The Bracelet's Secret

Trapped in the Maze

Hyuk looked at the sketchy looking building in front of him.  Not only were they on the bad side of town, but people walking down the street noticed how out of place they were and gave them mean looks.  After all, why was a boy band hanging out in this area of town?  The building looked like it was falling apart.  Most of the windows were cracked, some of them were even missing. The door was wide open, the only thing deterring entry was lines of beads that hung ominously from the doorway.  A slight rustle of the wind and the beads brushed against each other, the only sound that could be heard in the deserted side of town.

"Come in," a voice whispered in the wind.  It was chilling, seemingly coming from nowhere.

"Well, you heard them," Wonsik announced, a slight quiver in his voice although he was trying to be brave. "Let's go."  Wonsik had seemingly taken Hakyeon's place during their leader's absence.  All of them were a little shaken by the sudden events.

The first thing they had done was take a picture of the bracelet and post it on the internet.  Their fans had been very diligent in letting them know it was written in Sanskrit.  A quick search had led them to the doorstep of the condemned building, wondering if they could actually get help from this so-called 'fortune teller'.

"I knew you would come," The voice called from a dark corner. 

Everyone turned every which way to find the source of the voice, but the room was empty.  Pieces of the ceiling and other debris were scattered along the dark and dampened floor.  

"It was only a matter of time."  The voice spoke again.  This time it sounded as if it came from behind them, causing all of them to turn.  Jaehwan jumped and clung nervously to the closest person next to him, which happened to be Taekwoon.  With a small glare from the silent singer, Jaehwan begrudgingly relinquished his trembling grip.

"Can you help us?  We just want to know how this bracelet works?"  Hyuk asked with a trembling voice.  

An old wrinkled hand reached out of the darkness and seized the maknae's grip.  The youngest stifled a scream as a hooded figure appeared and looked at the design.

योउर् विशेस् शल्ल् बे ग्रन्तेद. अ विश् तहत हस बीन दोने चान्नोत बे उन्दोने.

"Your wishes shall be granted.  A wish that has been done cannot be undone." The old voice answered.  They released Hyuk's arm before vanishing into the shadows once again.

"Please, we just want to know how to get our leader back?"  Hongbin tried.  There was a long pause.  Suddenly a bright light erupted from the corner of the room, blinding all of them.

"You have trapped him in the maze.  Purgatory or Hell, it is unclear.  But the only way to get him back, is to retrieve him yourself."  The hooded figure walked from the light, enveloped in darkness. Only when he removed his hood could they see what the hideous creature actually looked like.  It was bald and the bright lights cast scary shadows over his mostly wrinkled face.  One of it's eyes were missing, and the remaining one was a bright red and yellow.   The figure laughed and gave them a toothless smile.

"If you think I am scary, then you shouldn't enter the maze.  The creatures in there are more horrifying than you can imagine."  With that, the creature vanished before their eyes, but the light remained.

"If we don't go Hakyeon may never come back..." Wonsik sounded dejected. Having their leader missing had brought all of their self esteem crashing to almost nothing.

"I don't care how terrifying it is.  I need him back."  Hyuk marched into the light.  

"Wait!" Hongbin called, following him.

"That kid," Wonsik sighed as he followed the two into the unknown.

Taekwoon turned to see a shaking Jaehwan.  It was all too much to handle.  Taekwoon followed after their rapper, leaving Jaehwan there to stare at the bright light.

"..." He cursed, following after the other four.  

 

Hakyeon found himself huddled in a corner of the maze.  He hoped it was dark enough for him to be hidden from the creatures that walked through the many corridors.  In reality, no where was safe.  As soon as the dancer would find a place that looked relatively safe, creatures more disturbing than even his worst nightmares would appear and chase him until he lost his way again.

The redhead leaned against the hard wall.  So far, none of the beasts had appeared.  The last one had been fast, almost too fast for the dancer to loose.  It's gruesome appearance though quickly activated the singer's fight or flight instinct.  It was safe to say that the tan boy wasn't a fighter.  With the monster towering over his small form, Hakyeon had run faster than he ever had in his entire life.  The  creature's fangs alone were taller than he was.

Hakyeon shivered at the memory and ran his finger along a long gash on his forearm.  The first creature had caught him completely off guard.  It had appeared like a specter.  It wasn't much taller than him, but was cloaked in some sort of black liquid flame.  At least that's the only way the dancer could describe it.  There weren't any discernible features, just an outline of it's shape. It's eyes haunted him, a deep red that burned into his soul.  It wasn't until it raised a long pointed finger and ran it down Hakyeon's forearm, leaving a bloody trail in its wake,  that the silent boy decided that running was his best option.

Looking again at the long cut, he could see just how much damage the black figure has done. The wound was deep.  It was deep enough that it would hurt like a once all the adrenaline wore out of his system.  He pressed one of the edges of the cut softly, only to retract his finger quickly.  He would have hissed if any sounds actually came out of his mouth, but it was still hopeless to even attempt.  The edges were seared black, like he had been burned by something, and jagged like a serrated knife had cut him.  It took all his efforts not to gag when he looked at it.

He wished with all of his heart that he was back home in the dorms. He would do anything to be with the other members and away from his own personal hell.  Of course, it wasn't that simple.  He had to find his way out.  That was easier said than done.  The maze was huge and seemingly held a grudge.  Any time he felt like maybe he was on the right path he would be chased by some terrifying creature to some other corner. Luckily, he had never hit a dead end while being chased.

Hakyeon hadn't realized he had fallen asleep until he felt himself slowly sinking into the wall.  Concrete hands reached from the wall, grabbing any part of Hakyeon they could get their hands on.  The dancer tried to scream, but the sounds never came out.


First of all, let it be known that I do not know Sanskrit,  I used a phonetic translator.  I just think the writing looks cool.  Secondly, Eternity is amazing.  I can't even describe how happy I am.  Also, I tried a partially new writing style.  Let me know what you think please :)  I'm also making some illustrations, because why not I guess.  Please leave me a comment or subscribe or upvote or continue being awesome or all of the above.  Thank you everyone who has subscribed, commented, and upvoted so far.  I will post another chapter soon!

<3 Kitamea