Chapter 6

You’re my Eyes

Still Jessica’s POV

 

“How?” - I asked almost whisper.

 

“Brain Cancer” - He said. I was stunned, that’s why he wasn’t able to tell me the truth of his illness. That’s why I can feel him getting afraid while asking him. That’s why he kept on changing the topic when I’m asking him. He had been suffering from brain cancer ever since I met him.

 

“Jessica, the reason why Yul wasn’t able to visit you a week ago it’s because he was transferred to the ICU for his tumor got bigger and he was suffering from major headache. But that day, when he finally visits, he requested the doctor to just let him be, because he wants to see you and that day also was his last time here on earth”. Then it hits me. When Yul feel in the floor saying his head is in pain. That’s the signal of the last time I would be able to feel his presence.

 

End of POV

 

Flashback

 

Yul’s Brother’s POV

 

                I was looking at a picture; it was me and my brother Yul. We were so look alike. I smiled at it and caressed his face in the picture. He’s been a very great big brother to me. He took care of me and even sometimes took the beating that was for me from father. I’ve been a bastard son to my parents so when I make some trouble my brother was always there for me to help me.

 

                I was surprised when the news spread about my brother is suffering from brain cancer. He had been staying in the hospital for many months now. There’s a time when I took visit, he told me she met a girl and the same as him, she was suffering too but due to blindness. He said to me how gorgeous, pretty and adorable that girl she met. I smiled all the time my brother spoke about that girl. I’ve never seen him so happy like this. I should really thank her for bringing happiness to my brother although he’s in pain.

 

                I was in a drag car racing that time when our butler called telling me Yul is in 50-50 chance in surviving now. I immediately went to the hospital to check on my brother. When I arrived, I watched as he was being injected with different dextrose in his body. But when he saw me, he still has the guts to smile and telling me to come closer to him. He kept telling me of how she love the blind girl she was talking about. And told me when she can finally see, I should replace him knowing that he can’t survive himself in his situation. He told me what to do. I nodded even though I’m crying. It is all for my brother and I should do it for him. Her name was Jessica but he told me to call her Sica since she liked it.

 

Flashback Ends

 

                When I saw her, she was really pretty like how my brother described. I told him I was Yul but she just won’t believe so I told her the truth but deep inside my heart I was hurting for I broke the promise to my brother. She was really crying her heart now infront of me but she look at me.

 

“What’s your name?” - She asked me in a cracking voice.

 

“Yoona. Kwon Yoona but you can call me Yoong.” - I said.

 

                Jessica has been discharged a month ago and I was more than happy of it. I learned lot of things from her. We became such good friends. And I think I was falling in love with her now. Who would not be if you meet this pretty kind lady?

 

 

                I wonder if Yul did survive. What would happen? I knew that I lied when I told Jessica about it and Luna? She just knows that Yul died because that was the doctors told them. My family paid the hospital and my brother was transferred in US for medication because he can have greater chance in surviving there. I know I betrayed my brother because of lying to Jessica. But what can I do? I think I was inlove at first sight to her.

 

                Speaking of calling her Jessica than Sica, she told me not to call her Sica because Yul is the only one who can call her that.

 

 

In US

 

                A tanned man woke up in his deep slumber. It’s been a week now since he was discharged from the hospital. And a week since his Brain tumor was gone. He really thought he was going to die but fortunately the God didn’t allow it and let him live.

 

“Ah~ It’s so good not waking up in a white room again!” - The man said while stretching his body. He looked at his bedside, luggage were there.

 

“It’s time to go back home now. I wonder if Sica can still remember me.” - He smiled but frowns when he remembered what he told his brother before he was transferred here.