Chapter 4 - Hidden In The Dark

The Distance Between Us

KyungSoo POV

It's our free period and Kai is whinning on his sit. He has been training very hard for an audition on my umma's new studio, I'm not suppose to say who's studio is it so I really can't tell him eventhough I really want to...

"I'm trying to create a routine but I can't come up with nothing suitable... I don't even know what they want..." 

"Don't prepare one..." I know the person who's judging more than anyone and my umma likes when people really feel the music "Just try to feel the music and go along with it" he looks at me and smiles

"That's a great idea Soo! Thank You!" he gets up from his sit and kisses my cheek before running leaving me there blushing.

*15 minutes later*

"Soo!~~~" an excited Kai comes and sits next to me in the bench located on a secluded part of the school's garden "I found the perfect song!" He puts his earplug in my ear and smiles at me as the music starts playing. 

"It's cool... " I start to move my head to the beat and Kai smile his kiddy sweet smile.

''I'm glad you like it, Kyungie—ah?''

'Hmm?' I looked at my music book again and he laid his head on my lap.

''Are you coming to watch?'' I nodded and his smile grew bigger 'My mom was a dancer... I hope someday he'll see me in the stage and feel proud of his son'' he closed his eyes and we just spent the whole free time like that. 

Taemin POV

Today is the day of our auditions, I'm good at my job... It's also my passion and after all this years dance and KyungSoo were the only sane on your absense. Many new the studio was own by a famous anonymous choreographer, I just wanted to leave in the shadows until I'm ready to face you again. I sat in the darkest corner of the auditorium just holding an notepad with names and numbers mostly were nicknames. Onew hyung sat next to me watching the auditions that Lay was directing, a lot of kids came with hopeful faces and talent—

''There's alot of talented kids, it's going to be a tough choice Taeminnie'' Onew hyung said while observing another kid enter the stage.

''The talent isn't the real question, the real question is if you have  passion? All this kids are too concerned about going through auditions to actually feels the music...''

'You can't really judge them, Tae'' I just nodded and look at the stage.

''NEXT DANCER! Number 93 — Kai.''

I waited and a tall boy enter the stage, bowed politely and smiled.

"Anneyeonghaseyo I'm Kai, and I'm going to dance lightsaber by a group called EXO. I don't have anything really prepared to be honest so I'll just feel the music and dance!" He said scratching the back of his head, I like this kid already, the music started and he dance with all his might. His moves were sharp and precise and I could feel his passion. He bowed again and said goodbye I looked at Onew hyung and he smirked.

"Looks like you made your choice!" I nodded and kept watching the auditions in the final I gave a list to Lay and he proceeded to announce the accepted ones and another thing. 

"The owner Mr.Lee will only train one of you, he has some people he's watching so you better work really hard on the next few weeks, he'll be always watching! You're all dismissed, be here next monday after school." I got up from my sit and went to my office. 

POV Onew

I smiled as I see Taemin leave the auditorium 'Tae... Tae... I always thought you'd recognise him as you looked at him' as I walk out of the auditorium I see Soo talking to the excited boy, Soo looks at me and smiles. 

"Kai that's my uncle Onew!" I approach him and he smiles and bows greeting me.

"Call me uncle too!" I smile a give him a hug. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry I'm late again. I'm in Switzerland and I have been writing this on my phone and in little pieces. I'M SORRY MY LOVELIES! <3 Please tell me what you think about this chapter.