We've got a problem

Of Angels and Demons

 

There was a reason the youngest four siblings rode in a different van from Heechul. One could say the boys were almost lucky that their van reached home first. They were nearly inside when Heechul jumped out of the second van, shouting his head off at Kibum and Kyuhyun. But was quickly silenced by Leeteuk and Hangeng who noticed that the boys were carrying their sleeping sisters. “Wait till they put the girls to bed.” Leeteuk said to which Heechul nodded in response before he stormed into the house.

“Is he always so… hot headed?” Lynn asked from behind the two.

“Not always but always with good reason.” Hangeng replied.

Lynn smiles as she revisits old memories “It’s good to know he’s remained level headed within his temperament.”

And suddenly Leeteuk and Hangeng are holding her “We’ve missed you mom.”

“And I you, boys” she smiled softly.

“I don’t think it’s hit the others that you’re back yet” Leeteuk said apologetically and Lynn waved a hand in dismissal. “We’ll all talk later, but for now let’s find you a room and get you settled in.” Leeteuk gestured toward the house and the three of them went inside.

--

(Geng, a little help?) He took off for the girls’ room where he knew his twin would be and apparently half of their brothers as well.

“I can’t believe you two would pull a stunt like that! And involving our sisters as well!”

“Chul, shut up…” Sen and Sai were standing in front of Kyu and Kibum as if they were guarding them from Heechul. While Kangin, Siwon and Eunhyuk stood outside the door watching.

“Don’t you dare tell me to shut up Sen”

“Too late” she huffed.

“They put you in danger!”

“Need I remind you that we” Sen gestured to her twin “have often been in danger. That’s nothing new. Also you don’t get to yell at them because you don’t know the full story!”

Geng rested a hand on his twin’s shoulder “Hear them out.” Heechul nodded in agreement and waited for one of them to fill him in on what really happened.

 “What you didn’t know is that Sen and I really had been ambushed by a couple of guards and that freakishly calm guy had been expecting them to show up with us. Kibum and Kyuhyun saved us and don’t ask why but we all agreed it was best to keep up appearances, so they took the form of the guards and you basically know the rest from there” Sai explained.

 “Better?” Hangeng nudged his twin. “Yeah” Hangeng turned to the girls “Weren’t the two of you sleeping?”

They nodded. “Kinda hard to stay asleep when someone is screaming his head off” Sen crossed her arms, “we were awake before Kibum and Kyu even set foot in the house.” She took a second to calm down as she took in the room. “Why are you all in here? You mother is back, shouldn’t you be crowding around her?” Sen pushed her brothers out of their room.

Kangin stopped her from closing the door “She’s your mother too” his eyes were understanding but his voice although soft was full of conflicting emotions. She closed her eyes and nodded before finally closing the door.

--

It wasn’t long before the rest of the brothers knew about the girls’ indifference towards their mother. “Its alright” Lynn told them “They didn’t get the chance to know your father and I even for a little bit growing up like you guys did .” They were in the movie room trying to catch Lynn up on all the years she missed when the topic of the girls came up.

“Sorry to interrupt” Everyone looked to the door.

“Yes Sai?” Leeteuk dropped her name solely for Lynn’s benefit at the same time making Sai scrunch her nose. She knew what he was doing and shook her head (It’s a good thing Sen is in another room) “We’ve got a problem” She mimed something with her hands in which Kibum and Kyuhyun immediately stood followed quickly by Lynn “No, absolutely not!”

Sai pointed at her “Sit. Down. We don’t have time to deal with you being against everything we do.”

“Sai” Leeteuk said in warning.

“No! Innocent people could die if we can’t reset or hold it off.”

“What’s going on?” Yesung queried.

Sai rolled her eyes in an attempt to reign in her frustration about her family wasting time. “Sen got to over-thinking things and went to check some stuff which turned out to be a good thing cause now we got a problem.” She briefly explained before taking off for the library with Kyu and Kibum in tow.

Eunhyuk sighed, standing “I’ll go see what’s happening…”

 “I’ll go with” Zhou Mi stood as well.