Chapter 3 - "Please, please give yourself a chance to be happy!"

The Distance Between Us

Taemin POV

I sat on the floor of the lonely dance studio, I remember when I would practice and you would sit with your back against the mirror smiling at me and cheering me on. When I would practice until my legs give in for a part in the next recital, you would wait for me and wipe my sweat with a towel as you brought me to rest in your arms. I miss you... I miss those big frog-like eyes that looked at me with so much love and care and your sweet smile always welcoming, I smile slightly remember you makes my heart tremble with love, longing and sadness. I need you. I want you. But I don't know if I should look for you....

"Umma~" calls a sweet voice I look at KyungSoo and open my arms to receive him "I love when you smile, umma... your smile is beautiful but so sad at the same time..." I squish him in my arms, my sweet sweet BabySoo.

"Don't worry BabySoo!" he looks at me in disapproval of the nickname and I pinch his cheeks "How was your first day on the new school?" he shrugs "You didn't make new friends?" I'm always worried, Soo is too shy... I want him to have friends to interact with people more. He didn't have an easy childhood, he has a lot of nightmares but he never tells anyone about what they are, I can't make him but I'm worried...

"I kind of talked with one of my classmates, he was really nice!" he blurts out and blushes.

"You kind of...?"

"Yes, it was more like he talks and I listen and I was embarassed he's really handsome and charming mom..." he blushes more, KyungSoo is not our kid but he sure is a lot like you, it's hard to take two words out of his mouth "His name is Kai..."

"Kai? Oh that's an unusual name, is he korean?" he nods "That sounds japanese..."

"He's a dancer, I think that's a nickname people gave to him. I didn't saw him dance but the others say he's really good" I nod and smile when look at the door as we hear footsteps, that's not normal no one should be here the studio opens tomorrow and it's too late to be any worker Lay, Yunho and Eunhyuk the dance instructors don't have the key yet... I relax when I see the sweet smile of my brother "Onew! How in hell did you get inside?" he shrugs.

"The door was opened I invite myself in! Now come on, my little Taeminie won't you give your beloved hyung a hug?" I smile and get up to hug him "How are you?"

"As good as Lee Taemin can be!" I whisper he hugs me tighter.

"Did you already look for them?" I shake my head.

"Why?" I let go.

"We'll talk about it at home! Come on!" he nods and smiles to Soo and opens his arms to recieve a really happy KyungSoo, they loved eachother matter fact Onew had been KyungSoo's rolemodel and teacher since he was young. They both share the same passion for singing and a soft voice.

As we get home and KyungSoo goes to make us something to eat, it's sad but I at cooking, Itried but really I would give food poising to someone so I quit!

"Why didn't you look for Minho and your child?" Onew asks as soon as Soo goes into the kitchen.

"How can I? I don't know anything about them... Maybe Minho married someone already and my child has a umma!" I look at the ring still in my finger, our engagement ring is still there I'm not able to take it since deep in my heart I still wish for our promise to still stand after 16 years.

"I don't think he did... I knew how he looked at you... I love like yours won't fade with time! When dad took you from Minho I was there I still feel guilty for not stoping him, mom does too, I saw Minho cradle your son in his arms crying and looking broken!" he looks at his feet "I know I was not the hyung I should've been right there but I couldn't go against dad..." I hugged him, because I know how guilty he felt through out this years, he said his sorry so many times. But I know it's not his fault and Onew couldn't be a better hyung he was always there for me even after I was so broken I didn't thought I had a way to be fixed.

"It's not your fault, hyung... I know you did what you could at that moment!" he took my hands on his.

"Taemin, hyung doesn't know a lot but one thing hyung is completely sure of his Minho's love for you! We both know him to well he doesn't give up! Much less not on you! Look for him, look for your son I'm sure they are both waiting for you!" I nod slightly since I'm still a bit uncertain.

"Please, Taeminie! Hyung wants to meet his other nephew!" I smile "He really looked like you!"

"I know!" he looked at me again with a serious face that made me laugh "YAH! Lee Taemin, don't laugh at your hyung!" 

"Mianhae hyung but your serious face is really hilarious..." he still looked serious and I stop laughing.

"Taemin, hyung is serious! Please, please give yourself a chance to be happy! Look for them!" I only could think that maybe they had a whole life made and that my intrusion will make them unhappy and ruin their lifes.

"I'll think about it, hyung!"

Author's note:

I started writing this chapter on sunday when I got home but... my teacher thought it was a good idea to sent a email to us saying "You'll have a test on tuesday, be ready!" and I thought ' You! You had a whole week to warn us but you choose to say it 2 days before! Now I have to use this 2 whole days to study all things for the test... (-.-') i want to kill you with my bare hands!!!" I had my english test today, so I had to postponed the update, I'm really REALLY sorry! I liked writing this chap, but I have a feeling you won't like it...

RANT: My damn history teacher say we're going to have a test on the 27th, 2 days after SHINee's 6th Anniversary so I have to study all I can now so I'll be able to take the 25th off to be on the activities planned by SHINee Portugal, I'm really unhappy!!! (-.-')