A Maze with a Mind of its Own

Trapped in the Maze

The five boys stood in awe of the giant black gate.  Jaehwan had finally gotten his wits about him and reached out a hand to check and see if what they were seeing was real.  To all of their dismay, it was.  Once he realized how solid the gate was, Jaehwan recoiled his hand as if the mysterious door had burned him.

"So I see I have more visitors?"  A calm voice asked, sending chills down all their spines.  The maknae spun around quickly, only to find that no one was there.

"Did you hear that?" The dark haired boy asked the rapper.  Wonsik only shook his head and looked towards the younger with concern in his eyes.

"He can't hear me."  Hyuk turned around again, quickly scanning the area.  However they were trapped between the edge of a cliff and the gate.  No one could possibly be with them.

"Are you scared Hyuk?"  The maknae turned around again, this time bumping into Hongbin.  

"Hyuk, are you alright?"  Hongbin asked.  There was no reason the youngest should be running into him.  There was plenty of space and they weren't moving.  

"You don't hear that?"  Hyuk asked the visual, but Hongbin only frowned.  

"Hyukkie~" Hongbin frowned and looked around.  That time he did hear something.  Hyuk was frozen.  His eyes were wide as he could feel something slowly creep up his spine.  The motion sent chilling sensations up and down his spine, but he was too afraid to move.  Hyuk closed his eyes, unable to handle the situation anymore.

"Hongbin, what's behind me?"  Hongbin couldn't see anything.  At this moment, the situation had grasped all of their attention.  None of them knew what to do.  Surely, they'd be able to see whatever it was.

Hyuk could still feel the chilling sensations as it crept further up his spine.  The younger boy would normally never be scared in situations such as these, he had even laughed in the haunted school, but this situation was different.  What was happening now was real.

Taekwoon was the first to notice long fingers begin to curl around the youngest's shaking throat.  "Hyuk move," he said quietly, trying not to scare the boy any further.  "You need to move."  However, the youngest was glued to the spot. They watched in terror as white hair and red eyes slowly emerged from over Hyuk's right shoulder. 

Seeing that the dark haired boy was petrified to the point of being paralyzed, Leo grabbed the boy's arm and spun him around.  However, whenever he did there was nothing there. Hyuk let out a shuddering sigh as the feeling of helplessness faded.

"So you boys want to enter my maze?"  The same being that Hakyeon had seen earlier was standing in front of the gate, a sly smile on her face, "I've never had so many people enter in such a short time."

"Ah, so did you see a short, tan, red-head come through here?"  Jaehwan asked.  Any fear the vocalist had earlier had completely melted away.

"Oh, I did indeed. He's very skiddish isn't he?"  She chuckled.  Suddenly, a flash of lightning took over the area and her form changed into something hideous, but reverted back so quickly none of them knew what exactly they had seen.

"What are you?"  Wonsik asked, knowing that the girl wasn't human.  She smiled prettily, a smile that looked out of place.

"Now that's rude.  The question should be who am I, not what."  She replied with a hint of venom in her voice.  "Who I am is the keeper of the maze."

"We just want to get our friend, can you get him out."  Hongbin asked, but was appalled whenever the creature started laughing, a hideous cackled that starkly contrasted with her beautiful human form.

"Once you're in the maze, the only way out is to reach the center.  However in order to enter the maze you must first give something up."  All of the boys looked at each other.  None of them had brought anything that could be given.  "When you enter the maze it will decide what will be taken. The maze has a mind of it's own."  When she had finished her explanation the black gates slowly creaked open. 

"Now good luck to all of you."  The five boys entered slowly before the gate slammed shut behind them.  The woman was gone, only remnants of her cackling laughter could be heard through the gate.

"When did it get so dark?  I can't see anything."  Hyuk asked, suddenly feeling for the wall.

"I don't know.  I can't see anything either."  Wonsik answered, doing a similar motion as the maknae.

Hongbin, Jaehwan, and Taekwoon all looked back and forth between each other and the two blind members in front of them.  "Great, as if getting through this maze wasn't going to be hard enough."  Hongbin sighed.  Jaehwan opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't even make a sound.

"Great.  So Hyuk and Wonsik are blind,"  Hongbin watched as Taekwoon grabbed the two from the wall and led them over to the group, "You're mute.  What's was taken from Taekwoon and I though?" Hongbin asked Jaehwan, only to receive a shrug in response.

"So it's only Hyuk and I that are blind?  What the hell is this?"  Wonsik growled in frustration.  

"Seems like it,"  The maknae sighed, still clinging to Wonsik's arm as if he'd disappear if he let go.

"Ok, well lets get going then."  Hongbin announce, grabbing Hyuk's arm to lead him.  Similarly Jaehwan grabbed Wonsik's arm to lead him as well.  At one point, Hyuk and Hongbin got too far from Wonsik, Jaehwan, and Taekwoon.  They turned a corner quickly.  Once they realized that the other three weren't following them anymore they turned around, only to be met by a dead end.


Sorry it took so long to post this!  I had such a hard time writing this chapter.  I knew what I wanted to happen, but everytime I wrote it I would have to rewrite it.  Sorry for the crap update.  The next one will be better.  Please comment and let me know what you think.  Comments are my favorites!  Thank you to everyone who has subscribed!  I hope that I wont disappoint ya'll anymore like I'm sure I did with this update.

<3 Kitamea