Chapter 22

Of Angels and Demons

 

Hangeng (pov)

Sure enough Sen was on the roof. It seemed like she was venting or something so I decided to let her be and watch for a while. She kept doing a bunch of flips and maneuvers and then she looked like she was fighting off an invisible enemy. She had definitely worked on those moves… wow someone should teach her how to dance, I’m sure she would be an amazing dancer. Oh she stopped.

__ (pov)

Hangeng moved from his spot by the door and walked over to where Sen was once again laying on the roof. When she didn’t say anything he sat down next to her. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“should you really have done all that?”

“Eh, I’ll live. Geng this isn’t going to turn into 20 questions is it?” He just shrugged “Not sure. Are you going to tell me what’s bothering you?”

“Nothi…ugh don’t give me that look. Fine. We’ve always known that we were connected to you guys somehow; we just didn’t know what you guys were supposed to be to us. And now after 14 years of being orphans we find out we have a rather large family; 13 brothers, 2 cousins, and 4 grandparents. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy that you guys turned out to be our brothers. It’s just at the moment I’m kind of a big jumble of mixed emotions so much so that Ryeowook wouldn’t be comfortable around me.”

Hangeng pulled her onto his lap and just held her as she continued speaking.

“I’d like to tell what I had mentioned the other day. It’s not really a big deal but at the same time it is. I’m not ready to say it yet, and I know that not everyone is ready to hear it yet.”

“And that’s alright” he assured her. “Just tell us when you think it’s the right time”

“Heechul is back with Sai from shopping and wants to show everyone what they got.” Sen yawned “can I go back to bed instead?” Hangeng just shook his head and chuckled. “Come on I’ll give you a piggy back ride.”

When they got back to the room Sen looked around for a spot to sit. Siwon took notice and opened his arms to her. She gladly climbed into his lap and sleepily snuggled into his shoulder with a muttered ‘thanks’. Siwon chuckled “Why don’t you go back to bed?” Yawn “because Geng said Heechul would just drag me back out to see what they bought anyways.”

While Heechul was setting stuff up Sai noticed Sen curled up on Siwon’s lap {Are you okay Sen?} she received a sleepy nod. Heechul noticed and was about to get her attention when Sai stopped him. “Don’t, all that matters is that she is here. Whether she is asleep or just resting she will see what we got.”

During the showing Sen gave slight nods in approval of just about everything they got. About the only big reaction they got out of her was when they brought out the hats.

At the mention of hats Sen straightened up just barely opening her eyes and reached out her hands in a silent gimme plea. Sai gave the bag of hats to her twin as everyone looked on. Sen looked through the bag all the while making little incoherent sounds of glee. She finally picked out a beanie which she swapped with Eunhyuk’s hat before snuggling back into Siwon’s arms with a contented sigh. And with that anyone in the room who didn’t already have a big goofy grin on his face had one.