These Daum Halls

Keep it in your pants, Mr Dragon.

Luhan woke abruptly when he heard Ziyu’s crying, he stood up quickly running up the stairs into the baby blue room. He was a little taken back when he found his father standing their changing the baby.

“Oh, Lulu, he dropped his bottle. He’s alright now, go back to sleep son.” Hangeng smiled softly as he finished cleaning up his grandson.

“I.. I thought you an mom where leaving today?” He looked over at the clock that read 9:30am. He knew if they where to leave it would be early around 5am.

Hangeng looked down a little sighing softly, “Your mother left this morning. I won’t be going.” He sat down with Ziyu rocking him in the chair as he drank his bottle.

“Oh. When will she be back?” He asked tilting his head sleep still in his eyes.

“She won’t be.” Hangeng shook his head patting Zi’s back.

“She won’t what?” Lay asked from the door his eyes a little wide with shock. When Luhan had jumped up it woke Lay while had been snuggling with his baby brother.

“Honestly, your mother didn’t want Luhan to come home. She wanted him to stay away. She wanted nothing to do with Zi. And she was going to move you away from Suho. Once she noticed how in love the both of you are.” Hangeng looked between the boys. “I told her we would not be moving and Luhan would becoming home with Zi. She told me if I did that she’d be leaving. So I let her go.”

“Good.” Luhan nodded, “She never loved any of us anyways. She only loved your wallet.” He moved sitting down on his fathers other thigh softly brushing back his hair. “It will be alright, Daddy.” He hugged him tightly.

“Neh, Now that little Heechul can get his shot~” Lay grinned from the door walking he sat on the floor. “You’ve been eyeing him for years~”

“Aish and here I thought you two would cry.” Hangeng chuckled shaking his head.

“Please, she hates my son. Heechul hyung loves him, even more now that he can talk~ Squish his cheeks, fix his hair. Gosh I could see it now.” Luhan laughed grinning. Liyin was never apart of their family. Yes she had givin birth to Luhan and Lay but Heechul was the real mother. He checked up on them, bought them things, he even flew to China and stayed with Luhan until Zi was a few months old and Luhan had got the hang of having him.

“Come on dad, you and mom where never in love. You only stayed with her because you where scared she’d take us when she left.” Lay nodded playing with some toy on the ground.

“I know which was dumb. She never wanted any of us. So you two really like Heechul huh?” He laughed passing Ziyu over to Luhan. Luhan nodded as he took the boy, Ziyu stood up hugging Luhan’s neck.

“Neh!” Both boy’s nodded at the same time. “Heechul hyung is great, hes the one that truly make you happy”

“Hey dad, you have to enroll me in school today.” Luhan peppered Ziyu in kissed earning giggles from the boy.

“Alright, let’s go do that now. Shower up, both of you. And I want this back.” He took Ziyu kissing the little boys cheek. “I’ll give him a bath.” The boy got showered and dressed; Luhan gave Hangeng clothes to dress Ziyu up cutely today.

“Suho says Kris isn’t there.” Lay showed his phone from the front seat of the car.

“Kwiss? I Kwiss!” Ziyu said pointing to himself.

“Yes you~ Suho hyung is waiting for you.” Luhan nodding tickling his baby’s feet.

“Why we wait?!?” He asked, his large eyes big and open, giggling kicking his feet.

“We’re going..” Hangeng laughed starting the car. The school wasn’t far from the house. A few blocks at the most. Luhan remembered walking from the house to the school a few times. The Chinese men got out and walked. Ziyu wanted to walk on his own so he held on tight to Luhan’s fingers and stepped all over his feet while they walked. Lay had to go off to the dance room and Hangeng and Luhan went to the office.

 

“Aww~ Who are you cutie?” Asked the lady behind the desk once she saw Ziyu. “Ah, Luhan right? Yixing’s little brother?” She asked.

“Neh,” Luhan nodded. “Yixing told me I’d have to take some extra class or something?” Luhan asked picking up Ziyu placing the boy on his hip. The lady picked up some papers passing them to Hangeng, “You have to fill these out. Well you have to be a student aide. But I got you set up with the family life teacher, She said she had you before and would love to have you as a aide. But she wants you in her 1st period. That the child class, she thinks it will benefit her students to have a aide that’s had a child and things as such. And you’ll have to pick one more. We do have a Chinese language class looking for a aid. I can sign you up for that class if you’d like.”

Luhan nodded, “Neh, I’d love to help with that class and the family life. Maybe it will help not get someone pregnant.” He chuckled softly as his son tried climbing on to his shoulder. “Cheoho! Cheoho! Cheoho!” The little boy pointed out the glass to two men walking up the hall way.

“You see Suho?” Luhan asked looking at the boys that entered. Sadly it wasn’t Suho. “That’s not Suho hyung.”

“Where ma Cheoho?” Ziyu asked pouting. “Suho is in dance, you can see him when hes done.” Luhan patted his back softly.

“Need you to fill out these, Its just a forum telling us about him. How well is his Korean?” The lady asked handing over the papers.

“He speaks it quite well, but once he’s upset or sleepy he will only speak mandarin. But he doesn’t get upset offend and he’ll only be sleepy after school.” Luhan explained while filling out the papers.

After all the papers where filled out Luhan was giving a backpack that had all the lesions plans he’d need to learn for the year. “And head to this room, Mr Zhou is the teacher you’ll like him.” She nodded, “He’ll give you all the lesions plans. Oh and if you want to see where Ziyu will be having class it room 202, Ms Kwon is the teacher.”

Hangeng told Luhan that he’d being home; he called a cab leaving the car for Luhan, since he’d need the baby seat.

 “Alight Zizi, we need to find Mr Zhou then Ms Kwon.” It wasn’t hard to find Mr Zhou’s room, he introduced himself to the teacher he found out his name was Zhou Mi and he much rather be called that. He wasn’t old only about 23 at the most. He adored Ziyu, giving him Chinese candy and let him color on the board while Luhan and Zhou Mi talked.

Now he had two backpacks, a baby bag and a baby on his hip while he looked for room 202. It take much to find the room, he knocked on the door and heard a voice saying to open it. Ms Kwon Boah was a nice lady; he worked really well with Ziyu and even spoke a little Mandarin.

After leaving her room they took the stuff back to the car then headed toward the dance room. As the walked threw the halls Luhan remember times. The first time he met Kris, their shoulders brush and eyes met. The first time they talked, Kris stuttered and Luhan blushed.  Then they passed Luhan’s older locker and he remembered when Kris asked him out and he gladly agreed to be his boyfriend. The he remembered their first kiss, he remembered everything about it. The way their lips molded together. How Kris smelt like rubber and sweat having just come from basketball. Once they reached the dance hall one last memory filled his head, the last time he had saw Kris, he pecked his lips waving goodbye as the man entered the room. The other man smiled like a fool as he went into the room thinking he’d see Luhan at lunch.

 

He could still hear the music playing so he knew he couldn’t go into the room yet, he sat down on the floor pulling out a toy for Ziyu. He sent a text to Lay telling him he was outside the door. Once the song ended it never started again so Luhan knew practice was over. Lay and Suho came through the door shortly after both sweaty and panting. Ziyu jump up running at Lay, but the kid ran through his legs into Suho’s arms. “Cheoho~~” He grinned.

“Oh now you love Suho more then Uncle Lay?” Lay pouted sitting down next to Luhan.

“Suho hyung is better, huh Ziyu?” Suho asked kissing his chubby cheeks.

“Neh neh! Cheoho~ Ma Cheoho~” The toddler grinning pecking the older mans cheeks.

“Ohh, Lay ge I think you have completion.” Luhan chuckled, “Aish Ziyu can have ‘em.” Lay teased.

“Cheo, ma rawr!” Zi pointed down at the dragon that sat on the floor. Suho had hung out with him enough already to know what he wanted. He picked up the dragon handing it to him. He sat next to Lay letting Ziyu run free again.

“So what do you guys want to do? Dad left me the car..” Luhan looked over at them. “I’m hungry! Zizi are you hungry? You wanna go eat with Cheoho?” Suho asked the little boy that was attacking his leg with the toy.

“Yes! I want cha siu bao!” He jumped up and down falling into Suho’s legs.

“You want what?” Suho asked looking at Luhan. “Pork filled steam buns. So looks like Chinese food.”

‘Mmm, Chinese food.” Suho stood up, “Lets go changes, boo.” He handed over Ziyu and held a hand out for Lay.

“Yah you two doing talk long, no funny business.” Luhan yelled after them getting a laugh from both of them. Luhan packed up the baby’s stuff and headed to the car to wait for them. He started the car turning on some music, he was singing along when his door open and the two men he was waiting on shuffled in.

“Less singing more driving. Sooo hungry.” Suho whined from the back. Luhan drove down to a little dim sum shop, it was a very little shop and only Chinese people went there. Suho was the first in the door, followed by Lay then Luhan and Ziyu. The lady waiting to seat people only spoke in Chinese so when she asked Suho how many he stared at her.
 

“Three and a half.” Lay replied in mandarin pulling Suho along with him to the table, Luhan sat down still giggling at the face Suho made.

“Okay auntie, aish I’m going.” A Korean man groaned while walked over to the table, “Luhan!” He almost yelled running over and hugging the man tight, “Jongdae~” Luhan squeaked hugging him tight back.

“When did you get back?” He asked, “Two days ago~” Luhan smiled happily. “Omo, who is this?” He asked looking at Ziyu, “Jongdae this is Ziyu, Ziyu say hi to Jongdae.”

“No hao~” The little boy bowed in his highchair. After that all the Aunties had to come met the baby, play with his cheeks and get kisses from him. Not like he minded he loved being the center of attention.

Jongdae took their order making sure everything was perfect for his friends. They ate happily enjoying the tasty food. Suho got a mandarin lesion while eating; the tough him how to pronounce what he was stuffing his face with. Full, sleepy and happily the boys head back to Lay and Luhan’s.

 

Luhan curled up in his bed with Ziyu, the snuggled close while Zi slept. Luhan watched him for a while in two weeks he wouldn’t get to spend every waking moment with him. He wasn’t much of a fan of that but they’d give it a shot. If it didn’t work out and Ziyu still needed him he’d quit school.

His father already told him he could go to work for the company. Then Ziyu could so to school their and become a trainee then on to be famous. Or Luhan could become famous. He had an amazing voice and dance skill. But that still meant being away from Ziyu. He didn’t like that idea at all. He just wanted to spend the rest of his days curled up with his baby. That sounded nice but he knew it couldn’t happen.

After a while his thoughts turned into dream and his eyes shut before he knew it. He was sitting in a hall way Ziyu in his lap playing with that little dragon. Then an arm slide around his waist and he turned to see who it was. It was Kris, smile leaning in for a kiss. Of course he leaned closer but just before their lips touched someone kicked his side making him jolt away.

Ziyu was rolling in the bed, his face scrunched tears pushing out of his closed eyes, whimpers and soft crys left the baby boy. He was having a nightmare. Luhan picked him of softly shaking him so he’d wake up.

“Mommy!” He cried clinging on two Luhan, Luhan softly rocked him. “Shh baby, Mommys here. I’m right here baby, I wont let the monsters get you baby, I promise.” Luhan began to softly sing rocking his baby back to sleep.

Luhan fished in a bag for the baby sling, he tucked Zi into it with his blanket and dragon plushy then put his head and arm in it so it hung across his abdomen keeping Zi snuggled in it.

“I have laundry to do..” He sighed standing up, thanks to the sling he had both hands free so he picked up a big basket and headed down the stairs. He walked in the kitchen finding two people at the island. “Luhan ah~” His father called.

“Shh, Gangie, the baby is sleeping.” The long haired man turned around looking at Luhan.

“He can’t hear us all the way down here..” Hangeng shook his head. “Yes he can silly, that thing Luhan is wear is a baby sling, hes in there asleep.” Heechul laughed softly. “Hey, Lulu~” He smiled standing up. He hugged the boy around the basket and sling.

“Chullie Umma~!” He grinned hugging the best h could with one arm.

“I want to see my baby.” Heechul peeked into the sling. “He was crying?”

“Neh, he had a bad dream so I put him in here just to make sure I’m right here if he starts having another. But I have a ton of clothes to wash.” Luhan held up the basket in his arms.

“Do you want some help? I’d be more then happy to help you. Come on Geng.” Heechul took the basket before Luhan could even respond. “You go sit down, we’ll put these in the wash.” He motioned for Luhan to got sit.

“Okay, bring me my other clothes that are in the dryer, Ill found them while I sit.” He walked into the living room sitting down in a old rocking chair. He new it was his grandmother’s; she gave to his mother when Lay was born. He remembered getting rocked in it by his father when he’d have bad dream. So maybe this would help Ziyu sleep better.

Heechul brought him the clothes he sad for, while rocking softly he folded the clothes then put them away. He did this a few times until all his and Ziyu’s clothes where washed.

It was late once he finished all the laundry, Heechul and Hangeng had gone to bed, Lay and Suho woke up, ate then went back to bed, now Luhan fixed himself a bite to eat and a few bottles Zi would need during the night and first thing in the morning.

He ate then was off to bed. He set up the playpen in his room placing his baby in there to sleep for the rest of the night. He changed and crawled into bed. Looking over at his desk was a picture of him and Kris. Luhan was smiling and Kris kissing his cheek. He smiled a little thinking about it.

 

Only 1 week and 6 days to go.