The Maze is Never Easy

Trapped in the Maze

"Did I make it," Wonsik asked the mysterious voice.  The pregnant pause that engulfed the room made Wonsik's heart stop.  What if he had missed his opportunity to save all of them?  If he missed Taekwoon, then he only did so by mere seconds.

The silence was engulfing them.

Wonsik's heart beat faster with the realization that the silence might mean that he failed.

The rapper's hand darted out to confirm that the singer was still present.

"You may all leave."  The voice echoed off the walls.  The shiny red bricks faded back into hard grey concrete.  Jaehwan and Taekwoon could feel the pressure that kept their legs immobile be released.  Wonsik let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding

He had made it to Taekwoon in time.  

"Well that was interesting." Taekwoon grabbed Wonsik by the arm and led him to the nearest corridor.

Jaehwan stood there shocked.

Taekwoon certainly had an interesting perspective on the situation.

"Jaehwan, you need to stay close!"  Wonsik called, causing the other singer to jog after them.

Jaehwan was confused.  Was he the only one who was shaken due to their almost dying?

 

 

Hongbin panicked as the wall seemingly opened up to swallow the maknae.  The concrete turned into a liquid goo and pulled the boy in sharply, leaving only a moment for the visual to take hold of the maknae's hand.  Hongbin barely had a good grasp.  In turn, his arm was also pulled into the wall up to his shoulder.  He refused to let go though.  He wasn't about to let his little brother fall to what would probably be his demise.

Hongbin turned to see a creature turn the corner. Why now of all times?  The monster slowly aproached as if toying with its prey.  It was covered in black chains and its skin was an ash black.  The monster's shoulders were broad.  They were broad enough that Hongbin had to hear the metallic scraping sound of something being dragged before he ever saw it.

As it got closer, Hongbin could finally see the giant black steele sword being dragged along the concrete ground.  Hongbin's eyes widened as he saw the blade.  He tried to pull Hyuk out of the wall as fast as he could, but it seemed as if he were stuck.  This is how I die, huh?  Hongbin could feel his body shaking.  There was no way he could escape anymore.  He clenched his eyes shut and waited for the blow.

 

It never came.

 

Hongbin opened his eyes and noticed that the monster had seemingly vanished into thin air.  Taking the rare opportunity that the maze had spared him, he began to pull up Hyuk.  Slowly but surely, the maknae returned from whatever demension he had come from.  Although, it seemed that Hyuk was determined to bring something with him.

"I found Hakyeon!"  Hyuk let out a shuddering breath as the blindness once again returned to him.  Hongbin froze for a moment and let those words sink in.  They found Hakyeon. They could get out of this hellish maze.  Once Hyuk was completely free from the trap, Hongbin switched his grip and grasped the tan arm that began to emerge.  With a final pull, all of them were sprawled out on the ground.  Including their missing leader.

", it he even alive?"  Hongbin asked as he watched the unmoving body of the red head.  That question sent Hyuk into a panic.

"He has to be alive."  The maknae crawled around, feeling for Hakyeon before finally finding him. "Hakyeon, you can't be dead. We found you.  You have to wake up now!"  Hyuk was crying. Hongbin crawled over and watched the leader's chest rise and fall slightly.  Hakyeon was alive.

"Hyukkie, it's okay.  He's breathing."  Hongbin cooed gently. The maknae turned to him in shock before the tears really started.  However, these were tears of relief. Hyuk grasped a hold of Hakyeon's shirt and leaned into him, crying on his chest.  

"Hakyeon, I'm so sorry you had to be here alone.  We're going to get you out, okay?"  Hyuk cried.  He started lifting up the leader's body on one side as Hongbin reached under the red head's other side.  Hyuk had seemingly caught his second wind.  The boy couldn't walk fast enough to get to the center of the maze now.  

Hongbin, however, could tell something was wrong with his body.  It's movements had become sluggish.  The visual was feeling naseous and light headed.

 

Jaehwan, Taekwoon, and Wonsik walked along the corridor in their usual silence.  The three of them were exhaused.  They had apted to only go straight in the maze and avoid any turns.  That is, until the maze forced them to turn.  It was strange.  It was like this one path was protected.  Jaehwan remembered seeing a monster down another pathway run at them, but as soon as it had reached the passage where they were, it had stopped.  

The silent singer had followed behind the other two and watched his other two companions.  Taekwoon was doing a good job of leading Wonsik through the maze.  It was suddenly that something caught the corner of the singer's eye. 

Blood.

Jaehwan grabbed the back of Taekwoon's shirt to force him to stop and pointed at the crimson trail. Not only was it blood, but it was a lot of blood.  Even in this hellish maze, it was out of the ordinary to see blood.

"What is it?"  Wonsik asked, "Why did we stop?"

"Blood."  Wonsik wasn't sure if Taekwoon just didn't like the sight of blood or if he had been paying attention to answer, but now he knew what was going on. He could feel Taekwoon lead him in another direction, presumably in the direction that the blood was.  Wonsik wasn't sure that following a trail of blood would be the best option for their health.

Jaehwan didn't think of the situation that way though.  He knew that all six of them would be unable to hurt any of the monsters so the blood had to be from one of the six of them.  It had to lead them to Hyuk, Hongbin, or maybe even Hakyeon.  The singer grimaced.  The amount of blood that was on the ground was severe.  Whoever it was is seriously injured.  Turning one more corner and Jaehwan's eyes widened with surprise.

All three of the other member's were there.  Hyuk, Hongbin, and Hakyeon were all there.  Hongbin and Hakyeon were both seated against the wall.  Hyuk was in front of them shaking Hongbin to keep him awake.  The blind boy could hear footsteps approaching and tensed up.  Jaehwan realized just how vulnerable Hyuk must feel in that position and pointed at him for Taekwoon to see.

"Hyuk, it's us.  Wonsik, Taekwoon, and Jaehwan.  Don't be afraid."  Taekwoon called in his soft voice.  Jaehwan approached Hyuk and put an arm around his shoulders.

"Hongbin's hurt, I don't know what to do."  Hyuk cried, burrying his face into Jaehwan's shoulder.  

"Hyukkie, come here.  It'll be alright."  Wonsik took a seat next to thier missing leader.  He knew that the both of them being blind would be little help to the other two.  Hyuk followed Wonsik's voice and instead cried into his shoulder. Wonsik just wrapped his arms around the maknae and let him cry.  

"," Taekwoon cursed as he looked at Hongbin's back.  There was a giant gash spanning from his left shoulder to his right hip. It was a deep cut.  Based on how long the trail went on, he had continued walking quite a ways before collapsing.  With a wound that deep, Hongbin shouldn't have been able to walk at all.

"Hyuk, how was Hongbin walking if he was hurt?" Taekwoon asked the question that was on Jaehwan's mind.

"He said he didn't feel it." Hyuk explained in between sniffles.  

There it was.  That was what Hongbin had given up.  His sense of feeling.  The boy had no idea he was injured in the first place.

Taewoon squatted down as Jaehwan help put the injured boy on his back. They needed to reach the center of the maze before Hongbin died.

Wonisk sense what was happening and helped Hyuk up.  "Come on, Hyuk.  It's time we all  get out of here."  Wonsik grabbed under one of Hakyeon's arms as Jaehwan reached under the other side.

"You know, Hakyeon.  Now would be a good time to wake up from your beauty sleep."  Wonsik frowned.  There was no response.  

They e more corner and there it was.  The beaconing light of the center of the maze.  Jaehwan and Taekwoon, the only two who could see, wanted to sprint towards it, but they couldn't with their unconcious band mates.  They all received a jolt as giant footsteps made the ground shake.  They were approaching from behind them. 

Of course, nothing was ever easy in the maze.


Okay, here's my early update.  There are only two chapters left!  It's so sad.  I hope that you all are enjoying the story!  Please please please comment!  :)  They're my favorites.  I like knowing how you guys are feeling.  Until next time!

<3 Kitamea