Prologue

The Distance Between Us

Minho and Taemin were in the doctor's room waiting for him to come back with the result for Taemin's exams, they were both scared Taemin was really sick since for the past weeks he feels sick vomiting and fainting, moody too, although they were both worried and scared the elder would never admit to the younger he was scared.

"Minho?"

"Yes baby?" he looks at Taemin and combs his auburn hair with his fingers

"What if I'm really sick? What if... I'll die?" Taemin said with tears in his eyes

"Shh~ baby I'm here, you won't die I won't let anyone take you from me not even death ok?" the younger nods as the doctor enters de room reading some papers with a nurse trailing behind him, both of them smiling "So doctor... Is he ok?"

"Mr.Choi you only have to worried about learning how to built a crib!" both looked at the doctor confused "Mr.Choi and Mr.Lee congratulations you are going to be parents" both the doctor and nurse smile as they start to teach the young couple the precautions they have to take and making a ultrasound that made Taemin cry even though the baby was too little for them to actually see something.

Six months pregnant

Taemin was laying on the couch with his back on Minho's chest humming a sweet melody while they caress his baby bump.

"Minho what are we going to call our baby boy?" Minho kissed his neck and whispered in his ear

"Whatever my Minnie prefers~"

"Let's call him Jongin!" Minho look at Taemin and chuckled

"Why Jongin?"

"It means benevolent, gracious, kind... I want him to be all of those... You don't like it?"

"Choi Jongin... I love it, baby don't worry!"

"Minho isn't bad that I'm scared? I'm scared of not being a good mother..." Minho hugged his lover tighly but carefully not to hurt their baby

"Baby~ I bet all the parents in the world feel scared, but isn't that a part of becoming a parent?! Being afraid of screwing up. I think being scared makes even better parents!" Taemin gave a peck on Minho's cheek and smiled

"Thank you love, what would I do without you?!"

"Probably die of hunger, let's face it Minnie you're a awful cook" they both laugh as Taemin hit Minho's arm "You better be fabulous with baby formula!" he stole a deep kiss from his lover joining their foreheads.

Birthday - January 14th, 1998

Minho was in the kitchen making dinner for Taemin and himself when a loud scream rip through the house.

"MINHO!" Minho left all he was doing and run to their shared room to find Taemin in a fetal position holding his baby bump "Minho, it hurts!" Minho picked Taemin bridal style and rushed to his car "Minho what's happening?" Taemin was scared to death something was wrong with their baby.

"I think is time ok baby? I need you to breathe" Minho put Taemin down on the passenger sit and run to the other side as he started driving as fast as he could to reach the hospital calling their doctor to warn him it was time.

They rush Taemin through the hospital hallways until he was in a surgery room where they are going to do a c-section on Taemin while Minho waited outside calling for their bestfriends Jonghyun and Key. They arrived in 5 minutes Key had a spatula in his hand and Jonghyun was missing a shoe.

"How are they?" Key asked Minho breathless from all the running

"I don't know..." said a nervous and scared Minho "They wouldn't let me in and Taemin was screaming so much" he said with tears in his eyes, Key hugged him and said that everything was going to be ok.

2 hours later, the light went off and a tired doctor went out of the surgery room and trailing behind him came a nurse holding a blue bundle in her arms "Hey daddy~" She said while he placed the blue bundle in Minho's arms.

"Hey Jonginie~" Minho said smiling looking at his baby, he look so much like Taemin already he hold the bundle tightly in his arms and look up to the doctor and nurse "Where's Taemin? Can we see him?" The doctor looked at him sadly

"Mr.Choi, Mr.Lee's parents are in the hospital and Mr.Lee is underage so they have his custody, Mr. Lee lost alot of blood but he's ok he'll wake up in a few hours, but Mr. & Mrs.Lee don't want you or they baby near Mr.Lee and as their legal guardians the hospital has to do what they are demading so..." Minho looked at the doctor with tears in his eyes "Mr.Lee will be sent to another hospital in a few minutes there's nothing we can do sorry..."

"No they can't do this to us! Taemin needs us and we need him! I promised him no one would take him from my arms!" Minho said breaking down as he put Jongin in Key's arms and demand to know where Taemin and his parents where, soon he saw a couple walking out giving him dirty looks "Hey! You cannot take him from us!" he said getting close to the couple

"Watch us!" said Mr.Lee as Mrs.Lee looked sadly to him and then to the bundle on Key's arms.

"I'm sorry!" she whispered "Take good care of our grandchild!" she said as her husband pull her away, Key aproach Minho with Jongin in his arms trying to comfort the crying mess Minho had become.

"Give him to me!" Key placed little Jonginie in his appa's arms and Minho left for a corner as he coed the crying baby he whispered "Shh~ appa's here~Appa will bring mommy back!" Key startedto cry and Jonghyun embraced his crying husband feeling his friends hurt.

Author's space:

Here you go the prologue for what happened when Jongin was born, I hope this is  good... *hides in a corner*

Subscribe & comment please!

Next update: Tomorrow