Eight

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jonghyun was confusing, to say the least. He had been up to Kibum all week, joking around with him, doing random nice things for him, hanging around all the time.

While Kibum was slightly annoyed by this fact, he was only human. He would be crazy to deny that it made him feel special, to deny that he liked it. Because he did, really. Even though he often questioned the elder's motives, he didn't really care. The annoying puppy was growing on him, despite how much he tried to deny it.

It was getting more and more difficult to deny the elder of his smile when his was so contagious. But today was a different matter; Kibum was in a terrible mood, thanks to a late night argument with his parents about his future--a very common occurrence these days. Last night's argument was a particularly terrible one, one that left him feeling more hopeless than he'd ever been. They were breaking him, and he didn't know how much longer he could fight them before he gave up on his dream.

He woke up with a nasty headache and puffy eyes that took forever to cover up. He didn't know if he could handle Jonghyun's high energy today, when he was struggling to keep his eyes open himself.

"Kibummie, hyung is here!" Speak of the devil. Kibum rolled his eyes at the voice behind him, the pitiful attempt at aegyo doing nothing to sooth his headache. 

"I haven't had my morning coffee, so I'm finding it difficult to find a more colorful way to say I don't care." He could almost feel Jonghyun's pout from behind him.

"I know you haven't, I saw you earlier." Kibum could hear Jonghyun practically plop down into the seat next to him. "You should really make sure to drink your coffee in the morning, Bum, you look scary intense otherwise."

Kibum jumped slightly as a paper cup appeared on the desk in front of him. He turned and gasped at Jonghyun's face, which was mere inches from his own, a cheesy smile lighting up the puppy's whole face. "And yeah, I know it's not morning anymore, but I ran down to Jinki's cafe and got this for you. Latte," Jonghyun grinned. "With skim."

"Don't you have a class before this one?" Kibum asked, knitting his eyebrows in confusion.

Jonghyun poked the skin between his eyebrows with a breathy laugh. "Sure I did, I just had to leave class early to 'take a call.'"

Kibum scoffed, though that made him undeniably happy. "Idiot. You shouldn't skip class for me, that's ridiculous."

"It's not ridiculous, I did it because I wanted to. End of discussion." He grinned widely, clearly proud of himself.

Kibum could feel his face heat up a little bit, but he ignored it and turned away. "T-thanks, I guess," he mumbled, slapping himself mentally for what he said. He picked at the paper sleeve on the cup, awkwardly avoiding Jonghyun's eyes. Don't be rude, Kibum. He won't put up with you forever. Kibum sighed. He knew the voice in his head was right; it always was. 

"I mean... thank you." Kibum turned to Jonghyun, making his expression as hard to read as he could. "Really." He didn't even know why he bothered; he wasn't planning on keeping Jonghyun in his life for much longer anyway. 

Keep telling yourself that.

Jonghyun smiled. "What are you doing this weekend, Bum?"

"Stop calling me Bum, that's weird."

"It's not weird, it's cute." Kibum scowled, shaking his head.

"I don't know, I'll probably just study or something. Why?" Kibum's voice so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter