Chapter 1

Love Is...

“What?” The young girl snapped. Her beautiful eyes widen in anger. “You don’t bring that clothes? How come? That’s the costume for my performance now!”

“I’m sorry, Seohyun Eonni. I’m sure that i’ve already bring your clothes.” The younger girl with short blonde hair bent her head low. She cursed herself for being forgetful.

“Yah, Lee Sunkyu! You called yourself manager? I don’t want you anymore. You’re fired!”

“Eonni!” She cried.

“Out!” Seohyun said.

“Seohyun ssi, standby on stage in ten minutes!” Someone from production team informed her.

Seohyun sighed. She had to be ready in ten minutes but her stupid manager forget to bring her clothes. She took a deep breath and finally stood. She only did a simple make up and she still wore her casual clothes. With full of confidence, she walked to the studio. The hell with her clothes. She need to be there. She need to perform no matter what. She was Seohyun, the famous rising star in Korea. She wouldn’t fail, whatever it takes.

 

***

 

SEOHYUN, THE RISING SINGER CHARMED HER FANS WITH CASUAL STYLE.

 

That headline spread all over media. Television, internet, magazine and newspaper. She closed her tab and folded her arm. Being casual was an accident. But well, people thought that Seohyun did that intentionally. Whatever! The most important thing that she did her performance successfully.

Seohyun tapped her feet impatiently. She was waiting for her boss to discuss certain things regarding her manager. Her management named SM Entertainment. It was a huge idol management. It was so hard to enter this management. But she did. She had to, to be exact. Since she needed to support her own life without her parents.

“Seohyun ssi, Lee Sooman Sajangnim have waited for you.” Sajangnim’s secretary woke her from her thought.

Seohyun smiled and nodded. She walked to her boss’ room. After she knocked it, she proceeded her way to his desk.

“Sajangnim.” She bowed to Sooman Sajangnim.

“Seohyun.” He greeted her, “Please have a seat.”

Seohyun sat in front of her. She looked at Sooman right in the eye. She never felt intimidated, even by her boss. She was quite brave and strong as 24 years old girl.

“I heard that you have fired your own manager.” Said Sooman.

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“She didn’t do her work properly. She didn’t prepare well for my performance. I’m sure that you have read the article, Sajangnim.”

“Yes, i have. So the reason you do your performance like that is because of your manager.”

“You can said so.”

“Even though you don’t have any right to fire someone, i will definitely do the same. But really, Seohyun, technically you can’t do that. Every manager in this company work for me, and fire them is under my responsibility and consent.”

“I’m sorry, Sajangnim.” Said Seohyun. But her tone didn’t show her sincerity.

“I know you don’t actually feel sorry. You’re quite stubborn and full of pride.” Said Sooman, “but you are tough and confident. That’s why i choose you.”

“Thank you.” Said Seohyun.

“Well, i just want to warn you to tone down. Be careful of yourself. Your personality can endanger you.”

“I understand.”

Sooman just shook his head at the younger girl in front of him. He knew that she wasn’t really listen to him. But in one year of her career as his artist, she never cause any trouble for the company. So he just let her be.

“One more thing. Since you don’t have manager, i already prepare several candidate for your new manager.”

Seohyun nodded, “Make sure that he or she is meticulous, discipline and can manage everything i need. I just don’t want the incident yesterday happen again.”

“Me too. It really affect this company image too.”

“And if it’s possible, i want manager and coordi in one.”

“Hmm.. that’s a hard request but i’ll try to find someone who meet your requirement.”

“Thank you very much.”

 

***

 

As Sooman promised, Seohyun was called to SM office to meet her new manager. She went straightly to one of the meeting room in SM office where the appointment is set. Seohyun opened the door and found someone already waited for her.

The person was a man. A quite good looking man for a manager. He was wearing a neat shirt and fitted pants. He had a straight black hair with his bang almost covered his eyes. The moment Seohyun entered the room, that man stood and bowed.

“Anyeong haseyo, Seohyun ssi. May i introduce myself. My name is Jung Yonghwa. I am assigned as your manager from now.” He said.

“Ah, ne. Seo Joohyun ibnida. But yeah, Seohyun is my stage name. Nice too meet you.” Seohyun shook his hand politely. “Please take a seat.”

Yonghwa sat again on his previous seat and Seohyun sat on the chair beside him.

“I just to warn you that it’s not easy to work with me. I believe the company have told you about your detail job desc.”

“Yes. I know. I’ll try my best.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh! I think we need to exchange phone number.” Said Seohyun.

“Ah, ne.”

Seohyun saved his number to her phone and Yonghwa did the same. That was the basic thing to do, right.

“Hmm.. i’m sorry but how old are you, Yonghwa ssi?” Asked Seohyun.

“I’m 26 years old.”

“Oh, you are two years older than me. Okay, i’m looking forward to work with you, Yonghwa Oppa.”

“Pardon me?” Yonghwa frowned. He was kind of surprised that Seohyun call him casually.

“Sorry. You don’t mind if i call you Oppa, right? Or..”

“Aniyo. I’m fine.”

“Okay, so what’s my schedule for today?”

“Yes, I already check your schedule for today. You have SBS variety show recording in 10 am, after that you have to attend a charity event. Then photo shoot and CF filming until 11 pm. Now it’s 8.30 am so we have get ready to SBS now.”

“Perfect! Let’s go.” Said Seohyun. She grabbed her bag and Yonghwa followed behind her.

 

Yonghwa assisted her to get to her personal van. He let Seohyun got in first then hopped to the driver seat.

“Fasten your seatbelt, Seohyun ssi.” Said Yonghwa.

“Ah, ne.” Said Seohyun, “By the way Oppa, since we will work together, can’t you just call me by name?”

“Ehm.. but i think it’s impolite.” Said Yonghwa.

“Aniya. Call me Seohyun! Palli.”

“Okay, Seo... Seohyun..” Yonghwa stuttered.

“That’s good!” Said Seohyun, “Oppa, do you buy me goguma and ice americano?”

“Ne. It’s on the paper bag beside you.” Said Yonghwa.

“Omo! Oppa jjang!” Seohyun grabbed the brown paper bag. Indeed, there was steamed goguma and ice americano inside. “How could you know my favorite?”

“It’s my job to know everything about you.” Said Yonghwa while driving.

Seohyun nodded in approval. “Thanks. I like you already.” She said as she sipped her americano.

 

***

 

“Seohyun ssi get ready in ten minutes.” The TV staff informed her.

“Ne!” Seohyun answered. She was already dressed and had her make up.

Who would thought that the one who picked her dress and did the make up for her was her manager, Yonghwa. He really had all of skill that Seohyun needed. He could manage well and could dress her up in gorgeous style.

“Oppa! I’m seldom being impressed by someone. But i really amazed at your work.” Said Seohyun.

“I work in this kind of field since i was young. So i really know what i have to do.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh! Since when?” Asked Seohyun.

“Since i was 15.”

“What? How could you work at that such young age?” Asked Seohyun.

“Seohyun ssi! Standby at studio now!” The staff informed her again.

“Okay.” Seohyun answered, “I’m going, Yonghwa Oppa!”

“Ne. Do your best, Seohyun.” Said Yonghwa and bowed a little.

   

***

 

Her first schedule for that day was finished and now she was on her way to the charity event. It was held in Seoul Hospital. Seohyun was invited to sing in front of the children who had a severe illness. He leaned on her seat as Yonghwa played a music.

“Omo! How could you know that i like CNBLUE?” Asked Seohyun.

“As i said before, it’s my job to know everything about you.” Yonghwa answered, “Ah, by the way when we reach Seoul hospital, you will visit the children right away. So please have your lunch now. It’s on the paper bag beside you.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oh! Thanks.” Seohyun grabbed the paper bag and took her lunch. It was a piece of chicken and salad. “Aigoo.. you even know my daily diet food. I’m secretly hope that you prepare hamburger and a large portion of french fries.”

Yonghwa chuckled, “Of course no, Seohyun. You must maintain your body.” Said Yonghwa.

“Aigoo! I don’t like you for this.” Said Seohyun as he munched her salad.

Yonghwa just laughed softly at her response.

“Ah! I remember! I asked you about why you have worked since you are 15. You haven’t answered me.”

“Hmm.. Should i answer that?” Yonghwa asked her back.

“Why? You don’t want to tell me? It’s alright.”

“Aniya. It isn’t a pleasant story. I bet you won’t hear that.”

“Just try.” Said Seohyun nonchalantly.

“My mother once a coordi back then. Since my father past away when i was 15 years old, i insist my mother to take me to her work place and let me do something to help her.” Said Yonghwa, “Fortunately, the company let me to work there, because my mother had worked there for a long time and she had lost her husband too. We need more money so i help her. I learn a lot of things since then.”

“Oh... i start to become a trainee when i was 15 too.” Said Seohyun.

“I know.” Said Yonghwa.

“Tsk! No fun! You already know about me.” Said Seohyun, “And, Your mother still work as a coordi?”

“No. She has passed away five years ago.”

“Oh. Sorry.” Said Seohyun. She didn’t feel bitter. To be left alone in this world wasn’t something new for her.

Yonghwa sensed that Seohyun reacted so casually when he said that his mother passed away. Usually, people would say sorry sincerely and tried to console him. But Seohyun didn’t do that. There must be something in her past. Yonghwa was given a complete information about Seohyun from the company but it didn’t consist of her past story.

“It’s okay.” Said Yonghwa. “It’s a long time ago, after all. I’m getting used to this.”

“Yes, you will. I’m used to it very long time ago. It’s bitter at first but now i can’t feel anything anymore.” Seohyun said. She was like talked to herself than to Yonghwa.

“Pardon me?” Asked Yonghwa. His curiosity towards this famous singer was raised.

“Hmm? Aniya.” Said Seohyun and she sipped her mineral water.

Yonghwa nodded and just drove the van. He left the conversation and decided to not insist Seohyun to tell him more. He was sure that Seohyun had a bad past too. He wanted to know. He wanted to help her because he knew very well the bitterness of life. Maybe he could lessen her pain. But he realized that he only her manager. It was inappropriate to intrude her personal life any further.

“We’ve arrived.” Yonghwa announced.

“Okay.” Seohyun put on her shade and got of from the van.

Yonghwa brought her clothes and make up kit with him. He followed closely beside her and lead her to one of the room that had already prepared for her.

“This is your clothes. Wear this and when you finish tell me. I’ll touch up your hair and your make up.” Said Yonghwa then he went outside.

Seohyun nodded and changed her outfit. It was a simple white dress and really suitable for the event. She nodded in approval. His taste was so good and match hers too. After she wore the dress then she open the door.

“Oppa, i’m done.” Said Seohyun.

“Okay.” Yonghwa followed her inside and ask her to sit. He brushed her hair and applied a hair spray. He touched up her make up, gave a loose powder and pink lip gloss. “Done!”

“Thanks.” Said Seohyun. “Where should i go now?”

“This way.” Yonghwa walked her to the hall where the children who were hospitalized there already waiting for her.

As Seohyun entered the hall, all children were cheering for her. They shout, “Seohyun eonni!”, “Seohyun noona!”. Seohyun bowed and smiled at them. She got to the stage in the front of the hall. She waved and grabbed the microphone.

“Good afternoon, everyone. How are you?” She asked.

“Fine!” The children answered altogether.

“Seohyun ibnida!” She said, “Hmm.. do you know the song called ‘Tinker Bell’? Can you sing together with me?”

“Yes!” They answered.

“Okay.. Let’s sing!” Said Seohyun.

They began to sing. Her voice was so soft and so angelic. All the children waved their hands and even sang along. There were a lot of Seohyun’s fans among those kids. Yonghwa was watching her from behind. He had heard her voice and he also loved her song. Seohyun was smiling, Seohyun was beautiful. But Yonghwa suddenly felt sadness when he looked at her. He was sure, she had trough a lot in her life.

“Well, that’s all for me! I hope you keep on your spirit! Get well soon and become a beautiful idol like me.” She said to cheered the children.

“Nee!!”

“Take care! Bye bye!”

Seohyun bowed and waved. She walked to Yonghwa then Yonghwa escorted her to the van in the basement. On the way to their van, so many people came to her and wanted to take the picture of her. It made her hard to walk.

“I’m sorry. Please give a way.” Said Yonghwa. He hugged Seohyun closely on his side, protected her from the fans who was too close with her.

“Can i take the picture?”

“Seohyun look here!”

“Yah! Let me touch her!”

The crowded got even hectic.

“Oppa, just give them some photo session.” Seohyun whispered on Yonghwa.

“No. You have to go to CF filming location.” Said Yonghwa.

“Just a bit? So the crowd will lessen.”

Yonghwa considered it for a while, “Okay, five minutes.”

Seohyun stood there and accept her fans request to take a photo with her. Yonghwa watched her closely to make sure that the fans didn’t hurt her. He constantly check his watch to keep her schedule on time. After five minutes, Yonghwa approached her and excuse themselves.

“I’m sorry, but we have to catch another schedule. Thank you for the love for uri Seohyun.” Yonghwa said and bowed to all of the people.

“Thank you.” Said Seohyun.

Yonghwa let Seohyun walked first then he followed her behind. He held her arm to protect her from the fans who didn’t satisfy and want to take a picture again.

“Sorry. Please give her a space.” Said Yonghwa.

The crowd finally left them and just waved. Seohyun sighed and held into Yonghwa’s arm. Yonghwa took a glance at her and patted her shoulder. Seohyun felt his gesture, she looked up and smiled at him.

Yonghwa held Seohyun and opened the van door for her. Seohyun hopped in and leaned on her seat. She just looked out the window and didn’t say anything. Yonghwa grabbed the mineral water on the back seat and gave it to her.

“Here, you must be thirsty.” Said Yonghwa then he closed the passenger door and hopped to his seat in the front. He started the engine and drove them to the next destination. 

“Sometimes i feel so tired.” Said Seohyun.

“Why?” Asked Yonghwa.

“The crowds.. people who always come to me.. sometimes i feel so annoyed.”

“It means that they love you. You are Seohyun, the famous singer after all.”

“Yes. They come to me just because i’m famous right? You say they love me? I don’t think so.”

“Your fans there because they love you right?”

“I’m tired Yonghwa Oppa. I’m going to sleep for a while, wake me up when we have arrived.”

Yonghwa knew that Seohyun avoided about this topic. He was curious even more. Which idol who hate her fans? Maybe Seohyun did. The talk about fans seems didn’t fascinate her. Yonghwa tried to shrugged it of from now. Maybe Seohyun would tell him about this later.

 

***

    

Seohyun now on her CF filming location. It was for cosmetic product. She was dressed in white gown just like an angel. She smiled beautifully with a soft make up on her face. She was voted with the most beautiful idol with the natural beauty. So, this cosmetic brand chose her as the model. Seohyun had been doing the photo shoot and filming short CF for long five hours non stop. The smile on her face never faded and she did all the filming professionally.   

Yonghwa had just get back to the filming location to buy her dinner. He looked at the watch, it was said 8 pm but the crew haven’t give a break yet. He decided to wait for a while. If the Director didn’t give the break yet, he would ask it. Fortunately, the Director announced that they will have a break for thirty minutes.

Yonghwa approached Seohyun immediately, “Come on. I’ve bought you the dinner.”

