"Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Come up here now!"

Idiots Who Are Angels

 (Jiyeon's P.O.V.) 

               I was in the cafeteria eating lunch with my "best friend" Yumi. Yumi isn't really the best kind of friend you would like to have. She cares a lot of popularity and she always thinks she's better than me at everything. Whenever she gets a good grade, she would always boast to me about her extremely good grade. It gets annoying sometimes, but I'm really shy and I guess you could say anti-social so I don't really have that many friends. Sad, right? I sighed and stared at my sandwich. 

"Hey Jiyeon! Are you done daydreaming about your sandwich?" Yumi blurted out and giggled. I stopped staring at my sandwich and took a small bite out of it. "Yeah," I replied. 

She smiled, with that horrible grin of hers. She took a bite of her hamburger and turned to look at me, "Jiyeon, can you do me a favor?" Oh no, her favors are never good. One time, she asked me to climb up a tree just to get a paper airplane that got stuck on top. After I took the paper airplane, it was useless because she then threw it away. I took a deep sigh and responded, "What is it?" 

"Okay, so you're really smart," She started. Oh no, here it comes. "..so I was wondering if you could maybe help me with my math homework? It's really difficult and Mr. Kang didn't really explain it accurately, please?" Maybe if you actually paid attention then you would understand, I thought. 

Being the nice person I am, I nodded and said, "Sure, I guess." She stood up excitedly. "Omg, really?! Thank you Jiyeonnie! Thank you! You're the bestest friend ever," She smiled and clapped her hands. 

Bestest friend ever, huh? She only says that when I agree to do her favors which is always. It's really hard for me to say no to anybody, even if it's my enemies. I just can't. I'm too generous. It's sad. 

I placed back the tray on the washer's area and sat on the seat for a few minutes. I was just thinking. Yumi basically takes advantage of me, so she doesn't really see me as a real friend. Or best friend. She likes to make fun of me a lot, and correct my mistakes that aren't really mistakes and she would always say, "Oops, my bad." I hate it when she says that. I also hate it when I make a real mistake and she would say, "I told you!" Sometimes, I just want to slap her face and yell at her and never continue to be friends with her forever. But, I need a friend and I don't even care if it's a fake friend. I just need a friend. 

The school bell rang and I stood up, heading to my next class. 


  "Jiyeon," Mr. Lee called my name and I stopped writing, and looked up at him. "Yes, Mr. Lee?" He looked at me with a serious look, and I can admit I was starting to become a little anxious but I stayed still. 

"Can you give me a language and maybe explain a little bit about it?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

"Hmm. . . um, Chinese." I chose and he nodded. "Okay, explain what you know about the Chinese language," 

I started, "Well, the Chinese language or I should say Mandarin is spoken by a lot of people specifically in China, but there are other people who speak it as well. Usually, a lot of people say that the Chinese characters are very hard to learn. In fact, if you try hard..I think you can succeed. I have aunts and uncles who actually lives in China and I've seen a lot of people who spoke Mandarin there and their accent were very different from ours," I suddenly stopped when I heard a, "Well, duh." coming out from Hara (the one who thinks she's the smartest person in the class)'s mouth. "I'm finished," I said, feeling disappointed after Hara's comment. 

"Thank you, Jiyeon-ssi. That was a very good explanation and you even added some personal experience so that was nice," Mr. Lee smiled and continued talking about languages to the class. 

I heard chuckles from the guys sitting behind me. I turned around and it turned out that they were watching a video on their phones. "Look at her twerking, I'd so tap that." One guy said, chuckling. "I know right? Look at how hot she is omg, like can I be in bed with her," Another guy sitting next to him commented. "Get that booty, let's have some booty," another guy sang, while laughing.

I believed they were watching people twerking and can I just say, that's disgusting. People here can be so immature and that makes me feel awful because we should start acting like our age, not a 5-year old's. 

The school bell rang and it was time to go home. 


I walked down to the park, near from the school and sat on a bench comfortably. I enjoyed the fresh air, surrounding me and blowing my long dark hair. I would always come here in the park after school, just to think about stuff and maybe read a couple of minutes. I liked the quiet atmosphere. I started to take out my book out of my backpack when I heard my cellphone rang. I looked at it and it was a Yumi calling. I feel like she needs another favor from me, wow. I pressed answer. 

