Eighteen

Time Bomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few weeks were rough, to say the least.

Kibum went back and forth between being completely confident in the decision he had made and breaking down because of it. Jonghyun would have to talk him out of panic attacks and quiet moments where he distanced himself from Jonghyun because of his uncertainty. But Jonghyun was set on making it through this time with Kibum by his side. He wasn't going to let the other run away again, that much was certain, and at the end of the day, Kibum was right there with him. The younger knew what was in his heart, and he knew just as well that wasn't going to change.

It was 2 am on a Saturday morning when the two were wrapped up in each other's arms, lying in Jonghyun's bed. Jonghyun had his eyes closed, asleep, while Kibum was lying with his head on Jonghyun's arm, staring up at the moonlit ceiling. His mind was on his parents, of course, like it had been ever since he walked out on them. He hadn't seen them since that day, not even to get his things.

Jonghyun rolled over as he started to wake up momentarily, draping his arm over Kibum's stomach.  Peeking over at Kibum through one eye, he saw the younger's face and knew immediately what was on his mind, despite still being half-asleep. He was pretty used to it by now.

"Kibum-ah," Jonghyun called quietly, voice groggy with sleep. The younger sighed, turning over and nuzzling into the crook of Jonghyun's neck.

"Get some sleep love, today's gonna be a good day, remember?" Jonghyun pulled Kibum closer, running his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. He knew it was comforting to the younger, who closed his eyes and breathed softly.

"I have to go home, Jjong," Kibum replied slowly.

Jonghyun's hand in his hair stopped abruptly. "What's wrong? Why now?"

The younger chuckled softly, squeezing Jonghyun around his middle reassuringly. "I can't keep wearing your clothes all the time, Jjong, they don't fit right."

"They fit you great." Jonghyun grinned. Honestly, he was enjoying seeing the exposed skin of the younger as Jonghyun's clothes hung off his slight shoulders. Jonghyun loved it, really. It felt like they were a married couple almost, what with them living together, having meals together, sharing clothes... Jonghyun wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kibum laughed again, looking back up at the ceiling. "Still, I should go. My parents are working all the time anyway, so I know just when to go and grab everything without running into them."

With a sigh, Jonghyun Kibum's cheek with the back of his hand, looking into his eyes. That seemed to be the only way to really know what Kibum was feeling and thinking; he was getting worse at hiding his expressions from the elder. In that moment, he could see the younger's determination, and an overwhelming fear.

"Want me to come with you?"

Kibum scoffed, pulling back to look at Jonghyun with his eyebrows raised. "Who else do you think is going to carry my stuff? Of course you're coming."

Jonghyun felt Kibum's hand on his back shaking ever so slightly, and he knew this was Kibum's weird way of saying he was scared to go alone, that he needed the elder with him there.

Jonghyun ran his hand through the younger's hair slowly, placing a kiss on his forehead. "I'll be there Kibum. Everything will be fine, I promise."

Kibum believed him. He knew they'd be fine. He sighed, melting into Jonghyun's arms, mumbling just a few more minutes before they'd have to go.

 

Getting into Kibum's house

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter