Yonghwa didn’t realize the effect he gave on her. Yonghwa just cleaned the used box of cheese burger casually.

Seohyun frowned and thought it was his prank to . She huffed and decided to learn her song again before she continued the recording.

 

***

 

“Wow! That’s great, Seohyun-ssi! I think enough for today.” Said Jonghyun.

“Thanks.” Seohyun bowed.

“Two more songs and just leave all the mixing and mastering to our team.”

“Thanks for your help, Jonghyun-ssi.”

“Aniya.. It’s great to produce a great piece with you.”

“So. I’ll leave now. Thanks.” Seohyun bowed. Yonghwa bowed to Jonghyun too and followed Seohyun.

Seohyun walked really fast. She just didn’t want to walk side by side with Yonghwa. She didn’t understand either why she acted so childish like this. The thing happened last night really made her upset.

“Seohyun-ah!” Yonghwa called, “Seohyun-ah wait!” Yonghwa finally caught her wrist.

“What?” Seohyun snapped.

“Till when you will act like this?”

“What are you talking about? I act like usual.” She released his grip on her harshly.

“No! This isn’t you!”

“Don’t act like you know me!”

“What? Fine! I admit i just being your manager for a while.” Yonghwa’s getting mad at her.

“Finally you realize that. So now bring me home! My apartment.” She emphasize.

“But it isn’t safe enough!”

“Why you must care?” She snapped.

“Seo Joohyun, enough!!!” Yonghwa said sternly.

Seohyun gasped. This was the first time Yonghwa called her with full name and with those cold tone. She almost cried when she heard him like that.

“Mwolla!” She ran to the road direction and halted a cab.

“Seo Joohyun! Stop!” Yonghwa ran for her but she was faster. She already gone by taxi.

Yonghwa groaned in frustration. He ran to the van. His hands trembled so much due to anger so that he couldn’t hold the key properly.

“!” Yonghwa cursed. After he successfully got in the van, he rode to Seohyun’s apartment in a full speed.

It took less than ten minutes for Yonghwa to reach Seohyun’s apartment. He ran to her unit and pressed the bell continuously.

“Seo Joohyun! Open the door!” He almost shouted.

There’s no answer so he decided to enter her apartment since he knew the passcode. The door successfully opened and Yonghwa stormed to her apartment.

“Seohyun!” He called.

No answer.

It frighten him. He ran all around the room. He searched in the kitchen, in her bedroom, in bathroom. But, she was no where to be found.

“Oh, My God. This can’t be happening!”

Yonghwa grabbed his phone and dialed her number. After a while, finally there was an answer. Thank God.

“Seohyun-ah, where are you? You know i’m worried sick that....”

“You are Yonghwa Oppa? Well, the caller ID said it’s you.” He heard someone answered. This was a woman voice but this wasn’t Seohyun.

“Who are you?”

The woman on the other line laughed, “Hmm.. i can’t tell.”

Yonghwa’s felt a chill ran down his spine. He sensed a bad news. “Where’s Seohyun?”

“Seohyun is safe with me... well, she will safe for a while.” That woman laughed maniacally. “I will have some fun with her.”

“Oppaaaa!! Help meee!!”

Yonghwa’s heart stop beating for a second. That was Seohyun’s voice!

“What the hell are you doing to her????” He screamed at the phone.

“Wooo chill!” Said that mysterious woman.

“You crazy woman! Tell me where is she??!! WHERE IS SEOHYUN?!!!”

“Hmm... like i will tell. But don’t worry, she will appear in no time.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Seohyun the top singer will appear on the head line news. What’s the good title? Hmm.. Oh! ‘Seohyun the rising star was found dead because of committing suicide’? That will be a hit!”

Yonghwa froze. He swore he almost dead that time. He remember all the treat directed to Seohyun. That wasn’t an empty prank. This crazy girl really intent to kill Seohyun? No... No way. NO ING WAY!!!

 

To be continued~

 


 

hope you enjoy this although this isn't happy chap hehehe

^^