Chapter 1 - Appa, where's mommy?

The Distance Between Us

Age: 3 years old

Minho wakes up with a small giggle coming from the child next to him, he opens his eyes to obverse little cutie Jonginie playing with the bed covers, as soon as he sees his dad looking at him he giggles louder and pulls the covers to his face.

"Appa! Boo!" little Jonginie pulls the covers down and giggles, Minho looks at his son and smiles. His little Jongin, today is his 3rd birthday and Minho took the day off in his uni to spend the day with his son, he sits up and pulls the small child to his lap.

"Good morning, baby boy! Happy Birthday!" the little boy claps his hands smiling at his father, Minho feels happy his son was in his arms smiling and Jongin is a really healthy baby but as he looks at the side of his bed the love of his life is missing, Jongin's mom who should be smooching the baby with kisses is nowhere to be found, his clothes are still in Minho's closet and a picture frame lays on his bedside table.

Lee Taemin

'Where are you baby? Jonginie is growing up well, but he really needs a mommy...' Minho thinks as a tear rolls down his face towards Jongin's little hand, he looked at his father and put his little hand on Minho's cheek.

"Appa no cry cry!"

"No Jongin, daddy won't cry my baby boy!" he smile to his son cleaning his cheeks "Let's get ready to go! We'll have a big day, it's all planned out! And at night Key granny wants to go to his house!" he said and pick Jongin in his arms and getting ready.

Meanwhile, Taemin sat in his bed in LA with his knees curled up to his chest crying his little heart out 'Baby mommy misses you... It's been 3 years mommy wants to go to you and daddy but they won't let me... Sorry baby mommy's weak... Sorry my love for not being with you, raise Jongin well, neh? And please wait for me!' He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear his door open and his mom sitting next to him, just when his mom called his name and pat his back lightly he looked at her.

"Here you go, Taeminie~This is the only thing I could got you~" She said and laid a picture of a small child in his hands, he looked at it and started crying harder while his mom hugged him tight "Sorry Taeminie, mommy's sorry!" she said as she cried a bit.

"He's so beautiful..." Taemin cried and looked at the photo in his hands.

Baby Jongin

Age: 7 years old

Minho worked as an intern in Seoul Central Hospital, although he work long hours he still make time to be with his son, Minho had just packed the 7 year-old his lunch as he appear bouncing up and down on the kitchen.

"Appa! Appa! You're going to see my dance recital today, right?" Minho frowned he had to work really fast today if he wanted to get to Jongin's recital.

"Appa will try cupcake... But Key and Jonghyun will be there..." Jongin gave him his little pout, oh god he looked too much like Taemin, Minho could never handle their cuteness.

"Appa, where's mommy?" Minho looked at Jongin and sigh he knew this question would pop out sooner or later but he knew too he would never be prepared to handle it. He sat on the kitchen chair and pull Jongin to his lap.

"You see cupcake, mommy is really special and beautiful, she loves you very much but right now she can't be here because some people took her away from daddy and daddy was not strong enough to stop them, but make sure your little heart knows Umma and Appa love you very very much and that Umma will come back to hold you and cuddle you, we will both wait for him together, ok?" He picked Jongin up and he looked at the dorr where Jongkey was standing, Jonghyun holding a crying Key, Jongin didn't ask anything just nod and believe his appa "Do you want to see umma, baby boy?" he nod and Minho pick up the frame he had in his bedside table draw and gave it to Jongin.

"Woah~Appa, umma's so beautiful!" he said as he holds the frame tightly to his heart "Umma you're so beautiful~Umma, Jonginie will wait and take care of appa, ok?" Minho smile at his cute little boy 'See Taemin he's kind and benevolent just like you said'.

Taemin on the other continent was training his off, he would become a great dancer and get rid of his parents control, he would open his own studio in Seoul and find Minho and Jongin and become the family, Minho and himself always planned. The small knock on the dance room brought him to hearth again and a little wide-eyed boy look at him from the door frame, how could he forgot his little KyungSoo? The little boy that save him when his life was so dark... Everyday KyungSoo made something at school he would bring it to his umma, eventhough his dad really disliked hearing the boy calling him umma, he wouldn't have it any other way because someday he would get back to Minho arms and so the only appa KyungSoo will have is Minho because that's his family. He open his arms to welcome the small boy, he was so petit and squishy that Taemin could only smooch him all the time, He hold KyungSoo in his arms and looked at the mirror as he imagine in his head Jongin in his arms too and Minho holding them in his strong arms again.

16 years later

Age: 16 years old

Jongin got up dressed his uniform and run downstairs finding his appa making his breakfast looking tired from all the hours on the hospital, this 34 year-old man that fought everyday to be there to his son, that lived half of his life waiting there's no other person in the world Jongin admires this much.

"Good morning Appa!" Minho smile at his son and put the breakfast on the table.

"Good morning, how was your day yesterday?" Minho asked feeling guilty for not being able to talk with Jongin yesterday.

"Great! The teacher announced that we'll have a new student in my class and when I was coming home from school I saw this new dance studio that is about to open up!" He said excited, Minho smiled, Jongin was alawys a happy child and so entusiastic with his dancing "Dad, do you think I go to that dance studio?"

"And your ballet dance studio?"

"I want to try new styles and get new experiences, ballet got boring when everyone just started to lean on me..." Minho nodded.

"If that's what you want~" Jongin jumped from his chair and grabbed his school bag

"Thanks dad! You're the best! I'm late damn it!" he run to the door srinting outside Minho looked at the door and the shoes next to the door 'That kid...' He went outside and yelled.

"JONGIN YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR SHOES AND PUT SOME SOCKS ON!" He shook his head at the returning Jongin and whatched his son stumble as he put his socks and shoes on and runto the door.

Minho finally laid on his bed and took the frame from the bedside table 'Taemin he grow up fine... Did I make a good job? He's a happy kid... Taemin, I need you... Taemin, I miss you...' he said as he stretch his hand up "Though I extend my hand, though I extend it with all my strength, I can’t reach you..."

Author's space:
 
I enjoy writing this fic very much but I really have know idea if this is good of if I'm just a big fail :p
Either way I'm going to keep writing it, cuz it's fun to me and I really loved to put this 2 couples and groups together :3
Comment & Subscribe please <3