Monsters of the Maze

Trapped in the Maze

"Jaehwan, why did we stop?"  Jaehwan tried to answer, but he was mute and instead shook his head.  Unfortunately, Wonsik was blind and couldn't see him shake his head.  Jaehwan tugged on the hem of Taekwoon's shirt, hoping to get the older's attention.  Taekwoon turned to see what the two were on about.  Turning, he inspected the wall that had been a passage just a moment ago.  It was solid.  The maze indeed had changed.

"Ah, I forgot you can't talk Jaehwan.  Taekwoon, why did we stop?"  Wonsik asked, awaiting a response that never came.  Wonsik blindly put out a hand to feel for Taekwoon and figure out where he was.  The blonde rapper was even more confused when he found the singer right next to him.  Taekwoon looked at the rapper with clear confusion.

.
"Didn't you hear me?"  Wonsik asked.  It was then that Jaehwan turned wide eyed to the other singer. 


He hadn't heard him because Taekwoon was deaf.


Now Jaehwan was worried.  He could see the situation, but he couldn't tell either of them.  Taekwoon could see and speak, but he couldn't hear anything to respond.  Wonsik could hear and speak, but couldn't see anything that was going on.  Their team dynamic was going to get interesting really fast.  Especially when Taekwoon turned around and uttered one word.

"Run."


Elsewhere in the maze, Hyuk and Hongbin had just finished running.


"You're lucky you can't see anything.  What the was that?"  Hongbin gasped, feeling out of breath.  Hyuk nodded but didn't speak since he was gasping for air.  The being hadn't told them there were other things in the maze with them.  She also didn't tell them that the maze changed.  How were they supposed to get out at this rate? 


"Hongbin, what if Hakyeon is dead?"  Hyuk asked the taboo question.  None of them wanted to think of Hakyeon dead, but with the creatures of the maze you can only run for so long.  There was no way to fight them either.  It wasn't fight or flight.  It was run or die.


"Don't ask about that, Hyukkie.  Hakyeon is fine.  He's just around the corner somewhere."  It was suddenly that Hongbin realized that he wasn't just trying to convince Hyuk, but he was trying to convince himself too.  Hakyeon had to be alright.  Why would they be in the maze if he weren't? However, the creature at the gate had omitted information about creatures in the maze, maybe she had left out information about their leader as well.


Hongbin was shaken out of his thoughts as he heard their maknae's soft sobs.  The younger pressed his back against the wall and slid down, curling inwards on himself. "I caused all of this.  I shouldn't have been so cruel."  He yelled in between sobs, his voice going hoarse. "If Hakyeon is dead then it's all my fault."  Hongbin hugged the younger dark haired boy, trying to convince him that none of this was his fault.  How would the boy have known that the bracelet was magic?  Hongbin himself wouldn't have believed it himself.


Although it was a touching moment, they both froze as the ground once again shook.  Giant footsteps and they were coming their way.  At the end of the long passageway was  a giant.  It's green skin looked as if it were coated with toxic waste.  It's had eyes as red as blood, muscles that could easily grind their bones to dust, and teeth as sharp as razor blades.  Hongbin got up as fast as he could, dragging Hyuk with him as the monster stomped towards them.  At least this giant wasn't especially fast like the last one had been.  However, it was still right behind the two.  


Hyuk tripped.  Not being able to see where you're running makes the normally simple task entirely too difficult.  Hongbin grabbed the boy and jumped to the side right as the hideous monster brought down its heavy foot.  The two scrambled back a few more steps, knowing they couldn't run anymore.


The visual closed his eyes and braced himself for the blow.  The giant brought up its arm.  Hyuk was silently sobbing beside him, knowing that they were going to die.  There were so many people they wished they could say goodbye to.


Taekwoon, Wonsik, and Jaehwan were all trying to catch their breath.  Turning multiple corners in the maze they had finally lost the creature.  Along the way they had stayed alert in hopes that they would find Hongbin, Hyuk, or even Hakyeon.  However, with the creature right on their tail and the walls of the maze continuously shifting, they figured their chances of bumping into any of them were slim.  


The group was silent.  Communication between them was difficult and next to impossible.  Jaehwan was normally the voice of the group, but with no voice it was oddly and uncomfortably silent.  Every now and then Wonsik would comment about their situation, but Jaehwan couldn't respond and Taekwoon wasn't paying any attention.

 
"Do you think Hyuk and Hongbin are alright?"  The rapper asked, not expecting an answer.  


Taekwoon watched how the rapper spoke and read his lips so he could finally understand him.  


"I'm sure they're okay."  Taekwoon answered.  Both Jaehwan and Wonsik turned their confused gazes towards him.  That was one thing that Taekwoon would never get used to.  He was silent, not stupid.  He was hardworking and words weren't always necessary.  Why should he fill their practice room with unnecessary chatter when Hakyeon and Jaehwan spoke enough for all of them together?


'Do you think they found Hakyeon?' Jaehwan mouthed.  Taekwoon only shrugged.  He honestly hoped that they two had found the missing dancer and they were waiting safely at the center of the maze for them.  However, that was wishful thinking.


Taekwoon ran a hand through his long sweaty hair.  He was regretting having it long but that was his style for the Hyde promotions. How would anyone know that he'd be in this situation?  Wonsik looked equally disheveled.  He sat against the cold, grey wall and stared blankly ahead. 


Taekwoon watched as Jaehwan and Wonsik jerked their head in the direction of some sound.  However, soon after, Taekwoon didn't need to hear the sound.  He could feel the ground shake below them.  Something big was moving their direction.


So I completely forgot to update this.  The whole story is written out I just have to unhide the chapters.  Why didn't anyone remind me? I'm so sorry.  Anyway, thank you to my wonderful subbies! I love all of you.  My commenters as well!  You guys make my day!

<3 Kitamea