Prologue

Trapped in the Maze

Prologue

"I wish you'd just die!" Hyuk stormed into his room and slammed the door as hard as he could, shaking the apartment.  The maknae paced around the room, stomping angrily.  How anyone could live with Cha Hakyeon, he didn't know.  All he wanted was one day to himself that he didn't have to deal with their clingy, annoying, over exaggerated leader.

Hyuk's head shot up when he heard a knock on the door.  "Go away, Hakyeon.  Just leave me alone!"  Hyuk didn't care that he was being disrespectful.  He was tired of Hakyeon treating him like a little kid.  Yes, he was the youngest.  Yes, he had just graduated high school, but really the clingy proud mother thing that their leader always did during interviews needed to stop.

Another knock came to the door but this time it was softer.  "Hey Hyukkie, it's me."  Jaehwan peaked his head in a little before Hyuk sighed.  The maknae just sat down in the middle of the floor.  Being angry was exhausting work.

"I'm sorry, was that you who knocked the first time?"  Hyuk asked, realizing his mistake.

"No, that was Hakyeon.  He was worried.  He asked me to come check on you."  Jaehwan replied, sitting with Hyuk on the floor. Hyuk only shook his head, still clearly frustrated.  

"He's just so frustrating!" Hyuk let out a small growl.  Hakyeon was the most annoying in the group hands down.

"You know how he is.  He cares about all of us.  He's just being himself."  Jaehwan explained, watching their maknae with a weary eye.  Hyuk seemed to be blowing things out of proportion.  

At the interview Hakyeon was being his normal clingy self, but today Hyuk was the victim. All the other members had learned to ignore it and never gave it a second thought, but Hyuk was especially sensitive to it.  For some reason today Hyuk just snapped.  He didn't talk to any one on the van ride home and went straight to his room.

"Ah, I guess you're right."  Hyuk sighed.  He laid there for another moment, brow furrowed and glaring holes into the ceiling.  Jaehwan grabbed the kid's arm and pulled him up.

"Come on, Hyukkie! Taekwoon is cooking.  Dinner's almost done!" Hyuk didn't have a chance to protest and let himself be dragged out of the bedroom.  When they entered the living area they only found two of the other members.  Taekwoon was in the kitchen cooking and Hongbin was on the couch sleeping. 

However, Jaehwan took Hongbin's sleeping as a chance to attack while the other's guard was down.  Jaehwan ran and jumped on the sleeping visual and bounced on him mercilessly.  The living room was filled with Jaehwan's giggles and Hongbin's groans.

"Can you get off me?"  Hongbin groaned into the pillow.  Even though Jaehwan wasn't heavy, he wasn't light either.  

"Nope," Jaehwan enunciated, bouncing on Hongbin's back to punctuate his point.  "By the way, where's Wonsik?"  Jaehwan pouted while looking around.

"If I tell you will you get off of me?"  Hongbin asked. He sounded defeated and no longer struggled to push Jaehwan off of his back.  

"Hmmm...I'll consider it." Jaehwan replied pensively.

"Fine.  He's in Hakyeon's room trying to make him feel better."  Hongbin said it quietly enough that Hyuk couldn't hear it.  They didn't need to fuel the tension between those two.  Their relationship was always very hot and cold.  Some days they got along famously and other days they couldn't stand each other.

However, Hyuk did overhear what Hongbin had said.  He felt bad.  It took a lot to truly hurt their leader's feelings.  Normally Hakyeon would act hurt for a moment before going along his happy way like nothing ever happened.  However, today Hyuk realized he had overreacted and actually hurt their leader.  

The maknae didn't realize how lost in thought he was until a stack of envelopes was shoved in his face.  "It's your fan mail today."  Wonsik said and continued to hand the other members their envelopes as well.  Hyuk was going to ask how Hakyeon was, but the Rapper followed the smell of food into the kitchen.

Hyuk opened the first envelope and poured out the contents.  Out fell a sheet of paper and a black leather bracelet with designs carved all the way around.  Hyuk put the bracelet on, admiring all of the patterns before looking at the sheet of paper.  It was in a language he couldn't read.  He didn't even know what language it was.

"Ooh, that looks cool."  Hongbin said while peeking over Hyuk's shoulder.

"Yeah, it is really cool."  Hyuk agreed, still admiring the black piece of leather.

"Hey, guys!  Food is ready!" Wonsik yelled, setting out the table.  All of them gathered around as Taekwoon placed the food and dishes on the table.

"Where's Hakyeon?" Taekwoon asked softly as he sat down at the table.

"He said he wasn't hungry, I think he went to sleep early."  Wonsik answered.

Suddenly Hyuk wasn't so hungry.  He set down his chopsticks and stared blankly at his plate, wondering what he should do to correct the situation.  He got up from the table suddenly which startled everyone.

"I'm going to go talk to Hakyeon. I'll be back."  Hyuk dismissed himself before knocking on Hakyeon's door.  When there wasn't a reply Hyuk peeked inside the dark room.  Their leader was indeed asleep.  He must have been tired to go to sleep that quickly, Hyuk thought to himself as he tiptoed to the red head's sleeping form.  

"Hakyeon, are you asleep?" The younger asked, poking the leader on the cheek.  When he removed his finger though, it was wet.  Hakyeon had fallen asleep crying.  Hyuk felt terrible.  He shook the dancer's shoulders slightly to which he only received a groan from the older.

"I'm sorry," Hyuk whispered to the older member.  

Even though he was only half awake, Hakyeon still replied with a muffled, "'s okay." 

Hyuk smiled.  Their leader was always understanding.  Yes, he always scolded them.  He would nag and irritate them all day long. At the end of the day though, he would always forgive and protect them.

Hyuk crawled into bed with Hakyeon, to which the dancer groaned but made room for the younger. Hyuk always compared sleeping with Hakyeon to sleeping with his mom.  It was safe and warm.  Nothing could ever get to you then.

"I'm really sorry."

"I know. You're forgiven. Now go to sleep."

Yep. Same old Hakyeon.


So here's the prologue. It's a little fluffy.  I don't know if I'm going to make this story slash or not.  I haven't really decided at this point.  I will updating this story on Fridays. I hope you enjoy the first chapter.  It's a little slow, I just wanted to put some back story in here first.  Please comment, update, subscribe, correct, flame, etc.  Whatever you feel like doing!

<3 Kitamea