Seven

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun was elated. He was well aware that Kibum was still hesitant to be friends with him, but he didn't care. Things were already going in his favor; the younger had visited his house and had coffee with him, despite having rejected his offer. He managed to get the other to tell him his name, and that made him happy beyond belief.

Kibum. He already knew the younger's name, sure. But hearing it from his own lips, that was something else. Now he could actually call Kibum's name without seeming like he was desperate or a stalker (although Minho would have a different opinion about the situation, but Jonghyun chose to ignore that).

Instead, he was a friend. Jonghyun didn't yet know exactly what that entailed, but he guessed it would be good.

The next day, Jonghyun walked around campus with a huge grin on his face, dazedly walking around as though nothing could bring his mood down. He couldn't wait for after classes, when Kibum would come straight to the cafe and stay for hours.

But Jonghyun waited for hours, and Kibum never came. This made him really curious; the other always came to the cafe. He had hardly missed a day for years. It was nearing closing time, and Jonghyun was feeling more and more nervous. What if he didn't come? Why wouldn't he? Did something happen to him? Or was he avoiding him?

Tomorrow, he decided. Tomorrow he would talk with him. He couldn't avoid him if they shared a class together, now could he?

The bell at the front of the cafe rang, and Jonghyun looked up hopefully, but saw that it was just Minho. Slightly surprising, considering he never really visited the cafe, but it was still a let down.

That is, until Jonghyun noticed who came in with him. "Let's make this quick, Jonghyun, I don't want too many brain cells to die today."

"Jonghyun hyung. Nice to see you too, Taemin."

"Cut the crap, Jonghyun. What do you want with Kibum?" Jonghyun was slightly startled with how annoyed Taemin sounded. It wasn't the normal amount of irritation he harbored for the elder; this was something entirely different.

"I don't know," he answered truthfully. He really didn't know, he was just inexplicably drawn to the younger. It could have been the fact that he was gorgeous. Or maybe it was because he was charismatic and mysterious to him, and he wanted to figure him out.

"Kibum's not someone you should mess with." Taemin cut into his thoughts. "He's really not in a good place right now," he said with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun wished h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter