Second Beat

Missing Beat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[kyle's notes] don't get me wrong.. i haven't found a job yet.. just enjoying my vacation first before facing the world of unemployment hahaha :D

warning: LOTS of ERRORS ahead

 

 

 

 

“Now, that hurts. What are you—argh! You’re hurting me!” So Min yelled whilst trying to break free from Hyun Joong’s compressing force on her wrist.

 

 

 

He faced her when they were somewhere in the middle of the hallway, far from where they left Si Wan. He vehemently threw her wrist, “I’m hurting you? I am?! Then what about what you were doing??!”

 

 

 

She glared at him, “What was that?”

 

 

 

“HA!” he breathed. “You were dancing in the middle of the crowd, looking oh-so happy with everyone else staring at you.” His glares were sharp and piercing. Scary to the point that So Min could feel it passing through her soul. “Do you know what they were talking about? Did you hear what they were saying? They were whispering about how a newlywed like you could act flirtatiously in front of everyone and in front of the husband too.” He made sure she noted the sarcasm rising within him. “I don’t really care about your affairs outside this marriage. Oh, let me correct that,” he narrowed his eyes at her. “I don’t really care about you.” He advanced a few steps forward into which she partnered with backward ones until her back hit the wall. “Reality check, you are married. To me,” he breathed on her neck. “And if you’re going to stay with the label of being my wife, I won’t accept hearing any gossips related to the improper acts of my low-class bride putting shame on my name.”

 

 

 

So Min could only stare at his shoulder— the only part her eyes could reach given that he is way taller than she is in spite of the heels. So after all the scenes he caused, it all falls down on his reputation.

 

Sayings? Whispers Gossips? Not allowed on his dictionary. He lives a peaceful life. Very peaceful. Until she came. Not that she wanted to, but the situation didn’t give her any choice.

 

 

 

Improper acts? Low-class?

 

 

 

She wanted to object. She wanted to defend her pride that he insulted so badly. But how was she going to do that when she thought he had the least benefits from this nonsensical marriage?

 

 

 

Unsaid anger. Offended self-esteem.

 

 

 

The unreleased burden inside her wanted to explode, but with her restraining it, she felt like she’d breakdown right there and then.

 

 

 

Several gasps were heard at the end of the hallway which made the two shift their gazes. Giggles from Hyun Joong’s parents and other guests were heard next as they watched them.

 

 

 

 “Oops! Sorry!” his mother said when they noticed So Min and Hyun Joong looking at them.

 

 

 

“Seems like your son couldn’t wait any longer,” a guest commented.

 

 

 

“Off to the honeymoon!” another one said and they all cheered about their false assumptions.

 

 

 

So Min and Hyun Joong’s position on the wall made it actually look like they were making out when in reality, they were having a glaring contest.

 

 

 

Hyun Joong groaned inwardly and separated from So Min.

 

 

 

“Okay, okay!” Chelsea Kim surrendered. “We won’t say anything. Stop glaring at us already!” she giggled. “We won’t say that we saw you on the act of ravaging your bride hihihi!”

 

 

 

“What the hell, mom?!” Ravaging? That could be right but yeah, ravaging literally and not in the way people think that a normal couple should do.

 

 

 

Normal.

 

 

 

Oh yes, so now, they are one abnormal couple.

 

 

 

“Excuse me. I have to go to the comfort room,” So Min bowed and walked away, not giving another glance at them. It was embarrassing enough not to be able to defend herself from the rage of her husband. Must they add to her shame by thinking they didn’t have much control and just made out in the hallway?

 

 

 

She slammed the door shut and washed her face in the sink.

 

 

 

‘No! No! No tears! Jung So Min! You know better than that!’ she reminded herself. “That’s right. No tears.” She looked at her reflection and thought of the things and how she ended up being there, feeling like a prisoner with Hyun Joong being the police officer interrogating her and laying rules on the table for her every move.

 

 

 

Damn this life!

 

 

 

She never wanted this and if she could, she would trade her soul for the events to be changed.

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re getting married!!” his father shouted. “And that’s final!”

 

“But daddy, I—”

 

“I said that’s final.”

 

She looked at her mother pleadingly, trying to communicate through the eyes to help her.

 

Elvie Jung shook her head. “I’m so sorry, daughter. We have to sell all our business to them. Or we won’t be able to start our new life. We need that money.”

 

“And me? What about me, mom? You’re just gonna trade me as though I’m a pet that they’d like to have? This is marriage we’re talking about. Don’t you know how sacred that is?! And that branch you’re starting is in Georgia! Ever considered of taking me there with you?” her tears began to fall.

 

How could her parents do this to her? To them? They were practically ruining their family. All for that darn business merge. All for money. Business—why did it have to be all about this?

 

“You agreed to the proposition of them buying your shares in your own business in exchange of marrying off your daughter?! Heck, I don’t even know that man!!”

 

“Alvin!!” her mother yelled when Mr. Jung slapped So Min. “Don’t hurt her!!” she held his arms.

 

“You don’t talk that way to your mother! Ungrateful child!!” he pointed his index finger sharply at her. “I have the final say. And if I say you’re getting married, that’s final and nothing that comes out from your mouth would change that.”

 

So Min looked at her father with pleading eyes. She shifted her gaze at her mother who was crying like her. So that was it? Did they even give her a choice?

 

She rubbed her left cheek that her father hit. “I—I wish you well.” She bowed and began running away. “Goodbye,” was her last word before leaving their home. Home? Yeah right.

 

She kept on running with endless tears. She didn’t know where her destination should be, but she knew she had to come back or her parents wouldn’t forgive her. Even though she was mad and she didn’t want to pursue this nonsense, she didn’t have the heart to disobey them. After all, they have sacr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter