Too Late To Stop Now

Torn Between Two Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! Sorry it took a bit of a while again, but here's the next chapter!

Shorter than usual, but much more intense! D:

Hope you all like it! :)

The doorbell of the Jung family home rang, and Yunho hurried to the front door and opened it, expecting to see Erin since they had agreed earlier in school that she will come over to his house.

Instead, it was Jaejoong standing now in front of him.

Yunho’s face formed an automatic frown.

“Jae, I thought we already-“

“Yunho, we need to talk!” Jaejoong cut him off.

The worried look on Jaejoong’s face triggered Yunho’s concern. It told him that this wasn’t just about their usual arguments about the status of their secret relationship.

“What’s going on?” Yunho asked instead.

Jaejoong pushed him back into the house, came in himself, slammed the door behind him, grabbed Yunho by his arm, and dragged him into the Jung’s living room.

“Hey! Boo, calm down!” Yunho complained. Crazy Jaejoong, no matter what reason may be, is always quite complicated to deal with. Not to mention that it leads Yunho to be put in less than pleasant situations.

Like what has happening now.

“Yunho, you need to end your relationship with Erin,” Jaejoong said suddenly. His voice was quite modulated, but the sense of urgency was there. There was no way that Yunho could miss it.

“Not this again, Boo!” Yunho groaned in complete exasperation. Really, he had already be worrying that something bad was going on! But apparently it was still just the same old issue! Was Jaejoong really becoming pushy enough to track him down in his home just to pursue this argument?

“No!” Jaejoong nearly shouted. How has he going to explain to Yunho the actual intensity of the trouble they were in right now? He was so pressured right now. It was up to him to fix Yunho’s mistake before it was too late! “Yunho, no, listen to me! This isn’t ‘again’! This is totally different! Things are totally different!”

“Oh, yeah? Something suddenly changed?” Yunho scoffed disbelievingly. Jaejoong made to open his mouth to reply, but Yunho carried on raving. “Seriously, Boo! I know this is hard for you and everything, I really do! I mean, haven’t you told me enough times already, after all? But enough is enough! I am tired right now! I had two exams today and three student meetings! And Erin is supposed to come over any minute now! Now really isn’t the time for your delusional moments!”

“Delusional moments?” Jaejoong said after a bit of a pause, hurt and side-tracked from his main argument by those unexpected words from Yunho.

“Yes, Boo, delusional moments!” Yunho said in a hard tone. “I’ve tried to be patient with you and your craziness, but there’s only so much until I reach the end of my limit! I’m only doing this so that my father won’t find out I’m gay! My relationship with Erin is a fake one! You know that! So, I’ll greatly appreciate if you give me some break from your unfounded delusions!”

Jaejoong swallowed painfully. He knew that there were moments when he could be overbearing and that he does tend to overreact sometimes, but really, for Yunho to call him crazy and delusional? That really hurt. That hurt a lot.

He tried to ignore his heart cracking in pain, and focus on what he was here for: trying to rationalize with his boyfriend (though with each passing minute, he was wondering even more if ‘boyfriend’ was still applicable to Yunho).

“I-I’m sorry,” Jaejoong managed to mumble out, blinking rapidly his watery eyes. Yunho had never talked to him like before. Never ever. “B-but, Yunho, y-you have to l-listen to me-“

“Didn’t I say that enough is enough already?!” Yunho snapped.

He loved Jaejoong, he really did! But there was only so much that he could take right now! He was feeling quite pressured to act well and leave in no one in doubt about his relationship with Erin and, therefore, his uality as well. And Jaejoong’s delusions and paranoia and plain craziness just aren’t helping his nerves! So, he can’t help but channel out all his frustrations on Jaejoong right now.

“We’ve been through this thousands of times, Jae! Every ing day! Yes, you’re hurting! Don’t you think I am, too?! And don’t you even think about what will happen if my father finds out that I’m gay?! Just because your family is supportive about your ual orientation doesn’t mean that we can all live the ing perfect fairy tale that is your life!” Yunho continued on ranting angrily at Jaejoong, too frustrated at this point to notice the tears that were welling in his boyfriend’s eyes and that were threatening to spill over any second. “I’m telling you for the last time, I’m done with your delusions! Until you can get back your sense and rationality, maybe you should stick around other people for a while! Go bother Yoochun instead with your craziness, for a change! I don’t care what you do, but just leave me alone.”

That did it for Jaejoong.

It was finally all too much for him to bear.

Ever since Yunho had started out his “brilliant” plan, Jaejoong had tried to remain strong and not let the pain that he was feeling get to him. Or at least he tried to never let Yunho see how he would break down crying in pain. And so far, he had succeeded.

But not this time.

Before Jaejoong could realize it himself, hot tears were already flowing down his cheeks, his shoulders shaking as sob after heart-wrenching sob raked through his fragile-looking form.

And this finally made Yunho pause from his anger.

The sight of his lover crying in anguish in front of him finally made Yunho stop and consider all the words he had been unthinkingly spewing out on Jaejoong a while ago.

He grimaced. Thinking back now, he had been rather harsh. Harsh on his own boyfriend.

Yunho was finally starting to feel like the that he had been acting all this time.

“J-Jae,” he stuttered a bit, taken aback by Jaejoong’s tears. “Boo, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that-“

Through his tears, Jaejoong sent him a hurt look that all too clearly said, ‘Really-don’t-you?’

Yunho tried a different track.

“I’m s-sorry, I wasn’t thinking,” he said instead.

“Y-you haven’t been t-thinking about a-anything t-that you’ve b-been doing lately, Y-Yunho!” Jaejoong choked out resentfully through his tears. “Y-Yoochun had been r-right a-all this time! I-I have b-been d-delusional! B-but not for the r-reasons t-that you’re t-thinking!”

For the first time, a shard of fear pierced Yunho’s heart.

“What is that supposed to mean, Boo?” he asked worriedly. “Why are you delusional, then?”

“F-for t-thinking that y-you l-love m-me as much a-as I l-love y-you.”

At that statement from Jaejoong, Yunho felt like he had just been doused with a bucket of ice-cold water.

“W-what are you talking about, Jaejoong?” Yunho tried to say sternly, but there was a certain shaky edge to his voice. “Don’t listen to Park Yoochun! He has no idea what he was talking about! Of course I love you! Just as much as you love me! God, I actually think I love you more than you love me!”

That had Jaejoong scoffing in disbelief through his tears. Yunho loving him more than Jaejoong loved him? Now, that might just be the biggest joke he had ever heard!

“N-no, Y-Yoochun was r-right! Y-you d-don’t l-love m-me e-enough!” he accused Yunho through his tears.

It felt like a slap to Jaejoong’s face now that he was realizing just how right Yoochun had been. He had argued with Yoochun vehemently that night at the diner, insisting to his friend that Yunho really did love him so much. But Yunho’s words earlier were the last straw. The seeds of doubt were starting to plant themselves in Jaejoong’s mind and heart.

And he couldn’t believe that he really breaking down in front of Yunho! So much for trying to seem to be strong!

Jaejoong decided that he should leave before his hurt emotions got even better of him and his control. But as he made to go around Yunho and leave, Yunho was now the one to grab his arm and force him back in front of him.

“Boo, no!”

“L-let me g-go, Yunho! T-that’s what you w-want after all, r-right? F-for me not to b-bother you anymore?!”

“I didn’t mean that!” Yunho insisted. How things had gotten to this point, Yunho would never understand. But he at least had enough sense in him to realize that his relationship with Jaejoong was in dangerous waters.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter