Chapter 1

You’re my Eyes

Jessica’s POV

 

Flashback

 

                I was on my way home, driving my car on the busy street of Seoul. My phone rang and I was about to get it but the phone fell causing me to pick it up. Upon getting it, I set my eyes back in the road hurriedly but when I did, I heard a loud honking sound and I watched as a light was coming infront of me in a fast way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I woke up. I woke up? I did woke up! B-but. . .why is everything black?!

 

“Jessica! My Daughter! You’re finally up!” - I heard someone calling me, I bet it was my mom but I can’t see her!

 

“Mom! Is that you?! Mommy I c-can’t see! I can’t see you! I can’t see anything!” - I shouted.

 

Flashback End

 

                And that’s what happened why I’m still lying here in a hospital bed. How do I know? Well I can clearly tell just by the smell. It’s been a week now and I’m so damn bored.  I had no one to talk to, my family is so busy, and that’s the reason why they were so rare visiting me. They just assigned a nurse to take care of me.

               

                So this is how it feels being blind. You can’t see anything, ofcourse that’s too obvious Jessica! I felt pity to the blind people out there; well I’m a blind too but I’m an exception I was referring to those who have nothing, how hard would it be, being blind for the rest or your life. If you’re asking me what am I still doing here in the hospital? Well, definitely waiting for my wounds to heal and a. . .donor.

 

                I hope they can find someone now who is willing to donate their eyes for me but I can’t help but feel sad that someone would be sacrificing his/her own eyes for a blind like me. I mean, it would be their turn to feel the emptiness I was feeling right now.

 

End of POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Someone’s POV

 

                I was crouching in my hospital bed again, tears b from my eyes, holding my head so tight. I feel like it was going to crack or something was hitting me with a hammer from the pain I’m suffering. I shouted in pain and that’s when I heard the door opened suddenly. My eyes are already blur from the pain I’m suffering.  I felt a needle penetrated into my arm and that’s when I felt everything turns black.

               

                I opened my eyes and felt a force in my left hand and when I turned, I saw my mom.

 

“Are you okay son?” My mom said.  I nodded my head and smiled to her.

 

                After that my mom apologized for not being with me that time and she wet out again because of an emergency from the company. I am a man born with a brain cancer. At first I thought it was just an ordinary headache but not when I got a frequent nose bleeding and forgetting some works I have to do. I’ve been here in the Seoul National Hospital for 2 months already; my parents assigned a nurse to take care of me and thank god for giving me a nice guardian here in the hospital.

 

                Last week, I heard there’s a new patient and it was a girl, they said she got on an accident and she was occupying the room next to me. Actually when I was kinda bored I frequently thought that maybe I could go visit her and have her as a friend but I hesitated that maybe she would not want it and I will just be a disturbance to her. But today, I made up my mind. Let’s just try and see whether she will accept me or not. I laughed to myself, I think I’m going to confess my love or something.

 

                I stood up and walked, bringing my dextrose with me and get out of my room. I grinned sheepishly. It’s been awhile since I got out of my room and awhile since I’ve saw the scenery outside. Well I can see it through the glass wall of the Hospital. I woke to the room next to me and begun to knock. 

 

End of POV