Which side really has the upper hand?

Of Angels and Demons

 

After speaking with Yesung and Siwon, Leeteuk gathered the family members who helped with evac. “So… there’s good news and bad. Good news is we’ve evacuated everyone out of the building that needed to be. Bad news ‘They’ know we’re here and we have no idea if the others are aware that ‘They’ know.” Everyone shifted uncomfortably at that.

“Well all we can do is hope we still have the upper hand inside and that things are over here very soon because the media has caught wind of what’s happening which means the police won’t be far behind” Shindong mentioned.

“How do you know that?” Ryeowook asked.

Shindong held up a personal radio “Kibum gave me this, this morning. It’s tuned specifically to the local news stations and it doubles as a police scanner. That and the air currents are being stirred most likely by helicopters.”

“Well if that’s the case; let’s hope they’re able to finish up quickly so we can get out of here before everyone and their aunt show up.” Leeteuk said before turning to Zhou Mi “Is there anyway to find out exactly what’s going on in there?”

He shook his head “Not without making things more complicated for them. About the only thing we can do is let them know what the situation is like out here and hope for the best.” Leeteuk nodded “Alright let’s do that.”

***

What they didn’t know is that the group (HanChul, EunHae and Sungmin) that went ahead to confront the higher-ups were well aware that they had known they were there. Also that Sen and Sai have been captured by two guards that they missed and were being brought to the meeting room at gun point. And Kyu and Kibum are nowhere to be found.

“What did you do to us!” questioned an outraged board member after he tried using his power on their unwanted guests.

Heechul smirked and patted Sungmin on the shoulder “My brother here is a neutralist which means your powers are useless.” He chuckled “This is what you get for playing vampires” he looked to his twin.

“Now you only have two choices and I suggest you take the first one” Hangeng said “You either turn yourselves in or we help turn you in. Trust me when I say the first choice is much better for your health. As I can’t guarantee all of you will make it out of here alive if we have to ‘help’ you.”

The higher-ups or board members if you like consisted of seven people all of whom angrily voiced their opinions except for one smug individual sitting at the head of the table. “From what I can see, you don’t have any weapons and if your brother is indeed a neutralist as you say he is then how do you expect to beat us? We out number you by two.”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes nodding “True… but that would be assuming that he’s not able to pick and choose who can and can’t use their powers.” He played up Heechul’s bluff while he studied his nails as his finger tips started to spark. This sent the board members into a frenzy, all but for the head who still held a confident smug look on his face.

(Where are the girls they should be here by now?) Donghae was starting to worry. There was a knock on the door before anyone could answer him. “I believe these two belong to you?” The head said as the girls were forced to their knees not far from where he sat. The boys faces went white, the girls looked worse for wear. Neither of the guards had said a word since entering the room but they didn’t need to as they currently held the girls at gun point.

“I think” the head started “That if you want to get out of here alive that we’re neither going to willingly turn ourselves in or be forced to do so.”

Sen scoffed “It doesn’t matter anymore the police are on their way here.”

He got out of his chair and grabbed her by the collar “You’re bluffing.”

 She blew a fireball in his face and he immediately dropped her to slap out the flames. He was oddly calm and didn’t scream which irked her just a bit. He was beyond furious as he turned back to her with a half burned face while everyone looked on.

(He isn’t normal) Sai commented eyes wide in horror and Sen refrained from rolling her eyes and following with her usual snide comment back. Her focus was on the man currently fuming in front of her.

 “Try that again, I dare you.”

Her eyes narrowed but she stopped herself from what she was originally going to say at Heechul’s cutting actions.

“Nothin’ to say huh? I guess it doesn’t matter if the police show or not. Who is going to believe a bunch of thug kids over respectable businessmen?”

“Respectable my ” Sai muttered. He turned to hit her when he dropped to the floor with full body spasms as an electrical current flowed through him.

 “No one hits my baby sisters in front of me” Donghae said.

Of course the siblings almost forgot about the crazy sister who made a run for the self-destruct button. Seriously what was with these people and self-destruct? She was halfway there before one of the guards shot her in the leg.

“Now” he said as Sen and Sai stood up. “Are the rest of you going to cooperate and turn yourselves in or are things going to get messier than they already are?” he questioned as he started to look more and more like Kibum. “We… we’ll go willingly” the only other woman there said and the others quickly agreed.

“Good” Sungmin said as he went around putting ice cuffs on each person. “But… your power…” the first man questioned. “Yeah… about that.” Sungmin smirked and left it at that.

“We have to get out of here” Kyu urged fully himself again “Shindong says the cavalry is almost here.”

Leeteuk popped in and quickly took in the situation. “Good let the police deal with them, we gotta jet” and with the help of Hangeng, Eunhyuk and the girls they all teleported out to the vans. Nobody said a word the entire ride home.      

 



 

Heya ^^

So.... I wrote this the night I posted that last chapter. It's not how I originally thought it would go but this is what came to mind and I'm content with it. I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter and the next one is in the works. 

- Fayt