Chapter 4

You’re my Eyes

It’s been a month already since the time they met. And each passing days, they have figured out that they love each other already though they still haven’t confessed to each other. And like any other day, Jessica is waiting patiently for someone to arrive. She kept a smile in her face while waiting. But this day was not like any day that she used to think. Today, Yul didn’t show up and that brought Jessica’s mood down. Next day, she was hoping that Yuri would come but got disappointed again.

 

                It’s been 3 days, since Jessica felt Yuri’s presence. Oh. How much she missed his scent, his voice, his laugh, his small skinship and his lame jokes. She thought that it was just 3 days but how can she missed the latter so much to the point that she cried when she have to sleep without being able to feel the presence of Yul. Jessica’s first love wasn’t like this, so she thought again maybe Yul is her greatest love.

 

                Jessica was getting fed by her private nurse because ofcourse she can’t see anything. She heard small ruckus and suddenly . . . the scent. The scent that came from one man only. The man that she have been crying every night.

 

“Sica yah~ Say ahh~” - She heard him say. She opened . She ate and began chewing, the tears streamed down in her face because of joy.

 

                It’s been 3 days since Yul saw Jessica and she missed it so much. These 3 days was very excruciating to Yul. His tumor was getting bigger and bigger these passing days, and those days were like hell to him. Today was not like any of those days, he can still feel the pain in his head. He’s been in the ICU for days already and every hour, he would feel the unbearable pain in his head. He missed Jessica so much and requested to his doctors to please let him be for this day. The doctors hesitated at first but soon agreed.

 

                He went to his Sica’s room immediately and when he got there, he opened the door slowly to not make any noise. When he got inside, he saw his Sica getting fed by her nurse. He poked the nurse and told her to stay silent. He told her also that he will continue feeding her. As he sat down, he saw Jessica finally, he wants to hug the girl very tight but he prevented himself from doing it but instead he told her to open . Jessica obeyed and chewed the foods but he was shocked when he saw tears were freely falling from his Sica’s eyes.

 

                Yul gently wiped it and smiled lovingly to her, although he knew she can’t see it. Jessica pulled her in a bear hug and whipped hardly. Sobbing sounds could be heard inside the room.

 

“I missed you so much Yul. I was always waiting for you to come but you did not.” Jessica said through her sobs while still in Yul’s embrace. 

 

“I’m sorry for letting you wait. I’m sorry Sica” - Yul said almost wanting to cry. Jessica pulled out of the hug and held his face gently like memorizing his features through her hands. She recognized that her Yul has a pointed nose.

 

“Where did you go Yul?” - Jessica asked but Yul change the subject.

 

“I’m really sorry princess, Have you been in good state? Are you okay? Have you gotten a donor?” - Yul asked. Jessica shakes her head.

 

“It’s okay Sica. You’ll gonna find someone soon” Yul smiled warmly to her.

 

                Jessica was still holding Yul’s face that time and she can feel that Yul smiled at her so she smiled back just the same. Jessica and Yul went back to how they make their day when they were together. They laugh, smile and talk a lot.

 

                Jessica was talking that time when she felt someone fell from the floor and a loud cry of agony was heard.

 

 

“Aaaaaaaaahhh!! M-my head! Urgghh!!! It hurts!” - Yul said in pain holding his head.

 

                Jessica heard it and even though she can’t see, she made her way down, touching things just to get her to Yul. When she felt a body next to her, she hurriedly hugs it.

 

“S-sica! It hurts so much!! U-urggh! Please help me.” - Jessica heard Yul’s painstaking voice in her arms. Jessica cried, she doesn’t know what to do. She touched Yul’s body because she can’t see anything. She wants to help him but how? She was blind for God’s sake!!!

 

“Y-yul. What’s happening? Why are you in pain? Yul!!” - Jessica said panicky. She just hugged Yul like her life depended on him as her tears was flowing like a river.

 

                She heard the door opened and lots of footsteps were heard coming to them.  And that’s when she felt her body is getting carried away from Yul. She shouted for them not to get her away from him but it was like they didn’t hear anything.