Twelve

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

, , . It was almost like Kibum's new mantra. 

After their first date nearly a month ago, Kibum was on edge. For a while, he was fine. He hung out with Jonghyun every night, and they grew closer and closer the more time they spent together. It was almost like a normal relationship. 

But that changed a couple weeks ago. Kibum became more and more worried about their relationship, and he started to make excuses to not hang out with Jonghyun. He didn't know how to act around him, or how to talk with him. It made Kibum feel anxious thinking about it, and he always overthought it. 

So he started to avoid him to avoid those feelings. He didn't have class with Jonghyun on Tuesdays and Thursdays, fortunately, but he always, always went to the cafe after school. He didn't want to go home, but he didn't particularly want to see Jonghyun either.

But he couldn't not go. Jonghyun would think he was avoiding him (which he had been; but he didn't want Jonghyun to know that). The elder would have to be stupid not to notice, but Kibum couldn't help it.

He was embarrassed and worried. Embarrassed, because Jonghyun had now seen a side of him that he tried really hard to hide, because Kibum knew he couldn't help but act that way when he was around Jonghyun.

He was worried for one clear reason:  his parents. Jonghyun insisted they didn't have to say anything to his parents for a while, that they could meet secretly, but he knew his parents would figure out eventually. He couldn't hide anything from them, as much as he wanted to.

Sitting in his only class of the day, Kibum felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He didn't even have to look to know it would be Jonghyun.

I'll see you tonight, right Bummie?

It was like he could read his mind. And if you asked Kibum, it did really seem like he could. Everything about Jonghyun made him feel vulnerable, from the way he always knew too much, understood too much, to that dumb smile he seemed to have only for Kibum. 

Kibum hated being vulnerable. He hated letting someone else have any sort of power over him, and he had already given Jonghyun too much power. It made him nervous, the way he felt about the elder.

Still, he couldn't deny it.

Kibum felt himself blushing in the middle of class, shaking his head to clear it of Jonghyun as he knew he must look weird, blushing for no reason. He couldn't concentrate on the lecture at all, setting with doodling in his notebook for the remainder of the hour. He lost track of time, and before he knew it, he was sitting alone in the room.

Kibum quickly and clumsily threw his things in his bag, hurrying out of the room. Any thoughts of avoiding Jonghyun disappeared from his head at the sight of him leaning against the wall across from the lecture hall.

Kibum knew how he felt about Jonghyun. As difficult as they were to accept, his feelings were real, and they were overwhelming. The mere thought of him made Kibum feel happier, no matter what. He always knew how to cheer him up. Jonghyun was his best friend, he decided.

Best friend, who also happened to be his boyfriend.

Kibum stood in the doorway, catching his breath. It took a moment before Jonghyun noticed him there, looking up with wide puppy eyes and a small smile. "Hey Bum," he said so quietly, it was almost a whisper.

"Jonghyun," Kibum breathed. "What are you doing here?"

"I just... I thought we could walk to the cafe together, since we're both done with class." Kibum could see a little hurt in Jonghyun's eyes. He felt guilty, knowing the other wouldn't even m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter