Chapter 5 - "I never knew appa danced..."

The Distance Between Us

Choi Jongin POV 

Appa is going to a conference in Busan, he'll be there for the whole week. That means I'll be staying my "grandparents" for the whole week. It's been almost two months since I joined the new dance studio and I have already learn so much. Our teacher Lay said only one of us will be chosen by Mr. Lee to be his student and that Mr.Lee is the best dancer he had ever seen. I still believe umma is better! Grandma Key always handed me this videos he had of umma dancing and whatever style he was dancing it was always really fascinating, I like contemporary the best he would always look like an angel, I want to be as good as him so someday I'll find him and make him proud! 

 

"Jongin sweetie, do you like your new dance studio?" Grandma took me out of my strain of thoughts.

 

"It's awesome grandma! I already learned so many new things and styles! And our teacher told us that the owner, Mr. Lee that is this AMAZING dancer is going to choose one of us that he'll train personally! Do you know what that means?" Grandma smiled at me 

 

"What, darling?" 

 

"That I'll get better and better and my dream is a step closer!" 

 

"Your dream? And what is dream?" 

 

"I want to be able to stand on a world stage and that one day umma will watch me and know it's me! I want to make him proud!" Grandma gave me a sad smile and I could see a tear on the corner of his eye "No grandma... Don't cry..." 

 

"Oh sweetheart... I bet he would be already really proud of this amazing young man in front of me!" He hug me close and sniff.

"I want in on that hug too!" I pouty grandpa said when he closed the door and made us laugh as he squeezed in our hug "Being receive home like this is soooo good!" 

 

"Ohhh! Grandma has something to show you! The other day I was cleaning and I finally found something I always wanted to show you!" He pulled me to the couch and pressed play on the VHS player. And I could see umma on a studio dancing suddenly appa appear and they danced together. Umma was like a angel flying and appa had the most in love face on... It was so beautiful, it was like all their love was going out of the screen and make everyone feel warm. It was a love that anyone would want to feel. When it came to his end I looked over to grandma and he was on grandpa arms sniffling as grandpa rock him. 

 

"I never knew appa danced..." was the first thing that came out of my mouth, they laughed

 

"Your appa would do anything for your umma even dancing... I remembered being so jealous of their love eventhough me and Jjong had a beautiful love story, their love was simply breathtaking..." I nodded.

 

"Can I keep it?"  grandma nodded and smiled

 

"Do you wanna know a secret?" I nodded "Look at the date on the screen" as looked my mouth opened and my eyes went wide "Yes darling... Umma was already pregnant with you! He didn't know it yet but when he did his smile was so broad and he couldn't shine more brightly or he would blind us all" I smiled through my tears and press play again.

 

Lee Taemin POV 

I opened the door to the room only I knew, this was our room the room where I danced in your arms. I was cleaning it, it was the only restricted area of the studio and the reason I was so hardheaded about buying this building. I sat in the middle of the room and closed my eyes and somehow on my mind the whole seen played again in my mind. I love you... and only you! Are you waiting for me? Will I ever be able to dance on your arms once again? Minho...

 

Author's POV

In his hotel room Minho looked at the stars, and he could only think about how eventhough they shined brightly neither of those was as bright as his love... his one and only...

"I'm waiting for you... Taemin..." 

 

------------------------------§§§§--------------------------- 

 

Author's note: 

I'm sorry I have been so out of it but college keeps me really busy and I'll write little by little... I'm preparing a KyungSoo special since I still need to tell his story! Please patiently for me! *-* to those that waited patiently for this update I'm sorry and thank you for making you wait! For the new ones I hope you subscribe and for all I hope you like it and leave me a comment! Bye bye!

P.S- I hope you watched the video on het link and that you can imagine Taemin & Minho dancing that way ^^