"Hello Yumi," I answered. "Omg, Jiyeon! Quick quick! Can you come here to my house? It's really urgent," She said quickly. What could've gone wrong? 

"What happened?" I asked. "No times for such stupid questions, Jiyeon. Come here now!" She yelled and hang up the phone. Well, then. 

I quickly picked up my backpack and ran quickly to Yumi's house, which wasn't really that distant from the park. I arrived at her house and knocked on the door. It was her mom, Mrs. Kim who opened the door. 

"Oh, good afternoon Jiyeon-ssi." Mrs. Kim greeted me and smiled. "Good afternoon to you too, Mrs. Kim." I bowed with a 90-degrees angle. 

"Yumi, Jiyeon's here!" Mrs. Kim called out to Yumi from downstairs. I could hear Yumi running down the stairs because of her loud footsteps, "Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Come up here now!" She exclaimed at me. What did I do? 

I walked up the stairs and headed to her bedroom. "What's the urgent problem?" She looked at me with annoyance. By the way, her bedroom didn't looked that organized. Or even at all. I saw her shoes and heels scattering on the floor, food wrappers on her table, her accessories everywhere, her posters are tearing, her walls written with a bunch of random words, and basically blobs everywhere. 

"Jiyeon, I lost my prom dress!" She yelled and whined, little tears were coming out of her face. Um, okay? I looked at her with a calm look, "So...that was the urgent problem?" I asked. 

"Yes! You heard me! Now, help me find it before I explode!" She yelled loudly, that I had to cover my ears. "Alright," 

I searched everywhere and I even had to crawl down her bed, just to see if she might've dropped her dress there or something. I checked her closet and it was such a big blob mess. Her apparels didn't even match. The shirts were with her shorts, the skirts were with her underwears and bras, everything looked awful. 

After about 15 minutes, she asked, "Jiyeon! Did you find it yet?" She yelled at me again, with a sad face. I shook my head. 

"Maybe it's in my other drawer," She pointed to her other drawer. "Can you please check if it's there?" I had nothing to do, but nod. I searched through her messy clothes. 

"Aha!" She exclaimed. I turned around, "What happened?" She smiled and jumped up and down, "I found it! It was in the dryer downstairs, there it was! Yay!!" She sounded like a happy 6-year old, who just received a candy from her parents. 

"Sorry for bothering you, Jiyeon." She grinned. "It's okay," was all I said. 

"You can head home now if you want, unless you want to stay for dinner with us. We're having pork belly, but there's ramen too, if you prefer that better because I know you love ramen so much." She smiled and walked downstairs, to the kitchen with me following her. 

I never said I love ramen, I just eat them most of the time because she wouldn't share any of her lunch. And whenever she would, it would usually be leftovers, vegetables, fruits that I don't like, and basically foods I avoid to eat. I hate it when she always does that. Other students in my class would always tell me to speak up for myself, but I can never do that. It's just..not me. 

I headed to the kitchen where I found Mrs. Kim, getting all the plates and utensils ready. I quickly walked up to her and said, "Oh, let me help you Mrs. Kim." I smiled and took the utensils and carefully placed them on each plate and then I took some napkins and placed them on each plate as well. We finished getting all the plates and utensils ready after about 10 minutes. 

"Thank you so much for your help, Jiyeon-ssi." Mrs. Kim smiled. "No problem," 

She asked, "You're a really nice young lady. I'm so glad Yumi is friends with you," I nodded and smiled. "Yeah," 

"Are you staying for dinner?" She asked me. I thought about it and I looked up at the clock. It was 7:25 pm and I realized I still had to do homework and all my other routines. "Omg, I would love to Mrs. Kim but..I'm really late and I still have a bunch of things to do at home," 

"Oh, that's sad. I really wanted you to stay with us for dinner, but if you're late..then it's alright. Thanks for your help again and have a good night," She said and led me out the door. "You're welcome, Mrs. Kim. Tell Yumi good night for me please," I bowed another 90-degrees angle. 

"I will," After that, I started to walked home.