Alone

Trapped in the Maze

A sudden cough alerted the boys that Hakyeon was waking up.  Jaehwan and Wonsik hurriedly leaned him against the wall.  The footsteps were still coming so Hakyeon waking up now was both a blessing and a curse.  The red head's eyes fluttered open, slowly adjusting to the light.  He winced, as he tried to see everything around him.  What was going on?

"Hakyeon?"  He heard a voice.  Was that Wonsik?  Finally his vision cleared and he could see the blonde rapper's worried face in front of him.  Hakyeon brought a hand up to his aching head.  What train had hit him?

"Hyung?"  Hyuk asked scared.  Hakyeon turned towards the scared maknae.  The boy's face was covered in tears and flushed red from all the crying.  Hakyeon reached up to brush off the tears when Hyuk jumped at him and embraced him in a tight hug.  "Hakyeon, I'm so glad you're alright!"  Hyuk was nearing another breakdown but Takwoon's voice cut through their reunion moment.

"Guys, we need to go now."  Looking behind them, they could see a giant centipede creature approach them.  Every step it took would cause a hole in the ground with its needle like legs.  It's face however was hidden behind a simple white mask.  It slowly stalked towards the boys.  It's entire body took up the corridor, leaving no space to go around it or escape.  

"Run!"  Taekwoon yelled.  Like that, all of the boys took off sprinting.  The centipede creature sprinted after them.  Its many legs were easily able to keep up with all of them.  Taekwoon led the rear.  He was still carrying Hongbin which was slowing him down.  With the end in sight, he wasn't about to let the injured boy down. The monster gave a horrifying roar, but Taekwoon wasn't going to look behind him.  He didn't want to know how close the creature truly was to him.  

It all happened so fast that he could hardly comprehend what was happening.  One moment, he was running and the next he was on his back staring at the creature.  Through all the adrenaline, he could barely feel one of the sharp legs pierce him through the stomach.  He coughed, feeling the blood dribble down his chin.  Looking up, he could see Jaehwan running back towards him.  You idiot.

"Run, Jaehwan."  Was all Taekwoon could manage with his dying breath.  

Jaehwan watched the scene in front of him.  He wanted to scream when he witnessed the creature step on Taekwoon and killing him.  Taekwoon had told him to run with his dying breath, but Jaehwan knew it was too late.  He would never be able to out run the creature now.  

Jaehwan let himself cry.  They were almost at the end.  They were so close to escaping.  He looked back to see Hakyeon turned towards him as he helped the two blind members go towards the end.  Jaehwan pointed towards the end.  Hakyeon looked as if he wanted to turn back to help the singer, but it was too late for him.  Jaehwan wanted the others to live.  No, he needed the others to live.

That's when he felt the creature pierce his back.  He couldn't do anything, paralyzed by the pain.  He watched the red life force run out of his body until his eyes went blank, open but unseeing.

Hakyeon felt his blood run cold.  Watching three of his bandmates die before his very eyes and he couldn't do anything to save them.  He was running behind Wonsik and Hyuk, pushing them forward.  He knew it wouldn't take much for the giant centipede thing to catch up to them, The creature lashed out at them and knocked the three of them down.  

Hakyeon didn't have a chance to save Wonsik.  The rapper was lying on the ground, the needle like leg already piercing him through the heart.  He would have never seen it coming.  At least he didn't suffer when he died. Hakyeon looked over just as Hyuk rolled over onto his back, pain etched across his face.  Hakyeon saw the creature raise it's leg.  He didn't have a second to lose.  He rolled over using his body as a shield for the younger boy.

There was a split second where he felt pain, but as soon as it was there, then it was gone.

Hyuk's chest was heaving.  He felt Hakyeon hovering over him.  He felt an oh so slight pain where something had cut into his ribs.  He was even more worried when he felt something warm and sticky drip onto his chest. Blood.

"Hakyeon?"  Hyuk asked.  He was afraid to speak, knowing the cetipede creature was right above him. Whatever had pierced his side was jerked up.  Hyuk bit his lip to keep from screaming. Hakyeon's body fell to the side.  He heard the creature retreating. Hyuk remained frozed for a moment, still trying to get a grasp of what just happened.

"Hakyeon?"  The maknae called, but there was no answer.  Feeling for the elder, he quickly retracted his hand when he felt the blood.  Hyuk was in shock.  He looked at his hand, knowing that he couldn't see it, but he could feel the blood coating his hands.

"Wonsik?"  Hyuk crawled over to where the rappers body laid and shook him.  "Wonsik, wake up."  The maknae sniffled.

"Hakyeon, Wonsik, wake up!  This isn't funny!"  The maknae all but yelled at him.  Tears streamed down his face as he desprately shook the other two.  

"Guys, it's not fair.  You can't leave me alone."  Hyuk sobbed. "I just found you Hakyeon!  We have to go home, remember?"  Hyuk pounded on the elder's chest hopelessly.  

"It's not fair!"  He screamed. The damn of tears broke and Hyuk laid his head on Hakyeon's unmoving shoulder, unable to hear the steady breaths that were normally there.

"I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry.  I wish I had never made any of those other wishes.  I wish they would let us go home."  Hyuk sobbed until he fell into an exhausted sleep.  However, this time Hakyeon's comforting warmth wasn't there to make the boy feel better.


The next chapter is the last chapter.  Please comment, don't hate me too much.

<3 Kitamea