“Ah! Thank God! I’m so damn hungry.” Said Seohyun.

She grabbed Yonghwa’s hand for support because she felt so weak. Yonghwa held her and help her to walk and they sat on the couch in the corner of the studio. Yonghwa handed her the box. Seohyun opened it and groaned.

“What? Only salad? Are you trying to kill me??” She snapped.

“It’s bad for you to eat a high calorie food at night. You’re face will be bloated in the morning and of course you will gain weight.” Said Yonghwa.

“Oppa! I hate you! I’m so dead hungry and i’m feeling like fainting!” Seohyun looked at the other box, “What’s that?”

“Erm.. that’s my dinner.” Said Yonghwa.

Seohyun opened the box and squealed. It was double cheese burger with large portion of curly fries. “Oh my God! This is not fair!” She groaned, “I don’t care! Switch you dinner with mine!”

“But, Seohyun! You will gain weight!”

“I’ll work out after this!”

“Seohyun!”

“What??? I said i’ll work out after this, okay? You don’t know how hungry i am right now!”

“Okay. Okay! Split it into two. You’ll eat half of cheese burger and half salad.”

Yonghwa looked straightly in Seohyun’s eyes. He meant it. He already compromised about her food and give her no choice than obeyed him. Seohyun actually wanted to eat the whole cheese burger portion but she couldn’t say no to Yonghwa’s words. That was strange! How could Yonghwa make Seohyun felt so intimidated? This guy was something.

“Fine!” She huffed and eat her dinner.

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun. He felt sorry for her but well, it was his responsibility to take a good care of her.

Her CF filming ended at 11.30 pm. Although it was a short thirty seconds commercial and a few photos for poster, it took a lot of time and session. Seohyun walked to the van tiredly with Yonghwa beside her. Seohyun didn’t say anything and just slumped herself to the back seat. She dozed off as soon as Yonghwa the car and went home.

 

“Seohyun.. Seohyun.. Wake up. We’ve arrived in your apartment.” Yonghwa shook Seohyun’s body gently.

“Hng?” Seohyun opened her eyes and tried to focus.

“We’ve arrived. Come on. I’ll walk you to your apartment.”

“Okay..” Seohyun yawn, wide open. It was just Yonghwa who saw he like this. Seohyun didn’t care.

Yonghwa grabbed her bag and walked her inside. He held her to prevent her from falling because she hadn’t fully awake yet. They went to elevator and he pressed ‘4’ button. They headed to room 401. Then Yonghwa keyed her apartment pass code. Yes he knew it.

“Sleep well, Seohyun. I’ll pick you up at 9 am.” Said Yonghwa.

“Okay. Good night. Thanks, Oppa.” Said Seohyun and waved absentmindedly.

“Good night.” Yonghwa bowed and left her.

 

***

 

Yonghwa had arrived in SM Entertainment early in the morning. He had to check all Seohyun’s need for her schedule today. He check her daily diet meal and her work out portion that she should take. It was still seven in the morning and he had plenty of time before he picked up Seohyun. He made a cup of coffee and before he sipped it, his phone rang. It was Seohyun.

“Yeoboseyo?” Yonghwa answered his phone.

“Oppa.. Oppa.. please come here now. Palli!” Seohyun’s voice shook. She sound so afraid.

“What happen?” Asked Yonghwa.

“Oppa, i’m scared. Someone send me something... something scary. Oh my God, just come here!”

“Okay! Okay! I’ll go now. Wait for me and make sure you locked your door.” Said Yonghwa. He hung the phone and dashed to Seohyun’s place in no time.

 

To be Continued~


 

Hi this is meluvyuya!! i'm back with new story.. hehehe

this story is inspired based on 'You who come from the stars' drama. i really like that drama so much!

yonghwa here is just like do minjoon who protect cheon song yi (seohyun) really well. but the difference, yonghwa isn't alien here. hahaha.

okay, hope you enjoy this!